LHR Car Service

We will be using a car service for transfer from LHR to our hotel, how much time should I allow to clear immigration/passport control. I'd rather be waiting on the car as having them wait on me. Do you think 1 hr. 15 minutes would be enough or should I move it up to a minimum of 1 and a half hours. Flt. arrives at 8:45 a.m. from the US.

Thanks for you help

I recently (last month) used Blackberry car service (honeymoon trip for my DS & new DIL) from LHR to their London hotel. All I needed to do was give Blackberry their flight info (they monitor flights) and the driver was waiting in the terminal at the suggested by them location (in front of WH Smith convenience store with a sign) for them....very easy.

Thank you Ashland. My main concern is that the flight would be on time [therefore driver would be waiting] but there might be a back-up/delay in getting through immigration/passport control. Just trying to figure out how much time to allow. I'm sure the drivers know pretty much how much time it will take and arrive accordingly.

Thanks again.:)

I usually plan on 1 hr to get from the plane to Immigration then to hike to baggage claim then another hike to the outside no matter what airport

Got lucky last week coming home & made it out in just under 1 hr ;)

I usually plan on 1 hr to get from the plane to Immigration then to hike to baggage claim then another hike to the outside no matter what airport

Got lucky last week coming home & made it out in just under 1 hr ;)

Unfortunately, our mutual home airport has about the slowest baggage I've ever seen (except maybe when I flew into Madrid 2 years ago).

Unfortunately, our mutual home airport has about the slowest baggage I've ever seen (except maybe when I flew into Madrid 2 years ago).

I would agree but this trip the stars must have been aligned as we got out in no time :halo:

Amsterdam was pretty slow when we arrived we had BUS class & our bags were off in the last bunch ..so much for priority baggage tags

I would agree but this trip the stars must have been aligned as we got out in no time :halo:

Amsterdam was pretty slow when we arrived we had BUS class & our bags were off in the last bunch ..so much for priority baggage tags

I’ve been lucky too but it is unusual. Glad it worked for you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We arrived LHR @8:30AM in July. Customs and immigration took about 1.5 hrs. It was a zoo. I have read on another board that Blackberry charged for the waiting time in a similar case. We were using Smith's (headed to Southampton) and fortunately the price didn't change from what I had been quoted.

I want to add that while Smith’s was on time, helpful and friendly, the person I booked with assured me the driver would take a credit card. We counted on that and ended up short on cash( pounds) at the very beginning of our trip when he insisted on cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums