Beverage package offered with Olife

jeanine

There are many threads on this subject.

If you just want to drink wine with your meals, you don't need to upgrade to the prestige package. Just note that you will choose from a number of glasses of wine (you can get refills) -- it's a more limited list. If you want wine by the bottle (which they hold for you for future consumption) I would skip the package.

If you like to go to the bar for a cocktail, or just to order any kind of drink outside of meal times, then the upgrade would probably be preferable.

Note: we've never taken the package because DH doesn't drink more than maybe a half glass of wine with dinner, and we don't go to the bars. Big reason is that I prefer to order wine off the wine list rather than be limited to the glasses they provide. However, from what I have read here on CC, most people seem satisfied with the selections.

We ourselves have taken the excursions although on our upcoming cruise on Marina in November we aren't taking either because we are meeting friends and relatives in several ports, and as I've indicated we don't find the drink package to be of value to US.

Mura

We don't take either as we like to go to the bar before dinner. We pay for the Prestige package so we don't have to think about it, and I know someone will come on and tell you with alcohol, Oceania has a horribly small pour.

On the tours we like some of the longer ones that you have to pay for, so we just do not take anything. It all comes out in the wash.

There are many threads on this subject.

If you just want to drink wine with your meals, you don't need to upgrade to the prestige package. Just note that you will choose from a number of glasses of wine (you can get refills) -- it's a more limited list. If you want wine by the bottle (which they hold for you for future consumption) I would skip the package.

If you like to go to the bar for a cocktail, or just to order any kind of drink outside of meal times, then the upgrade would probably be preferable.

Note: we've never taken the package because DH doesn't drink more than maybe a half glass of wine with dinner, and we don't go to the bars. Big reason is that I prefer to order wine off the wine list rather than be limited to the glasses they provide. However, from what I have read here on CC, most people seem satisfied with the selections.

We ourselves have taken the excursions although on our upcoming cruise on Marina in November we aren't taking either because we are meeting friends and relatives in several ports, and as I've indicated we don't find the drink package to be of value to US.

Mura

Good summary. Thanks.

We have chosen the House Beverage Package as our OLife "perk" and will upgrade to the Prestige Package the day after we board. Why the day after? Because you are charged for the upgrade per day of the cruise and I see no point in paying the additional amount when I shall not be on board at lunch time on the first day to take advantage of it! (Also we get a good selection of alchohols and wines in our suite)

Like Carolldoll I get us the full package because I do not like having to sign for drinks and figure out tips and in general bother with lots of little charges to check on my bill. Lazy me - I know!

I had a chat with the Head Bartender on Riviera on our last cruise about drink sizes. This came up because we ordered martinis and they were served in little carafes - so essentially we had two for one. He said that during "happy hours" they do cut the drinks size but since we had the full package we were not availing ourselves of the happy hour drink and so the "normal" size was poured. Interesting...

Santé everyone!

Hi Hambagahle,

It's good to know that you can upgrade the house beverage package to the prestige package.

What do they charge to do this as I'm wondering how many drinks you need to have away from meals to make this worthwhile?

Thanks.

Hi Hambagahle,

It's good to know that you can upgrade the house beverage package to the prestige package.

What do they charge to do this as I'm wondering how many drinks you need to have away from meals to make this worthwhile?

Thanks.

$20 per day about 2 drinks

$20 per day times TWO in our case. But we could easily have more than two drinks outside our suite - margarita or bloody mary before lunch, martini before dinner and a calvados afterwards. Plus it gives that great feeling of not having to count the cost. Cost is nailed down once you get the upgrade!

Hi Hambagahle,

Thanks.

remember the house select package is only Champagne/ wine by the glass & beer with meals

So if you like a couple of cocktails or spirits during the day the $20 pp pd is a good deal

Do you think the olife drink pkg is a better deal compared to the 4 olife tours? Our cruise is a 8 day port intensive med cruise. Rome to Venice.

If port intensive you may be off the ship during lunch so no advantage there if you drink several glasses of wine with dinner it may work for you

We rarely do ship's tours so we take the OBC as we may only have 1-2 drinks a day

you have to do what works best for YOU

JMO

• 2 weeks later...
Can one person upgrade to the prestige package and other stay with the house package? DW likes her wine anytime of day ... or night ... while I only have a couple glasses with dinner and maybe one with lunch.

Yes, you will be able to do that. Purchase the upgrade at Reception. But if you will only have two or three glasses of wine a day, maybe two on port days, then a package might not be as cost effective as pay as you go. That said, there is convenience in have the package and perhaps your basic package is your preferred O-Life choice so a non-issue anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

We now drink very little due to DH's unstable heart and my struggles to stay at a healthy weight.

I selected the excursions for this cruise (even though we generally tour on our own or arrange private tours) and "bought" $1216 in excursions; the OBC would have been $800.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Yes one person in the cabin can upgrade the liquor package while the other person doesn't. We did that on our last O cruise.

Another thing I noticed when I upgraded was the way the bar tenders treated me with the top package. They used a shot glass to measure the liquor for those paying by the drink however they free poured for my top shelf drinks having the upgraded package.

They didn't have the free excursions under OLife when I cruised, however I thought I read on the boards that the included tours are limited to the minimal ones. The better ones you still have to pay for. Maybe someone more experienced can either confirm or correct me.

They didn't have the free excursions under OLife when I cruised, however I thought I read on the boards that the included tours are limited to the minimal ones. The better ones you still have to pay for. Maybe someone more experienced can either confirm or correct me.

When did you cruise last?

The free excursions have been in effect for a couple of years now ...(someone will correct me if wrong)

Most of the free ones were up to $199 so if you chose the higher priced ones you can come out ahead of the OBC

Some free ones are shorter in length but did see a few that were 5hrs or more

When did you cruise last?

The free excursions have been in effect for a couple of years now ...(someone will correct me if wrong)

Most of the free ones were up to $199 so if you chose the higher priced ones you can come out ahead of the OBC

Some free ones are shorter in length but did see a few that were 5hrs or more

Three years ago. It was a 2014 Med cruise on the Marina. Have there been many O changes (other than OLife since then?)