Has Anyone sailed the Eurodam with 2 CPAP’s

liketraveling

I normally sail with my Elderly father. I am looking at a cruise on the Eurodam. My sister would like to tag along this time. We both use CPAPs.

I was on the Eurodam in 2011 but can’t remember location of the outlets.

I have sailed the Maasdam and the Ooesterdam with my CPAP and requested Extention cords. On the Maasdam I got and Extention cord that looked like a surge protector

But it had several outlets on it, so two CPAP’s would not be a problem. But on the Ooesterdam they brought me a single orange Extention cord and we only had the on outlet on the desk.

Just wondering if 2 CPAPs are able to run in the same cabin on the Eurodam?

Thanks

To answer your question...absolutely YES!!

My partner and I both use CPAP. We have started carrying our own extension cord right in our CPAP carry bag so we don’t need to rely on getting one from the ship (after a nightmare trying to get one once on Carnival). In a regular balcony stateroom, we usually run our CPAP cords under the bed and onto the extension cord...then we plug in the extension cord at the desk at night. In the morning we unplug and the cord is out of sight under the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bring my own indoor extension cord with a triple female end in my CPAP carrying case. I know what I'll be using this way (quality etc.) and it comes in handy during the day to plug in iPad, digital camera etc. for charging.

dh

I bring my own indoor extension cord with a triple female end in my CPAP carrying case. I know what I'll be using this way (quality etc.) and it comes in handy during the day to plug in iPad, digital camera etc. for charging.

dh

Good idea, but the Eurodam has USB ports galore - by the end tables and several by the desk

Good idea, but the Eurodam has USB ports galore - by the end tables and several by the desk

USB ports no doubt provided by lowest bid ;). I prefer using Apple brand charging cube just to be safe. Air iPads aren't cheap and you use their USB charging at your own risk.

Plus the extension cord gives much more range of motion if plugged in but I'm using it. Plugged into the provided USB ports is like a short chain to that port location. You can't lay around the bed as you chose.

dh

I understand about wanting to use Apple branded products - I work in IT for a cable TV station and we have a lot of Apple products we support. However, there is no inherent risk in charging via a USB port other than it is slower than using a charging block - we had no issues with charging our iPad Air, iPad Mini 4 or our 8+’s with them. Power surges via a USB port, while possible, is rare. Since they have ports by the desk as well as the nightstands, the only area where being “chained” was an issue was out on the Verandah.

JMHO and YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It may be different aboard ship but most electrical codes require a 3 prong grounded extension cord and usually power cords, if there is any exposed metal on the appliance, in commercial settings. every time we have gotten a cord from the ship it has been a 3 conductor cord. It is a safety and fire issue.