Playa Mia

NewHere

6 days to embarkation!!!

I am trying to find the cost (non cruise ship) for the Playa Mia deluxe beach break and what the difference is between the deluxe and the regular. I have been on their web site and can't seem to figure it out.

Is there always availability at the dock? (I don't want to pay $90 pp from RCCL)

Thanks!

This is something you have to book using Playa Mia's site...which will redirect you to the cruise ship for booking. You have to use the cruise ships tour. That's just the way they are set up.

We were just there a little over a month ago. I have a COMPLETE review with TONS of pictures of the place in my signature line. Just click on the Playa Mia link.

My suggestion...book the cheap tour. It's well worth it. You get to stay longer and you can come and go as you please. The more expensive excursion is a limited time. Also, the more expensive tour has a buffet because it includes the food with it. Almost everyone I talked to (or read reviews on) did not like the buffet. The food sat out all day and to be honest, when we looked at it, it didn't look good. It was mostly American food and I don't know about you, but I visit Mexico to have authentic Mexican food! :) We were able to pick what we wanted off the menu and they had a lot to chose from. Our meal was good and filling and saved us $$ compared to what we would have spent paying for it to be included.

IMG_0091-L.jpg

You go to Playa Mia's site. You pick which beach break you are interested in. Once you have done that, it has a button that ask "Traveling by Cruise Ship?" and you click that button. Another screen pops up and ask you "which" cruise ship you will be on. Once you click that, it takes you to the ships site for booking. So yes, it still books this way. I just did a "mock" booking and it's still working the same as it did when we were there 1 1/2 months ago. :)

Now yes, not all cruise lines are listed on there. I noticed that NCL is not listed. So, some of the cruise lines as not offering it as one of their tours. So, if that's the case, you would have to contact Playa Mia on how to book or use an independent agent.

But it IS still offered by the cruiseline. You just use Playa Mia's site to book. ;)

Here is a link. I would also consider Mr Sanchos all inclusive for $45 PP on line.

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

I really wish someone had shown me this link prior to when we went. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than what we paid without the buffet. :( I tried asking and googling and didn't come up with a way to book other than using Playa Mia's site, which directs you to the cruise ship site. Although I will probably never go back here, (I will find new places each time) it's good to know about this site that offers bookings with other things. :)

There can be a huge difference. For example, an all inclusive in Progreso is $35 PP directly with them , and $79 PP through Carnival. We have come to where we do all our excursions independently, especially where there is no worry regarding getting back to the ship on time. So when you need help, just come here, and you will get some valuable info.

There can be a huge difference. For example, an all inclusive in Progreso is $35 PP directly with them , and $79 PP through Carnival. We have come to where we do all our excursions independently, especially where there is no worry regarding getting back to the ship on time. So when you need help, just come here, and you will get some valuable info.

Now Centex, you should know that I thoroughly research everything I do and live on these boards when I'm planning for my cruises. I have talked to you many times. I never book with the ship and do everything independent (unless there's a reason that it can't be booked unless it's with the ship). When I was planning my Playa Mia day, everyone told me that it had to be booked using the Playa Mia site...which obviously takes you back to the cruise ship booking site. I thought that was the ONLY way to book it after seeing that and talking to everyone on here about their bookings. These days, it's hard to tell because a lot of the places I have been to recently are starting to only let you book using the cruise ship (for instance Maya Key). :)

Now Centex, you should know that I thoroughly research everything I do and live on these boards when I'm planning for my cruises. I have talked to you many times. I never book with the ship and do everything independent (unless there's a reason that it can't be booked unless it's with the ship). When I was planning my Playa Mia day, everyone told me that it had to be booked using the Playa Mia site...which obviously takes you back to the cruise ship booking site. I thought that was the ONLY way to book it after seeing that and talking to everyone on here about their bookings. These days, it's hard to tell because a lot of the places I have been to recently are starting to only let you book using the cruise ship (for instance Maya Key). :)

I had to chuckle when I read that...:D

mitsugirly does more research in these boards than almost anyone. (even me) ;)

Centex...

Thanks for the link....

I've spent almost 2 months now researching and had yet to see that link.

Bill

You are welcome. It is indeed nice that some of the posters here do all that research, as it helps us all a lot.

I had to chuckle when I read that...:D

mitsugirly does more research in these boards than almost anyone. (even me) ;)

Centex...

Thanks for the link....

I've spent almost 2 months now researching and had yet to see that link.

Bill

Hi Mitsugirly/Anyone else who can help!!!

Quick question if you don't mind.

I want to book the Playa Mia beach break but am getting confused. I want to book the option you had with the open bar but no buffet but cant seem to find it? On the actual site it directs you back to carnival which is $89.99 and includes the buffet as well.

