Review of Norwegian Jewel - 5 nights to Tasmania

$15 is a good price because Ready2go charges about $22 pp

if i'm going to or from the airport and i have time on my hands i catch the 400 bus to or from Mascot station and then get the train and using your Opal card it only costs $2.50 for a concession but doing it that way it can add 30 minutes onto your journey as long as you dont have lots of luggage

Does the bus have a special section for luggage?

I used to catch the bus from the airport to Bondi Junction then train to Kings Cross.

Does the bus have a special section for luggage?

I used to catch the bus from the airport to Bondi Junction then train to Kings Cross.

not sure about a section for the luggage, i normally travel light so i have the bag beside me and i'm only going one stop to or from the airport

An Aussie guy named Dave ? - he has been with NCL for some years! Obviously happy to be here close to home! Did a reasonably good job in my opinion!

Which reminds me - there were a few large bottles of Vegemite in the Buffet - hopefully they will be providing the small 1-serve sachets soon - far more convenient! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And the Vegemite single serve sachets of Vegemite would be more hygienic than everyone digging their utensils into ye olde big Vegemite jars. :evilsmile: Noro loves Vegemite, must be the yeast.:eek:

So it is $13 or so pp added to your onboard a/c ? Is it adjustable?

Yeah $13.95 off the top of my head, I’m not sure if it’s adjustable on board or like in the US where you have to apply after the cruise and await a refund. When we had ours booked it was a perk.

I was on the cruise to Tasmania and have also done other cruises without any problems. However, it appears from some who post opinions here that, if you speak up about cold food, entire groups of people constantly having to send back food, object to rude or none existent service or get charged for things you have not bought then you are given the lable of "a whinger". But then some folks are silly enough to put up with anything as long as they can post endless, boring pictures.

I didn’t see or smell any dirty carpets - overall I’d give this ship an 8 out of 10:

1) Production Shows = 10

2) Live music / bands = 8

3) Specialty Restaurants = 8

4) Main Dining Room = 8

5) Buffet = 7.5

6) Cabin = 8

7) Steward = 8

8) Service = 7.5

9) Appearance / Decor = 8

10) Officers involvement = 7

Just my opinion - I heard others whinging but I go cruising to relax, be entertained & meet others so am perhaps more easily pleased than some! [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

crap. I must be a whinger because I refuse to accept rude or none existent service and cold food and charges for things I did not buy. Yep, that's me, a whinger. But then I don't own a camera and bore people with picture after picture. Enjoy your next Norwegian Cruise but don't look for me. That should make your day 😀

crap. I must be a whinger because I refuse to accept rude or none existent service and cold food and charges for things I did not buy. Yep, that's me, a whinger. But then I don't own a camera and bore people with picture after picture. Enjoy your next Norwegian Cruise but don't look for me. That should make your day 😀

Wow, just because someone has a different opinion to you.

Just wow.

Thanks for your extensive review Gae. I’m hoping to cruise on NCL if a cruise comes along at the right price and destination

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry about the "boring pictures" [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the Jewel last Friday and I couldn't agree more.

I was on the cruise to Tasmania and have also done other cruises without any problems. However, it appears from some who post opinions here that, if you speak up about cold food, entire groups of people constantly having to send back food, object to rude or none existent service or get charged for things you have not bought then you are given the lable of "a whinger". But then some folks are silly enough to put up with anything as long as they can post endless, boring pictures.
Sorry to hear you had bad service, I hope you told the people at guest services so they can remedy the situation in the future.

Yes just over $13, and it is added to the account. It can be adjusted / withdrawn by submitting an email to NCL and stating why you want it adjusted/withdrawn.

Bit of a hassle. Pity you just cannot front the Pursers Office like on Princess and P&O UK and do the business.:o

I cannot see where Gae mentioned you, it seems you have taken a general comment rather specifically. Like I have mentioned, if things do not go well, tell guest services or the staff in question so they can remedy the problem. Some people just complain about things to other passengers and then nothing will happen. I would hope that service would then be better next time.

Bit of a hassle. Pity you just cannot front the Pursers Office like on Princess and P&O UK and do the business.:o

I think the difference is that on NCL it is a service charge not a tip. I personally admire this but do wish it was included in the fare straight away. perhaps they will next season like the other lines have done.

Don't fret Gae, I liked them, so did most on here, mainly because the ship is a new arrival to these shores and we like to see inside them.:halo: You keep posting m'girl.:hearteyes:

I really appreciated your positive review and pictures, Gae as Norwegian Jewel is new to Australia.

Passengers who have had a different experience can put their reviews under Reviews for everyone to read.

Thanks for the review - glad you enjoyed it and gave it high marks. I liked your 'boring pictures' - probably not enough of them actually :D To most aussies, it's a new ship so it's good to see the real pics and not the touched up ones in the brochures. I still keep looking at their future cruises in the hope they drop their prices...

I do wonder why people are so surprised when someone has a totally different experience to themselves. I have sat at a table with 3 others and had the same meal and all 4 of us will have something different as the highlight of the meal.

Yep.

On our Circumnavigation of Australia cruise people were complaining left right and centre, we lived it.

Even our recent two nighter on Solstice, some hated it, others (including us) loved it.

But to be fair we are pretty easily pleased (especially Mrs Gut, she has low expectations it seems) and generally go in eyes open.

As for food, oh my goodness so often we hear people rave about something and we are... blaaaah.