Labadee Dreamworks Photo Safari -dance party back on board?

pghdvcer

• 3 weeks later...

I have been searching everywhere for information on this excursion for my girls. If anyone hears anything before March please post it. If not I will for sure post pictures and let everyone know if it is worth the money or not. I wish they had more information on excursions for kids. :mad: I am going on the March 19th cruise on the Allure of the Seas for 7 nights. This is our first cruise so I am hoping we will enjoy it. My husband wanted to just go to Florida again, but I changed it to a cruise. Hopefully I don't feel like fool afterwards.... Will post as soon as I am back.

My sister, niece and nephew are doing this the first week of March. It says it includes the aqua park, does anyone know if this is after the 3 hour tour time or during? We'd like to join in on the aqua park with them but aren't doing the photo safari so didn't know what time to book. Also, I'll report back after our cruise with some of the info asked here already.

• 2 weeks later...

The price is $0.00 for adults and $39.00 for kids. I have a 5 and 2 yo and am sailing on the 11 March Harmony cruise. It says there's a minimum 48" height requirement and minimum age of 4 years. The restriction doesn't make sense because why would there be a restriction to take pictures and walk? Also, the water park has only a 48" height requirement if the child is not accompanied by an adult. Since the adult is free does that mean my wife and I can do the waterpark with our 2yo free of charge and only pay the $39.00 for my 5yo or does that mean I have to purchase water park admission at $19.75 for my wife and I (2yo should be free regardless) and if so, how do you match up times? RCCL hasn't been of any use like has been reported here and my wife and I would love to book this for my 5yo because she'd love it but I don't have enough information to book :(

Hi all, I just returned from our sailing on the Oasis last week. We were in Labadee one week ago, today. I scoured the internet looking for details and info about this excursion, before we left. So I vowed to be helpful to others to provide some info about our experience.

I have two boys - 4 and 6 years old. The littlest one is just shy of 4ft (about 46 inches) but we signed up anyways. The height restriction is for the aquapark, but no one is walking around with a tape measure, and there isn't even one of those measuring sticks in sight. We arrived in port at 9am, our excursion started at 10am in Dazzles. Each kid was given a Troll bracelet, and a treasure map. They explained a little, and then we headed off the ship as a group. The safari basically takes you from the pier, to the aquapark, winding your way along and catching stops at 4 Dreamworks character statues. Note: there are NO live, real-person characters on the safari. Don't tell your kids they will meet characters. They will cry and be disappointed. (lesson learned). These statues are fully public and out in the open, so even if you didn't do this excursion, your kids would still be able to take pictures with them. Along the way the Adventure Ocean staff have them stop and do "challenges" like "do a funny dance", "tell a joke", "act like Alex the Lion" and then they earn stickers. You arrive at the Aquapark close to 11am, and parents sign waivers. All kids get a wristband for the Aquapark from 11am to noon. Adults don't need a wristband and can accompany kids into the aquapark. My boys and my husband had a great time playing for the hour. Then you enjoy the rest of your day on Labadee. All aboard is at 4pm. At 4pm, back in Dazzles, there is a dance party. Families arrive, check in and the kids are given a Trolls- themed gift. Each of my boys got a Trolls Art kit and activity book - markers, paints, stickers, etc. I think I read somewhere before I left that it was a backpack, so it may just be any Trolls-related merchandise. Keep this in mind, if you are packing tightly, or have multiple kids. Because now I had to bring two Trolls Art kits home!!! There are balloons, free cupcakes, and fruit punch drinks. A DJ plays and the AO staff get everyone up dancing. Then Poppy and Branch (the real-person-inside) arrive and dance with the kids. They have an opportunity to take pictures with each child - both with the ship's photographer and your own camera. All told the dance party is less than an hour. We had dinner at 5:30 and I remember going back to the cabin to change beforehand.

Bottom Line: the Photo Safari is nothing spectacular. You can visit each of the statues on your own and take pictures on Labadee. The Trolls bracelet and art kit were nice - probably something I wouldn't buy the kids myself, but they sure loved them. The little one wear the bracelet each day. The aquapark was awesome and the kids (and my husband) loved it. The real perk is the (short) private dance party with Branch and Poppy. They appeared twice otherwise during our sailing - once was smack in the middle of dinner and once was at 8:40 (too late for the little one to stay up). Plus, if you are just going to sit at the beach all day with two very active little boys, then for me it was nice to have something focused to fill up that first hour of the day.

I do hope that helps someone a little. Enjoy your upcoming sailings. I will try to pop back into this thread in a couple of days to answer any more questions from my experience.

Thank you so much for the information. I was not aware that we would not see the characters on the safari. It does make it sound like you will. I am glad you told me this so I could tell my 8 year old twins so they were not expecting it. I am glad that Poppy and Branch will be at the party. If they were not going to be there at all I would have cancelled my reservations. Again thank you for all the information it does help a ton.

I agree that for the kids it will be well worth it. I am just glad they do not charge the parents to walk along with the kids. If that was the case I am not sure I would have paid for 3 extra adults to go along that don't really need a troll backpack full of goodies. Either way "Hair we Go"!!! :)

Thank you for such a great review! I was curious if all the parents can go on the waterslides with the kids and it sounds like they can.

Hi all, I just returned from our sailing on the Oasis last week. We were in Labadee one week ago, today. I scoured the internet looking for details and info about this excursion, before we left. So I vowed to be helpful to others to provide some info about our experience.

