Fascination embarkation

blarko

Considering booking a cruise on Fascination out of PR. The prices are currently much lower for 7 day cruises than shorter cruises out of Florida. Since the ship doesn’t leave until 10 pm, what time does embarkation start? I’m thinking I could just fly in the day of the cruise since the departure is so late.

Considering booking a cruise on Fascination out of PR. The prices are currently much lower for 7 day cruises than shorter cruises out of Florida. Since the ship doesn’t leave until 10 pm, what time does embarkation start? I’m thinking I could just fly in the day of the cruise since the departure is so late.

Embarkation starts as early as 1:30, that is the earliest time I could pick for our cruise next month.

Check airfare before deciding. The flight to Florida may be considerably cheaper than one to Puerto Rico if you are picking a trip based solely on price. The Fascination itinerary is amazing though. I’m booked for April and I’m flying in the day of the cruise.

Air fare from Charlotte to San Juan is currently reasonable for such a long flight... under $500. Yes, with a 10 pm departure it is easy to fly in same day. We have done that before.

Ship gets in port early, around 7 am I think, so embarkation time would be like anywhere else. You can even leave the ship and come back before it leaves, if you want to explore San Juan.

There will be very many Puerto Ricans sailing and it will have a really Latin vibe. We love this cruise.

Air fare from Charlotte to San Juan is currently reasonable for such a long flight... under $500. Yes, with a 10 pm departure it is easy to fly in same day. We have done that before.

Ship gets in port early, around 7 am I think, so embarkation time would be like anywhere else. You can even leave the ship and come back before it leaves, if you want to explore San Juan.

There will be very many Puerto Ricans sailing and it will have a really Latin vibe. We love this cruise.

Yeah, we got airfare from Milwaukee to San Juan for only $343 on Southwest, much, much cheaper than it was going to cost us to fly from Milwaukee to NOLA last year.

Yeah, we got airfare from Milwaukee to San Juan for only $343 on Southwest, much, much cheaper than it was going to cost us to fly from Milwaukee to NOLA last year.

Another note... it seems free frequent flyer tickets TO San Juan are plentiful on American, but not coming back. I guess everyone wants to leave there ;p.

We were able to get everyone in our group of four a free airline ticket to San Juan but there was nothing free available coming back, so we are paying regular price for the return. Still a one way ticket back was $245 with taxes and all. Not too bad.

Do you have the option to come in a day or two early? Old San Juan is a destination in itself. We spent two nights there before doing the same cruise you're on, then spent another night after the cruise so we were never rushed regarding airport stuff.

Another note... it seems free frequent flyer tickets TO San Juan are plentiful on American, but not coming back. I guess everyone wants to leave there ;p.

We were able to get everyone in our group of four a free airline ticket to San Juan but there was nothing free available coming back, so we are paying regular price for the return. Still a one way ticket back was $245 with taxes and all. Not too bad.

Check for price drops! Our flight there dropped to $129 on Friday and the flight home dropped to $129 on saturday. I’ve currently got $300 in travel funds to use by August. Great excuse for another cruise!

Check for price drops! Our flight there dropped to $129 on Friday and the flight home dropped to $129 on saturday. I’ve currently got $300 in travel funds to use by August. Great excuse for another cruise!

Which airline is that?

Which airline is that?

I totally quoted the wrong post. Sorry! On Southwest you can rebook your flight for a lower price if you find one on their website after you book. The difference is given as a travel credit that must be used (actual flight taken, not just booked) within a year of the original booking date.

We are having the worst luck when trying to find airline tickets out of Houston. They have one flight that leaves June 2 which is 11 pm and arrive at 5 am for $494(what are we to do at that time of morning). If we leave out June 3, the day of the cruise, the price is $694 on United. Its even higher on Delta and AA. Southwest is priced at $453 pp but has a layover in Fort Lauderdale the day of the cruise and can't pick my seats(have two young kids). I tried flying into MIA or FLL and then to San Juan on June 3 but it keeps saying no flights found which makes no sense to me .

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

We are having the worst luck when trying to find airline tickets out of Houston. They have one flight that leaves June 2 which is 11 pm and arrive at 5 am for $494(what are we to do at that time of morning). If we leave out June 3, the day of the cruise, the price is $694 on United. Its even higher on Delta and AA. Southwest is priced at $453 pp but has a layover in Fort Lauderdale the day of the cruise and can't pick my seats(have two young kids). I tried flying into MIA or FLL and then to San Juan on June 3 but it keeps saying no flights found which makes no sense to me .

