Mayan Ruins Transport

WrightOn

I read a review by one person who said about a Tulum excursion, " The bus ride was comfortable and the high speed boat between Cozumel and the main land was fun."

I have searched and searched and can find nothing that includes high speed transport between Cozumel and the main land. Does anyone know anything about this?

Only transportation I have ever taken between the ship and mainland is a ferry. Never bothered me, but many people complain of seasickness. It can be a rough ride.

Would recommend doing a ship's excursion. On more than one occasion I have seen the ship wait for their own excursion, but others left behind. It's an all day excursion and you need a reliable bus/transport, and ferry can be packed and sell out of tickets.

Yes, high speed boat. Done it dozen times in 30 yrs. Only way to get there. Waves can get high, didn't bother me but some that usually get sea sick it could...

Got horribly seasick on that high speed ferry ride! I suggest dramamine or wrist bands. I use wrist bands now on any rough sea trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's around 22 miles from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen.

The mere fact that the ferries cover that distance in around 40-45 minutes means they travel at close to 30 mph which is fast on the ocean. And if there are swells or storm wave action, the ferries chop right through them creating bouncing. If you ever watch those "cigar" boats on relatively flat water, you see the same effect.

Only transportation I have ever taken between the ship and mainland is a ferry. Never bothered me, but many people complain of seasickness. It can be a rough ride.

Would recommend doing a ship's excursion. On more than one occasion I have seen the ship wait for their own excursion, but others left behind. It's an all day excursion and you need a reliable bus/transport, and ferry can be packed and sell out of tickets.

I'm leaning this way because of that very reason but still want to check out all the options. I was thinking about a plane, but most of the group doesn't want to spend that kind of money which makes it a little cost prohibitive for the remaining 2.

There are no planes flying from Coz to PDC.

The ferry is the only way to get there.

I have done it a dozen times over 18 years visiting Cozumel on vacations. Yes, if weather is windy the seas will be choppy. Most of the time that is not true, but it is a speedy boat, so there is a motion to it. If you are sensitive to that, you may get seasick. Honestly, in all our trips, I have only seen 1 person get seasick onboard, and it was a kid. Staff brought her a trash can to use, and she did. Most of the adults were drinking beer and sodas the way over...yes, they have waiters and bar service. Take cash.

There are no planes flying from Coz to PDC.

The ferry is the only way to get there.

I have done it a dozen times over 18 years visiting Cozumel on vacations. Yes, if weather is windy the seas will be choppy. Most of the time that is not true, but it is a speedy boat, so there is a motion to it. If you are sensitive to that, you may get seasick. Honestly, in all our trips, I have only seen 1 person get seasick onboard, and it was a kid. Staff brought her a trash can to use, and she did. Most of the adults were drinking beer and sodas the way over...yes, they have waiters and bar service. Take cash.

Maybe not to PDC but there are flights to Tulum and Chichen Itzá for ruins tours.

I read a review by one person who said about a Tulum excursion, "The bus ride was comfortable and the high speed boat between Cozumel and the main land was fun."

I have searched and searched and can find nothing that includes high speed transport between Cozumel and the main land. Does anyone know anything about this?

go to the dock with a high speed boat at it get on it pay the fee and enjoy the ride