Vigie Beach

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:22 PM.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,789 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by bellasorella
Thank you for the helpful response. DH reminded me today that it was a land taxi driver who wanted to take us to Vigie, so you are correct! Do you happen to remember how much the cab ride was? 5-10 min would have to mean it wasn't too far.... And did you enjoy Vigie? Chairs and umbrella rentals available? And bathrooms, I will assume....
Again, thanks.
Vigie has been revamped as of Dec last year. Thete is now a boardwalk with multiple food outlets with full meals and snacks if various types, bars, cocktails, tables, restrooms and showers. Chairs available, as noted above. Minimal umbrellas for shade as they're not necessary - there's tons of shade available all down the beach - tons.
Taxi should be around $10-12 one way. You can either arrange a time for pickup or there are drivers available there also to return you.
You can walk also, maybe 20-30 minutes walk, directions listed in several other posts on here...
10,660 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Is the taxi available to take us right to the boardwalk/chair vendors or is it a "walk" to get to them? Have a couple of folks in our group that don't walk well.

Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Skiiergirl (and Mr. Ski)

Register for the Meet and Mingle here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do
(You will need the ship name, sailing date, and booking number.)

Most posts are done from my iPad. So please overlook the typos/stupid autocorrect that I don't catch! Interpret what I mean not how it reads.

No children, No guilt, Spending the cats' inheritance one cruise at a time!
33 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by skiiergirl
Is the taxi available to take us right to the boardwalk/chair vendors or is it a "walk" to get to them? Have a couple of folks in our group that don't walk well.

Thanks.
I sort of recall from our 12/2016 visit that you had to walk through the market adjacent to the pier (if using berths 3&4) to get to ground transportation. But I wasn’t looking for dealing with mobility needs. If you don’t get an answer here, ask your cruise staff. They should have current info.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,789 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by skiiergirl

Thanks.
Yes, taxi will take right onto the beach where rhe chair vendors and boardwalk is located.
You'll have to exit the cruise terminals to catch a cab, which will involve a couple minutes walk through the shops. The taxis aren't waiting right on the pier.
10,660 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by reedprincess
Yes, taxi will take right onto the beach where rhe chair vendors and boardwalk is located.
You'll have to exit the cruise terminals to catch a cab, which will involve a couple minutes walk through the shops. The taxis aren't waiting right on the pier.
Thanks so much! I am familiar with the cruise areas....both Pointe Seraphine and the "industrial" terminal....the walking there is fine. Just didn't then want a long walk to chairs, etc once we got out of taxi at the beach.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Skiiergirl (and Mr. Ski)

Register for the Meet and Mingle here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Most posts are done from my iPad. So please overlook the typos/stupid autocorrect that I don't catch! Interpret what I mean not how it reads.

Parker,Co
9 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by castro1n3
hello to all, who will read this post. there is a beach facility at the vigie beach opposite the airport and there are 6 booths that servers food and drink. there are also two washroom facilities and beach chairs u can get from me. be sure to look out for my little sign boards also look out for beach massages this season.

best regards
castro
We'll be there on Wed Jan 31st. 2 people. Hope you'll be there and we can get chairs from you.
83 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by Ontario Cruiser
We were there last year and back in January. Make sure the taxi drops you off at the little promenade which has restaurants and washrooms. Very little walking. Ontario Cruiser6
great stuff look forward to having you again.
Parker,Co
9 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by Ontario Cruiser
We were there last year and back in January. Make sure the taxi drops you off at the little promenade which has restaurants and washrooms. Very little walking. Ontario Cruiser6
Thanks for the tip!
10,660 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
We were there a few weeks back. Beautiful beach.
We didn't eat as the food vendor we were nearest had some very lovely cal foods that the rest of my group didn't go for. Some of our friends walked to the end of the beach and got a nice fish sandwich and fries. Another walked across street to airport and bought a cheeseburger. Not crowded the day we were there. Just a couple of vendors but were very nice.
One warning though...they do charge to use the restroom. One of our guys paid $1 twice to use the restroom twice. The other gent in our group said...."the sea is free"��.
Taxi does drop you off right at chairs so limited walking.
Also, we docked at the "industrial/town" pier. Taxi was $3 or $ 4 pp each way. (I can't remember which and not sure if it was lower because we had a group,of 9 ).
The taxi driver gave our chair vendor his phone number so he could call when we were ready to return.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Skiiergirl (and Mr. Ski)

550 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Castro1n3

We will be in port on Friday January 26, 2018
Could you please reserve two chairs for us. We expect to get to the beach sometime around 10 AM since our plan is to walk from the port
Thanks in advance.

Joe and Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
abqcruiser
83 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by lightsleeper
Castro1n3

We will be in port on Friday January 26, 2018
Could you please reserve two chairs for us. We expect to get to the beach sometime around 10 AM since our plan is to walk from the port
Thanks in advance.

Joe and Carol
noted
Chesterfield
920 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by castro1n3
noted
How much is it to hire 2 chairs and are there umrellas?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crown Princess 2011
Independence of the Seas 2012
Queen Elizabeth 2013
Oceana March 2014
Ventura October 2014
Ventura April 2015
Cruise & Maritime July 2015
Arcadia Sept 2015
Ventura Feb 2016
Emerald Princess June 2016
Arcadia October 2016
Britannia March 2017
Britannia June 2017
Azura September 2017
Cape May, NJ
251 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Our ship docks at 8 am , what time are the chair vendors at Vigie beach?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Triumph 2004
Ncl Dawn Jan 2005
Ncl Dawn Jan 2006
Ncl Gem Feb 2007

NCL Majesty JULY 2008

Carnival GLory FEB 2009
Disney Wonder NOV 2009
RCC EOS FEB 2010
Norwegian Jewel Oct 24, 2010
Norwegian Gem Nov 13, 2011