Phu My cruiseport and excursions

Floridiana

We will dock in Phu My in November 2018 on the MS Amsterdam. No plans to go to Saigon, been there before on a land trip.

I am looking at two different options for a local area tour.

Option 1) Ships tour to Ba Ria

Option 2) Smiles Tours Service Vung Tau via Ba Ria (market visit)

Do you happen to know whether Smiles Tours Service has permission to drive up to the ship's pier? Did you do the tour with them? Do they require payment in advance? I yes, do they give a refund if the ship can't dock or we are unable to take the tour?

I have not yet e-mailed them, but hope that somebody has already travelled with them and can provide this information.

We will dock in Phu My in November 2018 on the MS Amsterdam. No plans to go to Saigon, been there before on a land trip.

I am looking at two different options for a local area tour.

Option 1) Ships tour to Ba Ria

Option 2) Smiles Tours Service Vung Tau via Ba Ria (market visit)

Do you happen to know whether Smiles Tours Service has permission to drive up to the ship's pier? Did you do the tour with them? Do they require payment in advance? I yes, do they give a refund if the ship can't dock or we are unable to take the tour?

I have not yet e-mailed them, but hope that somebody has already travelled with them and can provide this information.

We have never had to prepay for a private tour into Saigon....you really shouldn't either regardless of who you're using and where you're going.

Also those that come into the port will usually have to pay an additional fee to do so and will certainly pass it on to you.

There's no reason for them to enter the port it's a quick easy flat walk to get to the port gate (you can see it from your ship). When we returned there were golf cart's that were giving rides back to the ship...since they were there we just hopped on but it was more of a convenience not a necessity.

Thank you so much. I was under the impression that the ship would dock very far from the port gate. In the meantime, we booked the ship's tour. Makes our life easier.

You're so very welcome...hope my info helped you a bit.

Please consider easier isn't always better especially when it comes to cruiseline booked excursions.

Have you checked with your rollcall to see if and what other's are doing with private tour options you might consider joining in on with them. This option won't only be less expensive, but also a better tour and will certainly be just as easy for you...give it a look see.

Best of luck to you.