?? about extra point for booking 9 months in advance before it was changed

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:18 AM.
#1
10,637 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
We booked on Jan 3rd this year before the change of taking away the 2 points for booking 9 months in advance for a January 2018 cruise. I know I have read that they will honor through December but what about those of us that have a cruise later and booked before they took this incentive away?

We have 14 days of cruising booked in Jan. so hoping we will get out 28 points which will make us platinum. If only receive 14 points then we will be 4 points shy of being platinum.

We are also thinking about adding another cruise onto these 2 for a b2b2b. If we would make Platinum during the second cruise would we get the Platinum perks on the 3rd cruise?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#2
KY
1,014 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by ready2cruzagain
We booked on Jan 3rd this year before the change of taking away the 2 points for booking 9 months in advance for a January 2018 cruise. I know I have read that they will honor through December but what about those of us that have a cruise later and booked before they took this incentive away?

We have 14 days of cruising booked in Jan. so hoping we will get out 28 points which will make us platinum. If only receive 14 points then we will be 4 points shy of being platinum.

We are also thinking about adding another cruise onto these 2 for a b2b2b. If we would make Platinum during the second cruise would we get the Platinum perks on the 3rd cruise?
Yes, they changed the rule in April I believe. We were grandfathered in for the two cruises we had booked but no more extra points. If you booked in January you should be OK, but I would check it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
_________________________________________
cruise addict -- many years all cruiselines
NCL Jade 11Nt Panama Canal Nov 2017
NCL Escape 8Nt Eastern Caribbean Jan 2018
Carnival Breeze 14Nt So Caribbean Nov 2018
Celebrity Edge 7Nt Western Caribbean Jan 2019

#3
540 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
u have to write them a physical letter to complain. i have to do that too. the jipped me of a lot of points.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Planned - Celebrity Summit '18

CCL, RCCL, NCL
#4
UK
7,846 Posts
Joined May 2003
The good news is that we are now just over a couple of months away from getting the answer.

There is no point calling NCL to check. You will just get a random answer.

My suspicion is that you will get the points, and that it is just bad wording on the FAQ pages.

We will only know for sure when someone gets back from a cruise in January and reports either getting them or not.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Speciality restaurant booking guide - http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sho...3#post51770633
#6
NYC
6,961 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
I have two cruises booked next year. I would love the extra points
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sailed:
Carnival Miracle (2009), Carnival Glory (2010), Carnival Splendor (2013,2014), Carnival Vista (2016), Carnival Sunshine (2017)
Norwegian Gem (2012,2015), Norwegian Breakaway (2014)
#7
10,637 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by Owenred
We are booked in Feb and booked over a year in advance so are in the same boat. Would be interesting to hear the results
Originally posted by shof515
I have two cruises booked next year. I would love the extra points
I guess I will find out in Feb after we get back from our cruises.

We just booked the 3rd cruise for the b2b2b and would love it if we would be platinum on the 3rd cruise but not seeing any answers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#8
Arizona
10,938 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by ready2cruzagain
I guess I will find out in Feb after we get back from our cruises.

We just booked the 3rd cruise for the b2b2b and would love it if we would be platinum on the 3rd cruise but not seeing any answers.
Here is what NCL said on Facebook:


NorwegianCruise Line Yes, allcruises. 2018 too.
Like · Reply · 11 · January27 at 3:33pm