Book the Southwest flight.

Even though there is no assigned seating, you will be able to board as a family right after the "A" group and essentially have a vast selection, including rows to yourself. This will not be a problem.

Getting into San Juan at 3 p.m. The day of the cruise with a layover is not ideal but it should not be a problem and will save the most of course.

If you can fly in early on Saturday, there is a nice nonstop flight on Southwest that morning from Houston. Pretty sure you can find a reasonable hotel in San Juan in that $100 to $120 range using Priceline. Probably the least stressful approach.

Also keep in mind Southwest has free checked bags so you will save quite a bit on both legs of the trip.

I also vote for a Southwest. Each passenger gets 2 free checked bags which saves a ton of money. I just checked flights for June 3rd and I’m not showing anything near $453 per person. There’s a flight with a stop in Orlando for $254pp and you get to PR by 12:30pm. Checkin isn’t until 1:30pm and that leaves plenty of time before the ship leaves if for some reason there is a delay.

Was the $453pp the round trip price?

The flight leaves Houston at 7:05 and arrives in FLL then leaves around 12:30 arriving in San Juan around 3:30. I didn’t see anything for $254. What was the return back? Our departure is the tenth and SW leaves at 3:40 and US leaves at 4:50. I’ll check SW again. Thanks for checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The flight there leaves HOU at 5:45am on 6/8 with a layover at MCO and arrives at SJU at 12:30pm. Flight numbers are 2512 and 4404. It’s the second flight listed in my search. I’d post a picture but I’m not sure how. I did not check the flights home.

My cruise is in April and I booked my flights at the end of December because prices had been holding steady. This past weekend the prices dropped $300 for round trip. You could wait a little while to see if prices drop, but then you obviously also run the risk of the prices going up or the flights selling out. As stated previously in the thread, with Southwest you can get the price difference issued in travel funds which must be used within a year of the booking date.

The flight leaves Houston at 7:05 and arrives in FLL then leaves around 12:30 arriving in San Juan around 3:30. I didn’t see anything for $254. What was the return back? Our departure is the tenth and SW leaves at 3:40 and US leaves at 4:50. I’ll check SW again. Thanks for checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea the flight on the 10th is a good one at 3:40 p.m. Good price too. A little late if you were just trying to go from ship to airport but Maybe consider leaving your bags at one of those places that holds them for cruise passengers (with tip) and explore Old San Juan a bit with the kids before catching a cab by 1 p.m.

With the long day flying in on 6-3 you probably wont want to do much except get to Puerto Rico, get to the ship, check in, eat and relax so this gives you time to see some of San Juan.

Price I saw was $459 PP roundtrip and no bag fees. Sounds like a winner.

The flight there leaves HOU at 5:45am on 6/8 with a layover at MCO and arrives at SJU at 12:30pm. Flight numbers are 2512 and 4404. It’s the second flight listed in my search. I’d post a picture but I’m not sure how. I did not check the flights home.

My cruise is in April and I booked my flights at the end of December because prices had been holding steady. This past weekend the prices dropped $300 for round trip. You could wait a little while to see if prices drop, but then you obviously also run the risk of the prices going up or the flights selling out. As stated previously in the thread, with Southwest you can get the price difference issued in travel funds which must be used within a year of the booking date.

No $254 flight for 3 people. Only available when booking for 1 person.

No $254 flight for 3 people. Only available when booking for 1 person.

Fail on my part. Didn’t even realize I hadn’t changed the number of passengers. That brings the flight up to $289pp one way. I’d almost keep an eye on prices to see if they fluctuate. If I’d waited I’d have $300 in the bank instead of travel funds right now. Waiting comes with its own risks of course.

Fail on my part. Didn’t even realize I hadn’t changed the number of passengers. That brings the flight up to $289pp one way. I’d almost keep an eye on prices to see if they fluctuate. If I’d waited I’d have $300 in the bank instead of travel funds right now. Waiting comes with its own risks of course.

I booked my Southwest flights 10 months early out of FLL . . . Pre Irma/Maria.

My going in flight dropped $6 but my coming back flight went up $14 lol