I have two boys - 4 and 6 years old. The littlest one is just shy of 4ft (about 46 inches) but we signed up anyways. The height restriction is for the aquapark, but no one is walking around with a tape measure, and there isn't even one of those measuring sticks in sight. We arrived in port at 9am, our excursion started at 10am in Dazzles. Each kid was given a Troll bracelet, and a treasure map. They explained a little, and then we headed off the ship as a group. The safari basically takes you from the pier, to the aquapark, winding your way along and catching stops at 4 Dreamworks character statues. Note: there are NO live, real-person characters on the safari. Don't tell your kids they will meet characters. They will cry and be disappointed. (lesson learned). These statues are fully public and out in the open, so even if you didn't do this excursion, your kids would still be able to take pictures with them. Along the way the Adventure Ocean staff have them stop and do "challenges" like "do a funny dance", "tell a joke", "act like Alex the Lion" and then they earn stickers. You arrive at the Aquapark close to 11am, and parents sign waivers. All kids get a wristband for the Aquapark from 11am to noon. Adults don't need a wristband and can accompany kids into the aquapark. My boys and my husband had a great time playing for the hour. Then you enjoy the rest of your day on Labadee. All aboard is at 4pm. At 4pm, back in Dazzles, there is a dance party. Families arrive, check in and the kids are given a Trolls- themed gift. Each of my boys got a Trolls Art kit and activity book - markers, paints, stickers, etc. I think I read somewhere before I left that it was a backpack, so it may just be any Trolls-related merchandise. Keep this in mind, if you are packing tightly, or have multiple kids. Because now I had to bring two Trolls Art kits home!!! There are balloons, free cupcakes, and fruit punch drinks. A DJ plays and the AO staff get everyone up dancing. Then Poppy and Branch (the real-person-inside) arrive and dance with the kids. They have an opportunity to take pictures with each child - both with the ship's photographer and your own camera. All told the dance party is less than an hour. We had dinner at 5:30 and I remember going back to the cabin to change beforehand.

Bottom Line: the Photo Safari is nothing spectacular. You can visit each of the statues on your own and take pictures on Labadee. The Trolls bracelet and art kit were nice - probably something I wouldn't buy the kids myself, but they sure loved them. The little one wear the bracelet each day. The aquapark was awesome and the kids (and my husband) loved it. The real perk is the (short) private dance party with Branch and Poppy. They appeared twice otherwise during our sailing - once was smack in the middle of dinner and once was at 8:40 (too late for the little one to stay up). Plus, if you are just going to sit at the beach all day with two very active little boys, then for me it was nice to have something focused to fill up that first hour of the day.

I do hope that helps someone a little. Enjoy your upcoming sailings. I will try to pop back into this thread in a couple of days to answer any more questions from my experience.[/quot

• 2 weeks later...

So could myself, my husband and my 2 year old accompany my 6 year old on the safari and then join her in the aqua park without having to purchase tickets for myself and my husband as well? I'm trying to book the safari and the aqua park through RC's website but I feel like I'm missing so much info, I don't want to purchase aqua park tickets for me and hubby if we can just accompany her in there for the hour :confused:

My sister did the safari today. Both her and her husband were able to get into the arawak water park with the kids since they signed up for the safari with the kids. The adult tickets were $0 when they signed up. They said the actual safari wasn't that fun, but they enjoyed the water park. The tickets they got for the water park were at noon and all the safari people went into the water park at the same time. They had to get back on the boat an hour early for the party and Poppy and Branch only stayed for about 30 minutes. Maybe slightly less time. Some people showed up at 430ish and missed them. They got this at the party to take home. https://www.amazon.com/Dreamworks-Trolls-Activity-Coloring-Bundle/dp/B01MG8CYQT

• 4 weeks later...

Question for those who have done this. Is the Aqua Park blocked off for just this excursion or do you mix in with the others that booked just the aqua park for this time slot? How crowded was it? We usually do the Aqua Park first thing in the morning when it isn't crowded, seems like this one would get there right at high time.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this while on the 4/8 Harmony sailing. Our experience pretty much matched the previous review. The "hunt" was lame at best, no characters, a few statues, and they tried to move the group so quickly they didn't even give an opportunity to find and take pictures of the little picture signs they had posted around. It was hot and crowded, about 130 people on our excursion.

That said, my worst fear about the Aqua park was not realized. I was thinking it would be insanely crowded, but it really wasn't that bad. Many on our tour got both the slide and aqua park pass, and did the slide first. We just did the aqua park and went out with the 11:00 group. It was not just our excursion, there were a few other families that weren't part of our group. But our group was downright tiny compared to the 10:00 and 12:00 groups, which were way too crowded in my opinion. All said and done all four of us got in the aqua park for $8 less than if we had just booked that separately (during a sale weekend at that!). We were also back to Barefoot beach by lunch and had the afternoon to mill about before heading back to the ship.

The kids enjoyed the dance party, though I was expecting more. There were cupcakes, balloons, and poppy and branch made an appearance (no ship photographer though).

• 1 month later...

I do hope that helps someone a little. Enjoy your upcoming sailings. I will try to pop back into this thread in a couple of days to answer any more questions from my experience.

Ditto! Super helpful, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great and very accurate review! I wish I would have found this before I went. But I filmed an in-depth review of it and I'm posting it to youtube now. My channel is Matt's Big Dream.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is a great and very accurate review! I wish I would have found this before I went. But I filmed an in-depth review of it and I'm posting it to youtube now. My channel is Matt's Big Dream.

I found your video on youtube. It was all we needed to cancel this excursion. The photosafari looked really lame. My kids were not impressed watching the video. I thought I would still keep the excursion for the aquapark and the party, but my kids think they don't care. I just saved a bundle!

When I called to cancel, it was no big deal. The girl from RC checked, and if we decide they want to use the aquapark after all, we can buy tickets on the beach.