Then on the other site that was posted there is also no option for just the bar! Help!!!

I tried to pm you but cant??

TIA!

Hi Mitsugirly/Anyone else who can help!!!

Quick question if you don't mind.

I want to book the Playa Mia beach break but am getting confused. I want to book the option you had with the open bar but no buffet but cant seem to find it? On the actual site it directs you back to carnival which is $89.99 and includes the buffet as well.

Then on the other site that was posted there is also no option for just the bar! Help!!!

I tried to pm you but cant??

TIA!

The way I did it was go to the Playa Mia site, click on the "beach break" NOT the "Deluxe". Then on the next screen there is a "button" that says "Traveling by cruise ship? click here". The pop up screen then takes you to where you pick which cruise ship you are coming by. I picked "Carnival". This will pop up another browser that takes you to the Carnival site. Now I can't remember if it takes you directly to the different excursions in Cozumel (because I don't have a Carnival cruise now booked), but mine is just taking me to the Carnival excursions portion and I have to click on the drop down box on the side for "Cozumel, Mexico" which will bring up all of their excursions for Cozumel. Then I looked for the beach excursion. Now that I'm looking at them all, I can't seem to find the regular one either. Maybe they took it off? I'm not sure. I do know that I had a hard time finding it before, and then I had a problem with the pricing because the price on the Playa Mia site was cheaper than the Carnival one had posted. They told me that it all depended on the "date" we were going and the date we were going was a "more expensive" date. :rolleyes:

The way I did it was go to the Playa Mia site, click on the "beach break" NOT the "Deluxe". Then on the next screen there is a "button" that says "Traveling by cruise ship? click here". The pop up screen then takes you to where you pick which cruise ship you are coming by. I picked "Carnival". This will pop up another browser that takes you to the Carnival site. Now I can't remember if it takes you directly to the different excursions in Cozumel (because I don't have a Carnival cruise now booked), but mine is just taking me to the Carnival excursions portion and I have to click on the drop down box on the side for "Cozumel, Mexico" which will bring up all of their excursions for Cozumel. Then I looked for the beach excursion. Now that I'm looking at them all, I can't seem to find the regular one either. Maybe they took it off? I'm not sure. I do know that I had a hard time finding it before, and then I had a problem with the pricing because the price on the Playa Mia site was cheaper than the Carnival one had posted. They told me that it all depended on the "date" we were going and the date we were going was a "more expensive" date. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Just logged in and that made no difference all Carnival seem to have is the delux versions! Shame. Do you know anyone who has booked through the other site. Is it all legitimate? It is about $30 cheaper person.

Thank you.

Just logged in and that made no difference all Carnival seem to have is the delux versions! Shame. Do you know anyone who has booked through the other site. Is it all legitimate? It is about $30 cheaper person.

Yes, Shore Excursions is a legit place and plenty of people use them on here. No worries. I have booked with them once before. Things didn't work out because they gave up their contract with the place I was going to (the place would still accept the booking) but I decided to cancel and rebook with the actual place (this is a place in Costa Maya) and they refunded no questions ask and right away. I would trust them.

Thanks for all the great info on Playa Mia. Was there several years ago and was able to buy admission at the gate. Is this not allowed anymore?

I keep reading reviews where people said when they arrived, they had to make up a hotel to tell them when asked while buying tickets.

Others state that they were never asked...

Bill

• 1 month later...

I'm curious if anyone ever got a answer on what the cost is to book Playa Mia?

I too want to book the excursion that includes adults open bar but no buffet? I know Mistugirly was able to book it back in May.

Also, has anyone just taken a taxi to Playa Mia and paid to get in when they got there?

I'm curious if anyone ever got a answer on what the cost is to book Playa Mia?

I too want to book the excursion that includes adults open bar but no buffet? I know Mistugirly was able to book it back in May.

Also, has anyone just taken a taxi to Playa Mia and paid to get in when they got there?

I emailed them and told them I was coming on my own and not arriving by cruise ship. They told me admission was 30 per person and that did not include food or drinks. We wound up not going there after all.

You can definitely take a taxi from the pier.

• 4 years later...
Here is a link. I would also consider Mr Sanchos all inclusive for $45 PP on line.

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

I would definitely recommend Mr. Sanchos too! I’m going to try the playa mia deluxe beach break next cruise because I received the Port charges discount as one of my perks and use of that lowers the price of the playa mia deluxe beach break to only $26.50. Mr Sanchos costs $45 + $10- $15 each way for cab fare to Mr Sanchos location. If you share the ride you can cut transportation costs to as low as $5 each way but thats still $55 instead of the $26.50 I’m paying NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums