Bringing cogarettes onboard?

doemichael

If we buy cigarettes in Barcelona before boarding the ship is there a limit on how many we can bring onbard?

We want to buy them in a shop on Rambles as cheaper than in airport duty free on way home. Has anyone done this and had any problem when boarding ship with maybe 4 or 5 cartons ( 200's ) of cigarettes?

thanks.

p.s. I think I did ask this before months ago but cannot find the post now lol

Does Ireland charge any duty on them or impose a limit?

thanks

No we as it will be eu country to eu country limit is 3200 cigarettes as long as for " personal use" .

We do not smoke but my ds21 and dd19 do so they want to buy some to bring home with them. We will jsut wait until duty free in airport on way home to buy alcohol lol

Perhaps you can talk them into buying some life insurance with the savings?

and perhaps you should learn some manners, I asked for information about bringing cigarettes onboard, not an OPINION on what they should do with the savings.

I'm still trying to work out what cogarettes are :o

I am sorry I guess I broke the golden rule of hitting the wrong key on keyboard. I did realise but by time I went back could not edit it. Must remember next time ( if there is a next time ) to check and double check before I post in case I get told off.

The last 5 posts collectively made me spit my cigarette out from laughter. Of course now there's a hole in my mattress...

Well I am so glad my thread asking a simple question has caused so must amusement. I have not posted much since joining for the simple reason I have seen this happen on other threads.

People like me who are maybe on first RCL cruise come on here looking for information. When you read through other threads sometimes I get the feeling I should not be here, is this only really a forum for " long time cruisers"

I see threads and say to myself " not again " like when almost every day someone posts asking " can I bring alcohol onboard" or " how do I smuggle alcohol onboard" I would like to post and answer but I do not as it would not be helpful so I do not bother.

If you cannot be helpful is a poster asks something why bother answering at all ?

I would add this is not directed at all posters, just the ones who seem to think making fun of people and being rude is ok. There are a lot of very helpful posters on here, just a pity not all are.

Dont let the rude ones worry you mate, I know where you are coming from, it is getting worse on here for people making smart a** comments on peoples threads and posts. I was going to to a detailed long review on my cruise but decided not to because of certain people who pick holes in certain issues and then not make any comments on the rest of the review. I am sure they are just scanning posts looking for people to pick on. Its about time the Mods did something about this!!! Lately, all I see is people afraid to post and god forbid if you make a grammer or spelling mistake. I did a short review and a comment was made on my grammer but not on the review, these people need to get some manners!! :mad:

Dont let the rude ones worry you mate, I know where you are coming from, it is getting worse on here for people making smart a** comments on peoples threads and posts. I was going to to a detailed long review on my cruise but decided not to because of certain people who pick holes in certain issues and then not make any comments on the rest of the review. I am sure they are just scanning posts looking for people to pick on. Its about time the Mods did something about this!!! Lately, all I see is people afraid to post and god forbid if you make a grammer or spelling mistake. I did a short review and a comment was made on my grammer but not on the review, these people need to get some manners!! :mad:

thanks

You have the option of buying your cigarettes onboard; they are way cheaper than buying here in the states for us. I believe the ships still operate with USD while abroad and with the exchange rate USD vs. Euro that would save you a few dollars as well and they do have a fairly good selection. Back in April on the Independence I think it was 2 cartons for $36.00 (USD) back here in the states it would cost me $140.00+ (USD) for the same 2 cartons:(

Don’t let the SMART A** ANSWERS get to you, not everyone here on the boards are rude! The majority of CC people have a lot of helpful information :)

We've also become a nation of rude people - e.g. Kanye West and Serena Williams latest outbursts.

I think we are both right in some ways, as displayed on this thread. I think the comment about the typo is something to laugh off. But I think the comment about their choice to smoke was rude. While I may not personally think its a good idea to smoke, I would never comment on someone else's choice and degrade it.

Maggie

I'm still trying to work out what cogarettes are :o

Is it the new cocaine / small cigars.

I noticed on Carni, they sell Cigs, and Liquor on board. Is it cheaper than America's prices? I don't smoke, but my girl friend does. I found out how much they cost and flipped out. I quit 12 years ago. :eek:

Archived