Boarding Coral Princess from World Cruise Terminal

yapmom

Hi! Quick question that I should thought of sooner as we board in a few hours. I would feel better giving my luggage directly to Princess or at least being with it till it gets to Princess hands. I'm have read about porters not being Princess employees and was wondering how hard it would be to accomplish my goal? Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi! Quick question that I should thought of sooner as we board in a few hours. I would feel better giving my luggage directly to Princess or at least being with it till it gets to Princess hands. I'm have read about porters not being Princess employees and was wondering how hard it would be to accomplish my goal? Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only two choices - give it to the porter (who is not a Princess employee) or carry it all the way to the cabin yourself. No other way.

Princess Reps or Crew are forbidden to handle luggage until it is on the ship.

They are not allowed to assist passengers.

This is true in all USA Ports.

I would just do as most of us do and that is to hand your luggage over to the porter.

Bon Voyage.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the Longshoremen union is very strong in the USA, and they have the contract for managing cargo and luggage for all cruise ships embarking/disembarking at USA ports. The cruise ship employees are not allowed to touch either cargo or luggage on the pier.

Don't worry! The porters will take care of your luggage. You'll be able to see them take it into the loading area. It's all an open outdoor area, so they are not going to drag it away and leave it somewhere or dump it in the ocean (like we joked about while we were boarding!).