hotel close to Atlanta airport

compozer

Looking for a nice hotel before and after close to the Atlanta airport. We don't need anything special since it is just for sleeping but want it fairly nice but not real expensive. Transportation to and from the airport is about all we need.

thanks for any suggestions.

Be very, very careful where you choose a hotel near the airport!!! The outlying areas are not anywhere i would stay in the daytime, much less overnight!!

There are some nice hotel inside the airport complex so I would get one of those even if it costs more.

Trust me....you do not want to stay in the wrong area!!!

We have stayed two different times at the Hampton Inn off I85 north (type this in your search and it should come up). It’s fine— not a lot nearby and it’s practically on the runway, lol. They offer a free airport shuttle and complimentary parking at the hotel if you’re not inclined to fight airport parking.

For what it’s worth, if you can’t find a hotel to your liking near to the airport (you the other poster is correct— you do have to be very careful where you travel in this area), but you need parking, I always use the Delta Park-n-Fly Plus off-site parking lot off Camp Creek Parkway. Good prices, great shuttle service, and very convenient.