Where is the Jewel September to November 2018?

mugtech

Where is the Jewel September to November 2018? The schedule is now available for the Jewel on 11/12/18 sailing from Singapore to Australia and then the Australia and New Zealand schedule into March of 2019. What I am waiting for are the two months from Alaska to Singapore. Anyone hear any rumors? We return to the Philippines every fall, would love to cruise from Seattle or Vancouver to Hawaii and then Hong Kong. Much prefer the 100 minutes flight from Hong Kong to Manila as opposed to the 13 hour 10 minute flight from Vancouver. Not in a hurry, would love to sail into and/or out of Hong Kong. Honolulu would be great also.

Where is the Jewel September to November 2018? The schedule is now available for the Jewel on 11/12/18 sailing from Singapore to Australia and then the Australia and New Zealand schedule into March of 2019. What I am waiting for are the two months from Alaska to Singapore. Anyone hear any rumors? We return to the Philippines every fall, would love to cruise from Seattle or Vancouver to Hawaii and then Hong Kong. Much prefer the 100 minutes flight from Hong Kong to Manila as opposed to the 13 hour 10 minute flight from Vancouver. Not in a hurry, would love to sail into and/or out of Hong Kong. Honolulu would be great also.

She is scheduled for dry dock in late 2018 in Singapore.

She is scheduled for dry dock in late 2018 in Singapore.

Good to know. Gotta wonder how and when she is getting to Singapore. Evidently the dry dock will be completed by 11/12/18, would love to sail her from Alaska to Singapore.

Good to know. Gotta wonder how and when she is getting to Singapore. Evidently the dry dock will be completed by 11/12/18, would love to sail her from Alaska to Singapore.

That would be a very long fun cruise. I have not seen a schedule for past the 2018 Alaskan season yet.

She leaves Alaska earlier than usual and looks to have about 5 or 6 weeks, give or take, if you assume a 2+ week, Edge style dry dock. Probably that means Hawaii then Korea/Japan on to Singapore.

I have been waiting for the Christmas cruise down under. Unfortunately, though it looks amazing, 16 days may be more than I can swing. I was hoping it would leave closer to 12/23.

I am in hopes for something similar to this year. She left Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on the 3rd of October going through Hawaii then on to Sydney, Australia arriving on the 12th of November.

They had the King Neptune Crossing the Equator Ceremony yesterday.

I am in hopes for something similar to this year. She left Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on the 3rd of October going through Hawaii then on to Sydney, Australia arriving on the 12th of November.

They had the King Neptune Crossing the Equator Ceremony yesterday.

Yes, perhaps it will leave Vancouver on 9/17/18 and take 4 weeks or more to reach Singapore by about 10/17 to get ready for dry dock. So Jewel would leave 2 weeks earlier in 2018 to allow for drydock time, could be very similar to 2017 itineraries.

Yes, perhaps it will leave Vancouver on 9/17/18 and take 4 weeks or more to reach Singapore by about 10/17 to get ready for dry dock. So Jewel would leave 2 weeks earlier in 2018 to allow for drydock time, could be very similar to 2017 itineraries.

Yeah, that's probably a really good guess. Just follow the same footsteps as this year but leave Alaska two weeks earlier to accommodate the dry dock. Maybe they will do something different and more unusual -- they are doing a transpac in the Spring (northern hemisphere Spring) that stops at Petropavlovsk, and maybe they will sell that really well and do something similar going back over. But my guess is that you're exactly right that it will look a good deal like it looked this year just a bit earlier.

It's interesting how committed they are to the Edge refurbishment. Del Rio talks about it extensively in each earnings call and believes that it is driving considerable onboard spend and revenue, but this really tends to drive the point home. Alaska cruises are high revenue cruises. Giving up 2 weeks of Alaska, even in the end of the season, is a very expensive proposition. Maybe with all the added capacity of Bliss, it makes sense, but I would have thought they would try to do dry docks during lower yield Caribbean seasons or something.

Actually, now I'm talking myself out of it. The 2017 transpac goes by way of the southpacific from Hawaii and then over to Australia. I just don't think there's enough time to do it that way and make it to Singapore for a dry dock of any length. I think it's going to be Vancouver to Tokyo, and then maybe a few sprints in China until it heads over to Singapore. How it goes from Vancouver to Tokyo -- whether via Hawaii or via the Bering Sea -- who knows? Actually, who knows about any of it! I have no idea. It's just kind of fun to guess.

