What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

Hello, I am a SWF 34 yr old who lives in Miami. I love cruising, traveling, and adventures. I havent done a solo cruise yet. i always try to find someone to go with me, but all my friends are either broke, have kids, married or just cant take the time off and i'm always up for a weekend cruise. I'm learning from all your reviews that going solo isnt bad. i might take your advice.:p

Hello, I am a SWF 34 yr old who lives in Miami. I love cruising, traveling, and adventures. I havent done a solo cruise yet. i always try to find someone to go with me, but all my friends are either broke, have kids, married or just cant take the time off and i'm always up for a weekend cruise. I'm learning from all your reviews that going solo isnt bad. i might take your advice.:p

If you love cruising...you will not regret taking the plunge...in fact, you may end up like some of us and decide you actually prefer the solo sailing :D

If you cruise on princess solo, they have a 150% supplement and you get credit for 2 cruises

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Is that something new ? I will have to check out Princess ,I have not cruised with them for a while.....Thanks

If you cruise on princess solo, they have a 150% supplement and you get credit for 2 cruises

I have not seen this? Does this require a certain level? Specific cabin category? All supplements I find are about 200% with an occasional one reduced...

Please elaborate...curious minds (and solo cruisers) would love to know...

Where would I see that? I am paying almost 200%, but I would like to see where they give you credit for 2 cruises.

I am 56,recently retired Head teacher, and travel solo a lot both in England and abroad. My husband is self employed and also doesn't like cruising so it makes sense to go alone. Next month on the Azura will be my first solo cruise but as I've cruised several times with teenage daughter it's really the same except for dinner. I've only ever seen her at dinner for the last 7 cruises.

Where would I see that? I am paying almost 200%, but I would like to see where they give you credit for 2 cruises.

It's on the Captain's Circle Membership Benefits page:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

The page indicates the double cruise credit, but the supplement is not specifically mentioned (if it is, someone please help these old eyes). In fact it seems some fares may not be eligible for the two credits...I do not know Princess well enough....but when i read terms like "exclusive occupancy fare" i get nervous :D

"Note: Each time you book and sail in a full suite or sail alone in a cabin in which you pay the exclusive occupancy fare we will count it as two cruises!"

I am 56,recently retired Head teacher, and travel solo a lot both in England and abroad. My husband is self employed and also doesn't like cruising so it makes sense to go alone. Next month on the Azura will be my first solo cruise but as I've cruised several times with teenage daughter it's really the same except for dinner. I've only ever seen her at dinner for the last 7 cruises.

So funny. I felt the same way when I sailed with my son. I'm doing a transatlantic solo in three weeks. What's nice is you get to make all the decisions without worrying about the needs of others. It's easy to make friends. Have a nice trip.

Joe

You should give it a try. I cruise solo often. If you don't like your tablemates, don't be shy, speak to the head waiter and get switched to a more lively table. It's easy to make friends about the ship.

Joe

Edited by JoePatNYCT

I've been around CC for awhile, and finally got to read all these posts.

I really enjoyed learning about fellow CCer's. I have met members on many cruises......great group of people here!!

For those cancer survivors....good for you, and I wish you a long happy cancer free life. Many of you have lost loved ones, and you have my condolences. For the many divorced.....well, I'm one of you...been divorced since 76.

About me....65, divorced, introverted, guy. With a great sense of humor. I luckily retired at when I turned 50. I had custody of, and raised my 2 kids, who now have families of their own. I've been on many, many cruises, and cruise lines since the late 70's...with the kids, and family, but have been cruising solo for the last 15, or so years. I do my best to do at least 2 cruises a year. I live in the Tampa FL area, and drive to the ports. I have done a TA, and gone to the Panama Canal, but not through it....yet. I did a two week from SD, CA to Hawaii.....but I really hate doing the airport thing.

I have to admit that only a balcony will do, and I love having the cabin to myself. I go to the MDR when I want to, or the buffet works for me too, as I'm not too fussy about food. I Love the entertainment, and have done solo port tours.

I'm looking forward to following this post, and hearing more from new posters, their lives, and cruising adventures.

