CPAP machine--electrical ok docked overnight?

sfolove

Not sure where to ask this....we are going on Avalon passion, Budapest to Amsterdam with a CPap machine. It switches 110/220, so no issues there (we have a plug adaptor). I asked Avalon and they sent a standard statement that we are responsible for power failure back-up. We have a battery, but it weighs a ton, and I'm not sure about airline acceptance these days.

My question: Can I leave the heavy battery at home? Did you find power stayed overnight with the many different towns? The Passion is one of the newest boats. Thanks for the help.

Actually the power is produced by the ship´s generator. In case that has a failure you really have a problem as the ship looses steerage too.

You will usually cruise during the night and stay in town during the day.

Some cities do have a land based power hook up for cruise ships (like Amsterdam). But most of the places don´t have this. So even when you´re docked the power onboard is provided by the ship´s generator.

Leave your battery at home!

steamboats

For about $140 you can buy a portable power bank that includes an outlet for a plug. Search Amazon and compare weight to your normal battery. Will be carrying one aboard the Luminary in Holland this April!:cool:

Not sure where to ask this....we are going on Avalon passion, Budapest to Amsterdam with a CPap machine. It switches 110/220, so no issues there (we have a plug adaptor). I asked Avalon and they sent a standard statement that we are responsible for power failure back-up. We have a battery, but it weighs a ton, and I'm not sure about airline acceptance these days.

My question: Can I leave the heavy battery at home? Did you find power stayed overnight with the many different towns? The Passion is one of the newest boats. Thanks for the help.

Our TA just e-mailed me about taking a CPAC on our Avalon tour (we don't have one, I think she got things a bit mixed up because I was mentioning outlets), and one of the things that Avalon sent her was a notice that if you require distilled water, you are responsiblefor purchasing it on their own.

As we don't have a machine, I don't know if all machines require distilled water...but if you do, you may want to confirm this.