Adventure Kids / Royal Tots Question

We have been on a couple of cruises in the past, but haven't traveled with our kids yet. We have a 5 year old daughter, and our son will be 2 years & 11 months at sailing, and he is 100% potty trained now - 5 months out from sailing. Which brings me to my question...

Is there ANY chance that he would be allowed to join his sister in the adventure kids program being 1 month away from his 3rd birthday & fully potty trained? Is that totally unheard of?

Thanks!

Not a chance. We had the exact same issue. And tbh, it was very inconvenient. The nursery is very different than the Adventurers club and it’s not free. Postpone a month and your vacation will be 1000% better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter turned 3 on the third day of our cruise (also fully potty trained) and they would not let her move to AO. They said it is her age on the first day of the cruise.

From what I hear, they are a little less strict on the age brackets for AO if you have siblings or friends that are close in age.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all the response! We sail in 2 weeks! His sister is 5, so we're hoping that having a sibling in the program will work in his favor. But regardless, this trip is a family trip, so if we spend every waking hour with them... well that's what we signed up for! This trip is on their spring break, so no way to reschedule for another day. But it won't be the last trip, so we'll see how it goes!

I'm sorry to say that he will not be allowed to be in Adventure Ocean as he will NOT be three years old on the first day of the cruise. RCCL's liability insurance will not allow your son in - if they violate that age limit, their liability insurance could be voided and they do not want that to happen.

Thanks for all the response! We sail in 2 weeks! His sister is 5, so we're hoping that having a sibling in the program will work in his favor. But regardless, this trip is a family trip, so if we spend every waking hour with them... well that's what we signed up for! This trip is on their spring break, so no way to reschedule for another day. But it won't be the last trip, so we'll see how it goes!

Every single response has been the same - he absolutely cannot be in AO regardless of how many siblings he has in there. Insurance will not permit it.