El Cozumeleno Beach Resort Day Pass

MsMistiS

Has anyone tried this resort for their day in Cozumel? Their amenities look good. We were wondering about the quality of food and the cost of the cab ride.

Any other resorts you have tried that you like better then this one? Also are there any adults only resorts that do day passes in Cozumel?

We went to Mr. Sanchoes last time we were there and we did not like their food or drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is up north, far past town, not close to any of the piers. If you are at the cruise port downtown, it would be closer than the other two and not too expensive a taxi. If you are down south, at International pier or Puerta Maya it would be a long drive. Plus there is nothing near the resort, except a golf course.

I haven't been there, but I stayed at another hotel up that area my first trip to Coz in 2000. It looks pretty from outside.

Most of the resorts on the island are south end of island. All sizes, all price ranges.

Has anyone tried this resort for their day in Cozumel? Their amenities look good. We were wondering about the quality of food and the cost of the cab ride.

Any other resorts you have tried that you like better then this one? Also are there any adults only resorts that do day passes in Cozumel?

We went to Mr. Sanchoes last time we were there and we did not like their food or drinks.

I haven't done this particular resort, although I have considered it a couple of times. There are lots of hotel resorts on Cozumel that do day passes, check out Cozumel Watersports, Island Marketing and Resort for a day for options and you will see which are adult only. I always start by looking there for photos and amenities and then check directly with hotel, (sometimes the direct rate is higher, sometimes lower).

The hotel is located north of town as stated but I don't see that as a problem if you are only there for the day. Most of the large resort hotels are "out of town", north or south.

Here is a link to the taxi fares from International Pier (others available from the other piers).

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxiinternational?From=Taxiczm

Some people have reported that the fares from the piers are now higher than those listed in this link, but the link is good for an estimate and comparative purposes between resorts north and south and I am not sure there has been an "official" increase in price unless it is a surcharge for pier pick-up.

Edited by c-leg5

Hi:

Hubby and I went to the El Cozumeleno resort thru Shore Excursioneer in 11/14. The resort was fine other than the beach area which in my opinion was terrible. It appears maybe they have revamped the beach so you now don't have to enter thru all rock ironstone. On the day we went there was also high winds, and they were expecting a storm, so might have clouded my judgement of the beach, but lots of seaweed, and I never even got in.

Food was ok, nothing memorable. You had to contend with lots of kids in the hot tubs using them as swimming pools instead of being in the actual pools. I wouldn't go here again. I can't comment on other resorts because that was our first in Cozumel. I am looking for something else when we are there in December this year.

Good luck

Hi:

Hubby and I went to the El Cozumeleno resort thru Shore Excursioneer in 11/14. The resort was fine other than the beach area which in my opinion was terrible. It appears maybe they have revamped the beach so you now don't have to enter thru all rock ironstone. On the day we went there was also high winds, and they were expecting a storm, so might have clouded my judgement of the beach, but lots of seaweed, and I never even got in.

Food was ok, nothing memorable. You had to contend with lots of kids in the hot tubs using them as swimming pools instead of being in the actual pools. I wouldn't go here again. I can't comment on other resorts because that was our first in Cozumel. I am looking for something else when we are there in December this year.

Good luck

Thank you from the review! We definitely don't want to deal with tons of kids. I love children but it's our honeymoon. I think we will keep looking. Off to do more research.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm a little late to the game but wanted to throw in my two cents; we did the beach break next door to the Cozumeleno last March, at the Melia; I was actually looking at switching to the Cozumeleno for next year because while the Melia was amazing, beautiful, and terrific food etc. - the snorkeling at Cozumeleno was UNBELIEVABLE. My 8-year old said it was like swimming in an aquarium! Yes, it's a rocky beach entry, but that makes it an ideal place for lots of fishies.

Although if the food isn't good, we might stick with the Melia again and just walk down the beach like we did this year. The Melia also has lots of free watersports stuff (kayaks etc.), hammocks, a swim-up bar - it's terrific.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last year.

We booked a day room which was AI. It is not very far from the cruise ports, but is in the other direction where the airport is. The resort facility is OK, a little tired. Did not care much about the food. Pool area was not bad. Beach was more for snorkeling. Room was not bad.

• 1 year later...
Hey there, I'm a little late to the game but wanted to throw in my two cents; we did the beach break next door to the Cozumeleno last March, at the Melia; I was actually looking at switching to the Cozumeleno for next year because while the Melia was amazing, beautiful, and terrific food etc. - the snorkeling at Cozumeleno was UNBELIEVABLE. My 8-year old said it was like swimming in an aquarium! Yes, it's a rocky beach entry, but that makes it an ideal place for lots of fishies.

Although if the food isn't good, we might stick with the Melia again and just walk down the beach like we did this year. The Melia also has lots of free watersports stuff (kayaks etc.), hammocks, a swim-up bar - it's terrific.

Hi Cathi can you please tell me how much you paid for day pass to Melia and where did you buy it? Did you ever go to the Cozumeleno?

Hi Cathi can you please tell me how much you paid for day pass to Melia and where did you buy it? Did you ever go to the Cozumeleno?

Hey there!

We DID do the Cozumeleno day pass, and had a BLAST! We are going to do it again next March (2019). The latest prices we got are as follows;

Adults

$55.00

Child 3-11

$25.00

2 and Under- FREE

$0.00

I like this site for booking - https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks Cathi for responding to my message. We are going to Cozumel in February onboard the Independence of the Seas. Tired of doing beach clubs there so I thought the Cozumeleno Resort might be better and we love snorkeling. How was the food? I keep reading bad reviews on it and some people even say they got sick. I never drink anything with ice in it or water. Was the snorkeling good? I just bought our tickets from shoreexcursioneers for the same price. Did you have any trouble buying tickets from a broker when you got to resort? I can't wait, the pictures look great!!

I like it because it's further from port so not as crowded, not as many people know about it. I had zero issues with the food/drinks, and I had plenty of both (I likewise don't drink the water, but I had a ton of ice in a lot of banana daiquiris!). They were making fresh tortillas on the grill and had lots of selection for different meats, fruits, salsas, salads etc. My 10-year old and I both thought everything was delicious. Service on the beach was even good - attentive but not hovering waitstaff, and you could order from the menu if you didn't like the buffet (although I didn't get a chance to test this out, hopefully next visit!).

I have bought from that broker at least three times now and never had any issues when I got to the resorts. One trip we were there a little earlier than the 'scheduled' time due to an early port arrival, but the resort was really nice about it and let us go ahead. I always carry a printout of the reservation and the deposit info just to be safe; there was a question about the deposit on our first visit, but it was cleared up quickly.

The snorkeling is some of the best shore snorkeling we've done, the fish are RIGHT THERE. They are so used to people, they will come right up to you and swim right past you. Tons of different types. It is very rocky and there are spiny urchins so I'd suggest water shoes, but I've never worn them and been fine. I usually just take my mask/snorkel, and my daughter likes to have her fins and goggles. It's great for kids because you only have to go out a few feet to see lots.