Water Taxi Recommendations

ChefA85

My family and I are stopping in St. Lucia with the Norwegian Gem in March this year. We are looking for a water taxi to take us to Jalouise Beach/the Pintons and back. We are wary of using the ship excursions or a tour because of how long they are. We have a 3 year old and 4 year old with us and I don't want to be driving around on the hilly and winding roads with them. We just want to ride over to the beach and be able to return to the port on a more flexible schedule. Thank you in advance.

My family and I are stopping in St. Lucia with the Norwegian Gem in March this year. We are looking for a water taxi to take us to Jalouise Beach/the Pintons and back. We are wary of using the ship excursions or a tour because of how long they are. We have a 3 year old and 4 year old with us and I don't want to be driving around on the hilly and winding roads with them. We just want to ride over to the beach and be able to return to the port on a more flexible schedule. Thank you in advance.

As far as I know, there are no shared public water taxi shuttles to/from Jalouise. It would appear you are considering to hire a bespoke private water taxi. This will possibly cost $200/250.00

I invite the most helpful Reed Princess to add her suggestions for a reliable operator, and indicate current rate.

You're correct. As I reread my post I realize it isn't as clear as it could have been. I did some research here and online and couldn't find a public or shared water taxi service so my intention is to find a private company instead and was hoping others have done something similar and could pass on recommendations. I apologize for the confusion.

You're correct. As I reread my post I realize it isn't as clear as it could have been. I did some research here and online and couldn't find a public or shared water taxi service so my intention is to find a private company instead and was hoping others have done something similar and could pass on recommendations. I apologize for the confusion.

No apology needed.

For information, Reed Princess lives on St Lucia and has her finger on the pulse as to the best of everything St Lucia, the Island she loves.

Reed Princess can be trusted as she receives no commissions.

Be patient for her honest reply.

You can check out Tribute to the Lion's website for water taxi, oe Solomon's water taxi, or Israel water taxi.. Most guys don't have websites, so it's tough to arrange in advance...there will be a few at rhe docks offering services..

It's expensive . Keep that in mind. More than twice what a land taxi will be. Figure easily $20+ and up from Castries to Soufriere.. And it's a fairly long boat ride also, easily 45 minutes, and that's with the guys going fast - which isn't advisable given your little ones. The water taxis are not comfy speed boat rigs with shade and facilities and such - they're mainly open canoe-type, bench seating, no coverage from the elements, etc. Not quite a great choice with little ones really.

Maybe consider a catamaran tour or such instead - at least you have some shade, facilities, you can lay the kids down if needed, etc

It can be tough with little ones, especially given the distances you want to cover.

I wish you the best .

You can check out Tribute to the Lion's website for water taxi, oe Solomon's water taxi, or Israel water taxi.. Most guys don't have websites, so it's tough to arrange in advance...there will be a few at rhe docks offering services..

It's expensive . Keep that in mind. More than twice what a land taxi will be. Figure easily $20+ and up from Castries to Soufriere.. And it's a fairly long boat ride also, easily 45 minutes, and that's with the guys going fast - which isn't advisable given your little ones. The water taxis are not comfy speed boat rigs with shade and facilities and such - they're mainly open canoe-type, bench seating, no coverage from the elements, etc. Not quite a great choice with little ones really.

Maybe consider a catamaran tour or such instead - at least you have some shade, facilities, you can lay the kids down if needed, etc

It can be tough with little ones, especially given the distances you want to cover.

I wish you the best .

Thank you.