My wife is really starting to scare me.........

frito58

Ok this will be cruise 13 and due to some health problems , I had to go on disabilty, so I do get a lot of time to play on the computer and plan our vacations. She is the GM of a Salvage yard that picks up wrecked cars for insurance companys and she works quite a few hours. She doesn't get involved in our planning like she used to , well really not all. She is actullay one of those people , if you ask her oh your going on a cruise , What ship ? Where are you going ? She would have a blank look because last night I was planning some excursions and and was saying well I think I will book the Passion Island Catamaran through Carnival , what do you think , she was like , Are we going to Cozumel ??:eek::eek: I didn't know that we were on this cruise. Oh Goody.

Oh well after 30 years of marriage she does remember the important things. LOL

I am the planner in my family. I often wonder what it would be like to be on the other side of that equation. I am not complaining, just wondering what it would be like to have all the benefits of planning and all the excitement of the surprise that comes with not planning. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

This gave me a chuckle as my husband is the one who pushes for vacations - be it AL or a cruise - he wants to do something or go somewhere and damn it we will. But I am the one who does the booking and then just tell where and when and how much credit card it going to be charged. Ex. In January I was out running around doing errands - stopped at TA and said what do you have at this place, during this time, at this price - I left 15 minutes later booked and paid for and to leave in 16 days and he is totally cool with that. Oh, the life of a newly retiree.

Don't get me wrong It really doesnt bother me , It just make me laugh . The week before we fly out she will say , What time are our Flights??? Where are we staying? Of course its gets better her cousin and husband travel with us and I also do all the planning for them as well , they will just call and say when do we need vacations.:D

Don't get me wrong It really doesnt bother me , It just make me laugh . The week before we fly out she will say , What time are our Flights??? Where are we staying? Of course its gets better her cousin and husband travel with us and I also do all the planning for them as well , they will just call and say when do we need vacations.:D

I think I love you - can you adopt me please

MY DW is just the planner extrodinaire , and that is more than fine with me . She loves doing it, she wants to do it and she is damn good at it. So why fix what is not broken. :)

I just go to work and make the money (although she does too) and I come home to a beautiful home, and food in the house, and we go on vacations and get there and back in one piece with everything we need to bring.

I am happy , she is happy, the kids are happy , the dogs are happy. *LOL*

Who could ask for anything more ?

Sounds like my DH. I do all the planning, even if I ask for his opinion, he tells me do whatever I want, cause my choice will prevail anyhow....lol. It is kind of nice, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind planning together and getting excited together.

DH thinks I am crazy cause I obsess with vacation planning, he is the type that does not get excited till he is on vacation.

Hey frito maybe Jane can't remember eveything cause she has had to live with you for 30 years!!!!!!! LOL.

Ya know I'm just kidding with ya man.

Hope you guys are doing good.

It's been a long time since we did the Radiance cruise, we need to do a beach trip or plan another cruise again soon.

I always think my husband is like that.... I often wonder if he even knows where were are going (though he does know what ship we are on usually). But then he will suddenly bust out with some tidbit of info he could only have picked up by doing some research... it's usually a pretty shocking moment.

Yeah, I do the planning, make the reservations, pay for the cruises and flights and DH comes along for the ride. I give him something small to plan like the hotel the night before or after the cruise so he knows where we are going and what ship.

I'm taking my mom on a cruise in 3 weeks...it was her Christmas present. She's been the same way. No idea what ship we'll be on or where we're going and what we're doing. I mention things to her, but she just doesn't seem interested in discussing anything related to the cruise. I tried to get what MDR seating she'd prefer out of her and by the time I got a '6:00, I guess' it was too late as early seating was all booked. We got YTD and she'll just have to like it.:rolleyes:

And my DH...when we cruise. He won't show any interest in anything related to the ship or cruise itself...he's only ever interested in the ports and what to do there. He'll know what ship we're on and the itin and he'll have an opinion on MDR seating, but he won't research any ship stuff or have any interest when I bla...bla...bla about everything I find out (and I will go on about everything...he's not going on my cruise in April, though I've told him everything about it...a dozen times and yet he will ask "what ship are you going on...how long is the cruise...when do you leave"....nice).

Hey frito maybe Jane can't remember eveything cause she has had to live with you for 30 years!!!!!!! LOL.

Ya know I'm just kidding with ya man.

Hope you guys are doing good.

It's been a long time since we did the Radiance cruise, we need to do a beach trip or plan another cruise again soon.

Hey Tiki , what is up. What would be more Fun is if I planned a cruise for you guys and didnt tell her. We are heading to our Beach In Treasure Island and the at least 2 of the sisters will be there in late April , we will stop by Sloppy Joes and have a beer or or three for you ,Take care my friend . :)

I am totally the planner in our family. We knew we really enjoyed our first cruise and we looked at another together. I have done all the planning for it, I do love doing it all! I won't pack for him, he can do one thing for our trip! ;)

Archived