Best beach in Freeport

VitaminDLover

Hey all! We are heading to Freeport in April and I'm curious as to which beach you all feel like is the best. I've done some research and it seems like Taino Beach and Junkanoo Beach are the two I've read most about. We are just looking to have a lazy/relaxing day. We don't necessarily need access to facilities as we can come ready to swim, but restaurants and a restroom would be nice.

If you have pictures that would be even better! Thanks for any help you can offer!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a really nice day at Taino Beach once. It was mid winter so very quiet. At other times I think it is more active. This is not the same as Taino Beach Resort with a day pass. That is a different taxi stop. This is the same stop as Junkanoo Beach Club. Roast Conch is the first photo

25144402582_3cd42dae3b_b.jpgimage

The last photo is a park across the street. The public restrooms were fine. This beach is wider than the public part of the beach near Grand Lucaya. We did the daypass at Grand Lucaya once and really enjoyed it but I don't really have good pics.

Someday we will make it to Paradise Cove at Deadman's Reef. You may want to research that too.

Edited by mawvkysc

• 1 month later...
Any other suggestions out there or suggestions on transportation?

We rented a car and drove around to many of the remote beaches around the island, away from the tourists in the cruise port. Our favorite was Gold Rock Beach in the Lucayan National Park. A visit to the caves is worth going.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all! We are heading to Freeport in April and I'm curious as to which beach you all feel like is the best. I've done some research and it seems like Taino Beach and Junkanoo Beach are the two I've read most about. We are just looking to have a lazy/relaxing day. We don't necessarily need access to facilities as we can come ready to swim' date=' but restaurants and a restroom would be nice.

If you have pictures that would be even better! Thanks for any help you can offer![/quote']

My vote would be for Gold Rock Beach. Especially if you are there at low tide. A few of the Corona beer commercials were filmed there.

• 1 year later...

Hello - this is an old thread but...wondering the latest reviews of paradise cove versus paying for a resort for a day in Freeport. I'm not the best swimmer and wonder if it's difficult swimming out to the reef at paradise cove. Looking for advice on best place to do some easy snorkeling and relax on the beach with some drinks and food. Cruise is in June 2018. Thank you in advance!

I went to Paradise Cove last February and the day we went was windy so it was a little challenging to get out to the reef, but we saw turtles and sting rays closer to the shore without having to swim to the reef. They give you a flotation device to wear while you are snorkeling.

Hello - this is an old thread but...wondering the latest reviews of paradise cove versus paying for a resort for a day in Freeport. I'm not the best swimmer and wonder if it's difficult swimming out to the reef at paradise cove. Looking for advice on best place to do some easy snorkeling and relax on the beach with some drinks and food. Cruise is in June 2018. Thank you in advance!

I went in August with someone who cannot swim at all. She went out quite far and for a good bit of time with the waist float. She wasn’t afraid and would absolutely do it again. Additionally, a staff member was very helpful getting her snorkel gear comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Transportation wise what is the best way to get to Gold Rock beach? Public or rental car? Are there facilities there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am interested in this as well. We are going for the first time to Freeport and this sounds perfect but (1) how best to get there with 10 people in our party and (2) are there facilities or food/drink available?

I saw a review of this recently, and it looks a bit rustic where you get food and drinks, and that the snorkeling wasn't that great. So I am torn between this and a resort for a day, but that is pricier, plus we have done that 2 years in a row at the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau, which is nice but small beach area.

I was just at Gold Rock Beach last week, but it was with our kayaking excursion. It is more than 30 minute drive from port, so I would think there is something closer that would be cheaper. It is a beautiful beach though, not a lot of people and zero amenities like bathrooms and food, chair rentals, etc. If there were some of those, we never saw them.

I went to Paradise Cove last February and the day we went was windy so it was a little challenging to get out to the reef, but we saw turtles and sting rays closer to the shore without having to swim to the reef. They give you a flotation device to wear while you are snorkeling.

Did you take a taxi to Paradise Cove?