We're not long back from our first cruise, on the Jewel, and it's a little sad to think she'd be different if we went again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

It will be better. We enjoyed our first two cruises on the Gem, but the next two cruises after the drydock were even better. The Gem still had the same feel as before, but in just looked better in some places. They did not change the crew or the atmosphere in drydock. If you take the Jewel again it will have the same feel, some spots will just be more relaxing.

It will be better. We enjoyed our first two cruises on the Gem, but the next two cruises after the drydock were even better. The Gem still had the same feel as before, but in just looked better in some places. They did not change the crew or the atmosphere in drydock. If you take the Jewel again it will have the same feel, some spots will just be more relaxing.
[emoji7] bd5c9189783f91fd3943a6befcf253f9.jpg139c668fca97fc134e965726dcb65e8e.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Now the Jewel is showing a 7day RT Singapore 11/5 to 11/12/18, probably the first cruise after the dry dock? The $699 inside price is a few dollars more than we are paying for a 10 day on Princess in February RT same ports plus Bali. Hope to see more available Jewel cruises soon.

The Jewel currently has a bookable sailing from Vancouver Canada September, 2018. Its 19 nights. If you go to the big box C website it's available but no details. If you call NCL they have ports. It's something like Alaska, Russia, Japan. Pricing not bad but I assume it's the last sailing prior to a dry dock. Afterwards it looks like the Jewel is bookable again in November, 2018.

Actually, the itinerary is now up on C... site. It's now a 16 night instead of 19 and Vancouver to Singapore.

From NCL UK site:

DayCruise PortsArriveDepart

Day 1 Vancouver, British Columbia (EMBARK)---4:00 pm

Day 2 At Sea------

Day 3 Ketchikan, Alaska6:00 am3:00 pm

Day 4 Juneau, Alaska7:00 am1:15 pmCruise Sawyer Glacier------

Day 5 At Sea------

Day 6 Seward, Alaska7:00 am6:00 pm

Day 7 At Sea------

Day 8 At Sea------

Day 9 At Sea------

Day 10------

Day 11 At Sea------

Day 12 At Sea------

Day 13 Petropavlovsk, Russia5:00 am7:00 pm

Day 14 At Sea------

Day 15 At Sea------

Day 16 Sapporo, Japan8:00 am6:00 pm

Day 17 Hakodate, Japan8:00 am6:00 pm

Day 18 Aomori, Japan8:00 am6:00 pm

Day 19 At Sea------

Day 20 Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan (DISEMBARK)8:00 am---

Edited by pspercy

So we are in Japan on 10/6, looking to get to Singapore. I would have preferred a southern route, Hawaii etc, but Japan to Singapore has possibilitie.

That is what I was hoping for. Got excited the other day when I saw the 19 night sailing from Vancouver and really decent pricing for suites. Called pcc and he lost me somewhere after international dateline. It also being the last sailing prior to dry dock doesn't have as much appeal.

I suspect the itinerary may change to the 16 night Vancouver to Singapore that is posted now vs the 19 night to Yokohama that was previously posted.

The Sydney Port Authority site has her booked to berth there on 8/10/2018

NCL.com now showing Tokyo to Singapore, Oct 6-22.

DayCruise PortsArriveDepart

Day 1Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan (EMBARK)---7:00 pm

Day 2Shimizu, Japan8:00 am4:00 pm

Day 3Kochi, Japan8:00 am5:00 pm

Day 4At Sea------

Day 5Keelung (Taipei), Taiwan9:00 am5:00 pm

Day 6Hong Kong, China6:00 pm---Hong Kong, China---Overnight

Day 7Hong Kong, China---5:00 pm

Day 8At Sea------

Day 9Nha Trang, Vietnam8:00 am6:00 pm

Day 10Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam8:00 am6:00 pm

Day 11At Sea------

Day 12Sihanoukville, Cambodia6:00 am5:00 pm

Day 13Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand8:00 am---Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand---Overnight

Day 14Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand---7:00 pm

Day 15Ko Samui, Thailand9:00 am5:00 pm

Day 16At Sea------

Day 17Singapore, Singapore (DISEMBARK)8:00 am

Does anyone have information on the Vancouver, B.C. to Tokyo portion of this grand adventure?

The itineraries are now posted on NCL website. Looks like Jewel arrives in Singapore on 10/22/18. Leaving Vancouver to Yokohama on 9/17-10/6/18. Then Yokohama to Singapore 10/6-10/22.