Allowed to 'create' own main????

JannyLyn

I'm just wondering if you're able to create your own main dish? What I mean is... the meat from one main combined with the veg from another?

I've been looking at a few different menus for our upcoming RCI cruise and was wondering if this is possible? I like the fish, but don't like the veggies it comes with - would rather have mashed potatoes and broccoli, etc.

It this isn't allowed, that's completely fine. It's our first cruise and I'm not sure what we're able to ask for and wouldn't want to make the waitstaff feel uncomfortable.

Thanks!

I think if you asked a good waitstaff would take care of you. In the past I had someone in my group asked and the waitstaff brought the normal fish dish and the sides from the other meal on a seperate plate. They said it was easier for the kitchen to do it this way.

I LOVE the scallop and risotto appitizer and always ask for it as the meal. When DD had asked for something like you asked, they brought it as an extra and still brought whatever else you didnt want. other poster is rightm, just dont eat it. it is much easier on the wait staff that way.

When my husband didn't want the veggies that came with one of the entrees they asked him if he'd like mashed potatoes (or sides from any of the other entrees) isntead. They put it all on one plate without the veggies just as requested.

This is all part of the cut-backs that has happened with RCI (and other lines) over the years. When we first started cruising with RCCL back in the 70s, the entrees would be served on a plate with no sides or veggies. Then the waiter would come around with a selection of sides and veggies in silver serving bowls and dish out whatever we wanted. There was much less waste this way and you got what you wanted from a pretty decent selection. But these days, they have cut-back so much in the dining room with staff that they can no longer offer this kind of service.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

Archived