Oh, by the way, GTVCRUISER....love your pics....but please save a few cruises for the rest of us.....Yes, I am envious of all your voyages! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I will be almost-solo on the Allure next week. My soon-to-be-ex-husband and I booked it 14 months ago and neither of us will give it up. So I will be solo for my waking hours and have a silent roommate at night. I would rather be truly solo, but being free to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it will be good practice. As large as the ship is, I will be surprised if I see him other than in the cabin. Not an ideal situation but better than missing a cruise :D

Good for you. Hope you had a great time.

I did my first four cruises with my wife. She still wants to come with me - but since she divorced me I have to say no! Besides, if she came with, she wouldn't be able to take care of my cats.

Good for you. Hope you had a great time.

I did my first four cruises with my wife. She still wants to come with me - but since she divorced me I have to say no! Besides, if she came with, she wouldn't be able to take care of my cats.

It was an interesting cruise. Unfortunately, it was the worst cruising weather I ever experienced, so a lot of plans were changed. I did not check out the "single cruiser meet and greets", as my ex was probably there. I wasn't ready at that time, anyway, but now I wish I had casually stopped by to see what they are like. The best part of that cruise was receiving voicemail messages in the cabin for my ex, from a woman. I wrote a note for him about the messages (since the message light goes out once you listen, and I didn't want him to miss anything), stuck the note in the little towel arms and legs of the towel animal, got into my bed with a book, and waited for him to come back to the cabin and read the note. You have to keep a sense of humor to survive in these situations :D

It was an interesting cruise. Unfortunately, it was the worst cruising weather I ever experienced, so a lot of plans were changed. I did not check out the "single cruiser meet and greets", as my ex was probably there. I wasn't ready at that time, anyway, but now I wish I had casually stopped by to see what they are like. The best part of that cruise was receiving voicemail messages in the cabin for my ex, from a woman. I wrote a note for him about the messages (since the message light goes out once you listen, and I didn't want him to miss anything), stuck the note in the little towel arms and legs of the towel animal, got into my bed with a book, and waited for him to come back to the cabin and read the note. You have to keep a sense of humor to survive in these situations :D

Yes, a sense of humor helps.

I did a pass by of the solo MnG on each of my 3 solo cruises. They were all sparsely populated - as I recall it was 3, 0, and 4 people. Didn't stop to visit.

Don

Well, I've finally decided to take the plunge into the world of solo cruising. I'm a 40 year old single male who enjoys cruising more than my friends and family do, so I come September, I'll be hitting the seas without them. I'll admit I'm a bit nervous -- more about dinner than anything else as I'm somewhat of an introvert -- but I'm looking forward to getting away and enjoying a vacation.

Hello , i am so glad to see that others are cruising alone too!!! this time it will be my first alone cruise (i used to cruise with family and teenage daughter but not now) Norwegian Jade 18/25 may 2013 Greek islands -is there anyone here going too? I would like to share land-trips or activities on board! :)

thank you!

Hi I'm Shilpa I live in London , UK, and am in my thirties and single. I love cruising solo , I never even bother asking friernds to come alon for lots of reasons ...budget constraints , time off work etc - but the main reason being that I like my own company .

I love to explore places the way I want to , and I love to make NEW friends along the way. Whenever I go on holidays with friends it is great but never really hook up with any new folks.

Cruising by yourself can be really relaxing , you dont have to be conscious of what anybody else wants and at the same time you never really feel alone. Most times when you do land based holidays alone dinner is probably the most apparent time when you feel the lack of company - but on a cruise this is never the case as you always have dinner company!

I am really thankful I discovered solo cruising - it is very liberating yet also as a single woman you do feel that you are in a safe environment and no worries about late night cabs alone etc.

hello !!! i am in my late forty,widow, i live in south France and i used to cruise (this is my eigth) with family or just with my daughter...which is now teenager and doesn't want to come with her mom anymore...such is life!

i took the oportunity to leave alone because it's a long time dream-greek islands!;) so,here i am ,ready to exercise my english(which i love dearly!:rolleyes:), to meet new people , take time for myself, so if someone is on Norwegian Jade this time , let me know!!! see you!:)

I go on my first cruise at the end of next week (4/27) Oasis of the Seas on RCI. I keep getting told that I'm going to love it. I'm a 23 year old male who is pretty sure he's going to fall in love with cruising! The solo prices are insane so is it common for two people that would normally go solo to just pair up and go tandem or is that more frowned upon. I'm comfortable in most situations and wouldn't be completely opposed to the idea. Would love some feedback!