Disembarkation at BOSTON Cruise Terminal - Killing time with luggage in han

Epicureangirl

Not sure why my title was truncated, but I will have luggage in HAND, as I don't have a Han. :')

I haven't booked my return flight from my May trip to Boston yet. I see the airport is only 8-20 minutes away from the cruise terminal, so getting there by taxi should be easy.

However, if I decide to take an evening flight to give myself time to explore Boston a bit, could you suggest how to deal with my luggage? I'm assuming there is no way to send my luggage ahead to the airport, while I stay behind sightseeing, is there? Somewhere to store it perhaps?

I have been to Boston before, so do not have my heart set on spending the afternoon -- but if it is easy to sightsee, have a bit of lunch and then head to the airport, that would be great! It Iooks like there is a bus I can take right from the port, unless that is not-recommended. I walked everywhere my last trip and don't recall using the buses.

Any advice is greatly appreciated... including telling me to go straight to the airport, and it being easier than any alternatives. ;)

Edited by Epicureangirl
title was truncated

I believe luggage direct is an option depending on your airline. I have included the link. You would need to use the service directly with them as HAL doesn’t offer this service for stateroom to airport.

https://www.maketraveleasier.com/holland/locations

Or take a tour that will allow baggage and final stop being the airport

When you disembark you will be facing a large white industrial building. Walk around the building and there are several coffee shops. Not sure if they are open on the weekend, though. Or you can walk from the port to the Harpoon Brewery https://www.harpoonbrewery.com/breweries/boston or you take take the shuttle to the water taxi (see http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/luggage-storage for details and leave your luggage at Rowe's Wharf, be a tourist for a few hours, and then take the water taxi to Logan. If you want to DYI to Rowe's Wharf you can take the SilverLIne (a bus) to South Station and walk up Atlantic Avenue via the Rose Kennedy Greenway to Rowe's Wharf. The hotel has a grand domed entry way (you cannot miss it) to the harbor. There you can arrange to leave your luggage with the water taxi office as long as you buy a ticket to take the water taxi to the airport.

A taxi from the ship to the airport will take 15 to 20 minutes on the weekend (longer during the week) Although you can see the airport from the port the taxi needs to go into the city, around the waterfront, and then back out to the airport.

Have fun! Boston is a great city.

We used rosewharf and it was perfect for us. Took a cab there from the cruise ship dock, checked our luggage and had the whole day to explore Boston. The water taxi ramps were a little steep to navigate with luggage, but doable for 70 year olds. Enjoy!

We also ended a cruise in Boston with time to spare and luggage in hand. We rented a car for the day with our luggage in the trunk as we were interested in the outer areas of Boston. Driving back to the airport through the downtown tunnels isn't for everyone but we managed.

igraf

Not sure why my title was truncated, but I will have luggage in HAND, as I don't have a Han. :')

I haven't booked my return flight from my May trip to Boston yet. I see the airport is only 8-20 minutes away from the cruise terminal, so getting there by taxi should be easy.

However, if I decide to take an evening flight to give myself time to explore Boston a bit, could you suggest how to deal with my luggage? I'm assuming there is no way to send my luggage ahead to the airport, while I stay behind sightseeing, is there? Somewhere to store it perhaps?

I have been to Boston before, so do not have my heart set on spending the afternoon -- but if it is easy to sightsee, have a bit of lunch and then head to the airport, that would be great! It Iooks like there is a bus I can take right from the port, unless that is not-recommended. I walked everywhere my last trip and don't recall using the buses.

Any advice is greatly appreciated... including telling me to go straight to the airport, and it being easier than any alternatives. ;)

Not sure if this is applicable for your cruise but you can usually book an excursion with HAL including an airport drop off. This is usually a short bus tour of the city.This is usually for flights after a certain time probably 17:00 because of compulsory check in times.

Rosalyn

Another vote for Rowe's Wharf Water Taxi. For $25 per person, they pick you and your luggage up at the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in Boston, take you on a quick water taxi ride to their office, store your luggage for the day and then when you return to their office at the end of your sightseeing day, they take you by water taxi to the airport. We used them a few years ago and everything worked like a charm.

See their $25 "Hot Deal" on their website: http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/