Death in Paradise tour

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:21 PM.
Cumbria
189 Posts
Joined May 2009
Has anyone done a private tour or taxi trip to where Death in paradise is filmed? Just wondering whether to do our own or go on a ship trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

%5BURL=https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttps://clocks.cruisecritic.co.uk/countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=lynnek&date=1-26-2018&text=&ship=Azura%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
Sheffield , England
165 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Sorry it might be too late but we went on a ship tour that was called 'botanical gardens and deshaies'.
It was a fab tour that took in all the sights from the tv series.
We tried to DIY but was going to be VERY expensive.
Midwest US
306 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
I think the show is filmed on a smaller island than the main island so a boat trip would be needed to visit the area of filming itself.

I'd love to visit but it looks like it difficult to find cruises from Florida.
942 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by schlot
Very cool.

Departing Miami?

Yes. 12 Nights departing Feb 16

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Jewel of the Seas - Barbados / Dominica / Grenada / St Maarten / St Thomas
2018 - HAL Rotterdam - Key West / Roatan / Santo Tomas de Castillo / Costa Maya
2017 - Radiance of the Seas - Alaskan Cruise - Vancouver to Seward - Ketchikan / Sitka / Haines / Juneau / Skagway / Hubbard Glacier
2016 - Carnival Splendor - Roatan / Belize / Costa Maya / Cozumel / Grand Cayman
2016 - Carnival Valor - Nassau / Amber Cove / Grand Turk
2015 - Explorer of the Seas - Cocoa Cay / Cozumel
2014 - Jewel of the Seas - Southern Caribbean
2013 - Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean
2010 - Carnival Breeze - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - Norwegian - Exotic Western Caribbean
2007 - Princess - Alaskan Cruise
1995 - SeaBreeze - Eastern Caribbean
1992 - Mardi Gras - Bahamas
1991 - Fesitvale - Bahamas
1991 - MS Caribe 1 - Eastern Caribbean
1988 - Starship Oceanic - Bahamas
Edinburgh
3,645 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I did a private tour in Guadeloupe to the Death in Paradise locations and it was amazing. We toured the island through the rain forest stopping to view the main sights en route to Deshaies. Our guide showed us round the town, pointed out the main spots like Catherine's Bar where we had drinks, the pier from where they film the views of the village, the police station, church etc. We had lots of time in the village. We were shown the hotel which is the location for lots of episodes and also went to the beautiful beach where the inspector's 'shack' is set up when filming is going on. Heaven on earth and we just loved it. The only thing I'd say about the tour was that our guide's car was really too small for her plus 4 passengers. However we only paid $50 I think. Her email is gwadaguide at gmail dot com but she was pregnant in 2017 so I don't know if she'll be available.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Still to come:
P&O Aurora USA and Canada 16th September 2018
P&O Ventura Bermuda, USA and Caribbean 5th February 2019
P&O Oriana Spain, Corsica and Italy, 17th September 2019. CANCELLED BY P&O
Celebrity Infinity Adriatic, Sicily and Spain, 24th August 2019
P&O Ventura USA and Caribbean February 2020