A Cabin Tour Of The Best Suite On Carnival's Best Ship!

Spaniel Lover

I was on Carnival Vista recently, and was fortunate enough to stay in the best suite on Carnival's best ship. It was pretty great! I've been editing photos and videos since I got back, and will start writing a comprehensive review of my experiences on the ship... to be posted here in the Carnival forum on Cruise Critic about a week from now.

But until then, I just can't resist posting a couple of photos, plus a video tour of the best cabin on the ship!

There are four Havana Suites on the Carnival Vista, and these are significantly larger than the other Havana cabins... and feature the best shower I've ever seen on a Carnival cruise ship.

Havana%20Suite%205234%20Shower%20-%20IMG_6951%20-1.jpg

The suite itself is 260 square feet, plus a 100 square foot balcony. To put that in perspective, your average Carnival cruise ship cabin is 185 square feet, plus a 35 square foot balcony.

Havana%20Suite%205234%20-%20IMG_7016%20-1.jpg

An unusual feature of the suite is that there are two televisions. One, at the desk, seems to be the typical size you would find in a newer cruise ship. We usually kept that one tuned to the map channel, to keep an eye on our location and the current wind direction and speed. The second television is quite a bit larger, and faces the bed.

There were 4600 passengers on the Carnival Vista the week we cruised... some weeks there are even more... and that's a whole lot of passengers to compete with for a spot in the pool or a lounger nearby.

Main%20Pool%20Contest%20-%20IMG_7039%20-1.jpg

The best thing about any Havana cabin on the Carnival Vista is that it gets you full access to the exclusive Havana pool area. That means only about 130 people staying in Havana cabins have access to the Havana pool area. It was never crowded at any point during the week, even at peak times on a sea day.

Havana%20Pool%20-%20IMG_20170924_183920.jpg

There will be many more photos to share when I post my full review, in about a week... plus some videos!

I just finished editing my cabin tour video, which gives you a detailed look at many of the great things (and a few not-great ones) about the Havana Suite that we stayed in. You can
, or just watch it here on CruiseCritic in a small-screen format:

ew_vn1_V1xE

I so enjoyed your video!

My only desire to book the Vista was due to the Havana pool deck and your video has confirmed my thoughts ! My friend and I have a Havana Inside Cabin which will be fine as it is the pool deck I booked it for :)

I am looking forward to the rest of your review!

We booked the Breeze so we could complete our Dream Class “hat trick” before she leaves Galveston.

Not so sure we’ll be back in Carnival after Breeze leaves. Havanas look nice, but they’re priced more than “a bit” higher for the same time next year. Vista still has Coves, which is what we love about the Dream Class, but it sure seems like the public spaces will be a lot more crowded unless we spring for the H cabins and even those cabins have nothing compared to privacy of the Cove.

We have a nice bathroom with two sinks and a waterfall shower at home.

We’re kinda burnt out on RCCL’s Liberty so unless we want to fly, it looks like we’ll be shooting for an Aft Wrap on Freedom next time around - or maybe schlep to NOLA for the new NCL ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the few reviewers I look forward to on here! Awesome recap of the havana suites. I don't always agree with everything you say, but I love your professional presentation. You keep it about the ships and the ports. Love it. This is better than any havana suite promotion Carnival put out!!!:p:p

We’re kinda burnt out on RCCL’s Liberty so unless we want to fly, it looks like we’ll be shooting for an Aft Wrap on Freedom next time around - or maybe schlep to NOLA for the new NCL ship.

Scrax Freedom, not doing Bahamas and Key West Thanksgiving week 2018.