Country Inn and Suites Newark NJ

Karen4120

I found a great rate for our pre-cruise stay on 10/26 for $97 for this hotel. We are arriving around 10 p.m,. the night before so really only need a nice clean place to sleep. We are going to drive to the port. I have seen some posts saying to avoid this hotel. Its a great rate and very tempting. We are booking 2 rooms as we are travelling with 2 couples. Anyone stay here recently? I know they are doing construction but can't imagine it should impact our stay in Oct when we are only going to sleep here? Is this hotel in a good location for the commute to the port? I would have to prepay to get this rate so I want to get it right. Thanks for any info.

Karen

I found a great rate for our pre-cruise stay on 10/26 for $97 for this hotel. We are arriving around 10 p.m,. the night before so really only need a nice clean place to sleep. We are going to drive to the port. I have seen some posts saying to avoid this hotel. Its a great rate and very tempting. We are booking 2 rooms as we are travelling with 2 couples. Anyone stay here recently? I know they are doing construction but can't imagine it should impact our stay in Oct when we are only going to sleep here? Is this hotel in a good location for the commute to the port? I would have to prepay to get this rate so I want to get it right. Thanks for any info.

Karen

That's a great price! I've stayed there several times and it was fine, but there have been cruisers who have posted they were dissatisfied. It's an airport hotel. Newark is not a vacation destination!

It's an easy off, easy on from exit 13A of the Turnpike. To get to Cape Liberty you go North one exit and follow the signs to Exit 14A. No need to deal with the spaghetti roads searching for a hotel off of routes 1&9.

Karen

I am one of the few recent posters that has been very unhappy with the Country Inn & Suites for our stay last October. (one night pre-cruise) It was no cost to me as I got it on points....and what a waste of my points.

We were even given a room upgrade and the room was not only very worn, but dirty and mold apparent in the bathroom.

Construction has been on going for years it seems with no end in sight. I too assumed after reading posts about the construction that it would be done by the time of our booked stay. The hotel looked to be under construction but we actually saw no work being done.

Yes...the location is great but there are certainly better options across, next door and up the street. Do a little research into the other options....you'll be so glad you did.

Op- if you really want to do this, my suggestion is to call the hotel directly about 11 am, tell them you will be a late arrival, and ask them to book out a nice renovated room for you. Doesn't always work (been there done that - late arrival at a Courtyard had 4 of us in a king plus single sofa bed - DS slept on the cushions on the floor and the manager comp'd us the room when I complained). Anyway it's worth the phone call.

Karen

Hello Karen,

I stayed at Country Inn, Elizabeth, NJ, this past May and previously. Renovations are sort of done. Don' t think you will get a better price than $98 in the area. I found the room fine. Keep in mind, price includes breakfast. Just a thought: why are you arriving so late, 10PM? Why not try to arrive earlier, eat dinner, restaurants within walking distance, i.e. next door??

Just some thoughts as arriving 10PM, by the time you settle in, it will be later yet.

Good Luck

NJ1010

Marie

I just checked lastminutetravel.com for your date. The Ramada is $77 plus tax and Springhill Suites is $97 plus tax if you are a member.

If you're uncomfortable about Country Inns, look at the Ramada. I have stayed there and it was just fine. I recommend it all the time as part of a popular park/sleep/cruise or sleep/cruise package from trinityreservations.com that includes port transportation. However, they do charge for overnight parking as do Country Inns and Springhill Suites.