Pacific Sun - Melbourne Cup Cruise

NSWP

My sister in law was on Pacific Sun last week, Sydney to Melbourne and back - Melbourne Cup Cruise. Rocky seas all the way, 70 people attended sick bay for treatment for sea sickness. Also Capt Froude put off a few 'louts' in Melbourne rather than take them back. Good on you Andrew. (Capt Froude is on Pac Sun until Feb then takes over as Master of Pacific Dawn.) It was my sister in law's first cruise, now she is a cruise junkie like the rest of us. She was happy with Pac Sun, good food etc, just rough weather going down to Melbourne, she also told me the ship was full with 1900 pax on board, does it carry that many?

Cheers..Les:cool:

Yes, I think it has a reputation like the two/three nighters used to have, not saying everyone on there is like that:) but it is a theme cruise and you really wouldnt book it unless you liked a bet and a gamble:p and a drink.

and also, it is quite expensive for a 6 nighter, so most book 4 berths to lessen the cost. I have wanted to do it for years, but then compare it to 7-10 days in the South Pacific,;) know where I would rather be!!

Chez

xx

Archived