QM 2 in Sydney 24 Feb 2018

How long is it since you were on her, David?

2011, we boarded in Sydney and it was the day of the Christchurch earthquake. We were supposed to berth at Lyttleton on the cruise but that was substituted by Wellington.

It was the last cruise before my stroke , so now I just cruise from my PC.:D

2011, we boarded in Sydney and it was the day of the Christchurch earthquake. We were supposed to berth at Lyttleton on the cruise but that was substituted by Wellington.

It was the last cruise before my stroke , so now I just cruise from my PC.:D

I saw her in Sydney when you boarded her. I recall going to see her at Garden Island. It doesn't seem seven years ago.

May you continue to have good health and many years pleasure cruising from your PC.

I boarded her EXACTLY one year ago today, would gladly do a longer cruise on her.

Was that when you went to Tassy?

Seems we have a few QM2 alumni on our thread. Do you have to cruise "upper class" to fully appreciate her, or is cruising on her special in any class? Being an ocean liner, she is one big classic ship I'd like to cruise on.

I boarded her EXACTLY one year ago today, would gladly do a longer cruise on her.

That’s the leg of the cruise where you met me. You have not been the same since.

I was on the Mel-HK segment, going the long way.

Looked longingly across the Bay when she was here last Sunday and Thursday.

Seems we have a few QM2 alumni on our thread. Do you have to cruise "upper class" to fully appreciate her, or is cruising on her special in any class? Being an ocean liner, she is one big classic ship I'd like to cruise on.

The ship is an amazing experience. As I recall, Gut, Uncle Les, and I all had sheltered balconies (deck 4-5-6). So Britannia Dining Room with set times.

Almost everything was open to all passengers - other than things like the Grills Dining Rooms and Lounge. Britannia Club had their own dining area with no fixed times.

Typically, you would not know who was in which category.

We only did 5 nights, down to Tassie and back, we had a basic verandah and did enjoy her. Now was she worth about $75 each per day more than Princess, I’m not so sure. But it was nice.

That’s the leg of the cruise where you met me. You have not been the same since.

I was on the Mel-HK segment, going the long way.

Looked longingly across the Bay when she was here last Sunday and Thursday.

And a pleasure it was, there were a few people I was meant to meet, but you were the only one I caught up with. just at the moment I think I’d be happy with any cruise.

The ship is an amazing experience. As I recall, Gut, Uncle Les, and I all had sheltered balconies (deck 4-5-6). So Britannia Dining Room with set times.

Almost everything was open to all passengers - other than things like the Grills Dining Rooms and Lounge. Britannia Club had their own dining area with no fixed times.

Typically, you would not know who was in which category.

Yep we were in a sheltered balcony on 4. They’d be great in rough conditions.

Unfortunately, the one time I really wanted it to play up, the Bass behaved.

11 months ago for me, Singapore to Dubai. An excellent itinerary and lots of buzz in that area of the world due to security. Helicopter visit from the RN as well. Armed guards on board and the water hoses hitched up and ready for action. The only downer from that trip was a very unpleasant person we were stuck with at dinner time. In hindsight we should have changed tables but the late sitting was very popular.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in the standard cabins and ate in the Britannia MDR rather than the 2 Grills (Princess or Queen) and it was a wonderful 16 nights of cruising. I wouldn't think you need to pay for the higher categories but I really don't know what they are like.:D

QM2 is a ship experience unlike any other. As has been said in other posts on here, we went Britannia Class - sheltered balcony on Deck 5 - midships. Even when we got into 6 metre seas near Vietnam, hardly any movement, built for ye olde Atlantic.

So much room on that ship, deck space huge. I just thought the food, service entertainment was no better than Princess. You can walk around the aft decks and peer in at the posh people in the 'Grills.' And in the Grills Lounge and on the Grills Sun Deck adorned in their Harrods Cossies, getting skin cancers, as the Brits do. Not sure if they appreciate the intrusion, lol.:o

I actually heard that the Grills pax wanted the deck area around the kennels gated off so as the steerage class pax could not take the said observations of the Princess/Queens Grill Sun Deck, aft. But it did not happen.

QM2 is a ship experience unlike any other. As has been said in other posts on here, we went Britannia Class - sheltered balcony on Deck 5 - midships. Even when we got into 6 metre seas near Vietnam, hardly any movement, built for ye olde Atlantic.

So much room on that ship, deck space huge. I just thought the food, service entertainment was no better than Princess. You can walk around the aft decks and peer in at the posh people in the 'Grills.' And in the Grills Lounge and on the Grills Sun Deck adorned in their Harrods Cossies, getting skin cancers, as the Brits do. Not sure if they appreciate the intrusion, lol.:o

I actually heard that the Grills pax wanted the deck area around the kennels gated off so as the steerage class pax could not take the said observations of the Princess/Queens Grill Sun Deck, aft. But it did not happen.

Poor grills folk:loudcry::evilsmile::hearteyes: