Southhampton England Pier

Jenny2121

Depends on the cruise line. Last September on Princess, we arrived Southampton at 11:00am. Dropped luggage with waiting terminal porter at curbside. Went straight to 2nd level of terminal for immediate check-in. Waited till around 11:30am for priority security check and boarding the ship.

You can also post on the British Isles/Western Europe Port of Call for more response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's usually straight forward- depending on which pier you're on, but Princess is usually at Mayflower Dock. Taxi/car will drive to the entrance; luggage drop is very close, but if it's a car, then a porter might unload for speed- keep hold of your carry on bags, though, if he's over enthusiastic! Walk into the building; follow the signs and you'll be given a coloured card and the health form (Noro virus). Sit down until your colour is called, and then you'll be guided to a check in desk. You'll then walk round the room to security check- and on to the ship!

Enjoy! :)

Depends on the cruise line. Last September on Princess, we arrived Southampton at 11:00am. Dropped luggage with waiting terminal porter at curbside. Went straight to 2nd level of terminal for immediate check-in. Waited till around 11:30am for priority security check and boarding the ship.

You can also post on the British Isles/Western Europe Port of Call for more response.

Thank you for the information!

You’re welcome! Enjoy your cruise!

Just curious! Have you been on the cruise Land of the midnight Sun on Sapphire Princess? It goes along the coast of Norway. If so, what did you think of the trip. That is the trip my husband and I will be going on. Thanks,

We have done the Midnight sun cruise but not on princess

I would check the ports of call forum

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

or research the ports at visitnorway.com

for the North Cape we pre booked a taxi van got some others from our roll call we had 7 total the price with taxi & admission to the North Cape site was cheaper than the cruise line it was about 3 hrs r/t

The driver stopped at some place for photos

ask about the ship on the Princess forum

Just curious! Have you been on the cruise Land of the midnight Sun on Sapphire Princess? It goes along the coast of Norway. If so, what did you think of the trip. That is the trip my husband and I will be going on. Thanks,

Sorry, the Land of the Morning Sun is still in our plan for Aug 2018, after our Asia cruise on the Sapphire in Jan. For Northern Europe, we chose to do first the British Isles last Sept.

We sailed on a British isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess in August this year. We walked to the pier from our hotel. We made it to the terminal around 11 and checked in within 15 minutes. We sat down for around half an hour before they let passengers start boarding. At this terminal, the security screening came right before boarding, but it only took a few minutes. We were on the ship around noon.

It helped that we have preferred boarding priority. I heard a horror story from a woman who flew in to Heathrow the morning of our cruise--landing around 6 a.m., getting to the port around 10 a.m., and then not getting on the ship until after 1:30 p.m. She had a wait every time she turned around. She also missed getting a number when she arrived.

Jenny2121 -- please join the Roll Call for this cruise at this link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/sapphire-princess-june-23-2018/

Lots of your fellow passengers are already chatting abut this trip. Many of us are very experienced cruisers; many of us are also very experienced with Princess.

My last time boarding at Southampton was Sept. 2016; it was fast & easy.

Jenny

Don't know if you've seen my reply to your previous post about doing this trip.

• 8 months later...

Sailing on Sapphire August 18 - have transfers to ship from Heathrow but no transfers after cruise as we are staying a few days at Clib Quarters Hotel in Trafalgar- don’t know how to get from Southampton to the hotel....

Easy Answer - I did alot of study to get from Heathrow Airport to Southhampton 4 days before we set sail. I used English Rose Collection. They are excellent. They responded to my emails quickly. They were very detail as to where they will be at the airport. The driver was there when we got off the plane. He had water for us. He was professional. If you look at reviews on the web, you will find that the overall satisfaction is outstanding. I will use them again if I am in London again. They have a great web site. You pay up front with a credit card and will get a receipt. You will not be disappointed! Just tell them what you want and they will send you the information.

Sailing on Sapphire August 18 - have transfers to ship from Heathrow but no transfers after cruise as we are staying a few days at Clib Quarters Hotel in Trafalgar- don’t know how to get from Southampton to the hotel....

If you look in the ports section for British Isles, you'll find suggestions. We used Smiths for Airport to get from Heathrow to Southampton, but they go the other direction as well, they're based down there anyway. Great service!

Does anyone know the routine of boarding a ship from Southampton, England? How long does it take, etc.? How early are you allowed to get in line, etc.? Thanks,

Our driver dropped us off at the curb where you drop your luggage. Less then a 25 yard walk to checkin, we were onboard in less then 15 minutes from getting out of the car. This was on the Indy last Oct. and we arrived at 12:30. Boarding starts at 11:30 and they pay no attention to your check in time. We were in the Diamond line , that may have saved 5 minutes. We also used Blackberry Cars going from Kensington to the ship, it was $130.00 for 2 in a salon car. Other cruise ships would be similar