Suggestion on what to do in Vava u, Tonga??

It has been a few years since I went to Vava u (Last time was in 2008! :eek: on a cruise).

I am crusing back there latter in the year....

The last time I was there i did a ships tour, which was not very good :(, so I was wondering if anyone here has been here before?

If so what did you do in Vava u?? :confused:

It has been a few years since I went to Vava u (Last time was in 2008! :eek: on a cruise).

I am crusing back there latter in the year....

The last time I was there i did a ships tour, which was not very good :(, so I was wondering if anyone here has been here before?

If so what did you do in Vava u?? :confused:

I did a ship tour there in 2008 which was not very good......were you on the Pacific Dawn round trip to Tahiti?

The next time we went I booked a private tour, there were about 10 of us. We went on a little old wooden boat over to an island, then went into the caves by boat. I cant remember who we booked it through.

• 2 weeks later...

We just walked up the Main Street and got a taxi to the Tonga Beach Resort.

It was $10 each way and $7 at the resort for day guests. We had a nice swim and a snorkel and a beer or 2. The taxi driver came back as prearranged at lunchtime.

We then went back to town and had a great lobster meal at the Panda Chinese Restaurant.

We then did a bit of a bar crawl. We went to one owned by an Hawaiian and another owned by a Swiss. We then ended up at one that had a bit of a ladyboy type show which was quite entertaining. In Tonga if you have sons the 5th one is raised as a female to help mum out with all the work and is quite common.

All in all one of the best days we have had in Port anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I have sailed to Tonga many times on my own boat and taking charter yachts back and forth, Sadly there is not much to do in Neiafu(this is the port, Va-vau is the island group). You really need to charter a boat to get to the nearby islands, Some amazing places once away from the town. Whale watching in season,June - September from memory, can be memorable as the females bring their calves in amongst the islands. Enjoy.

Edited by Kerikeri15
spelling

• 3 weeks later...