MSC Divina -Tender - Grand Cayman - Questions

GaznPaula

First I have been to GC before, first time with MSC.

Questions as follows:

4000 people on the ship

How are the tenders organised ?

Do you just queue up ? or

Do you get a ticket ? if so where from ?

Are the tickets timed ?

We want to do a private tour that will depart about 10am from Georgetown. Will we make it.

First I have been to GC before, first time with MSC.

Questions as follows:

4000 people on the ship

How are the tenders organised ?

Do you just queue up ? or

Do you get a ticket ? if so where from ?

Are the tickets timed ?

We want to do a private tour that will depart about 10am from Georgetown. Will we make it.

Yes,you gt ticket with time. First go priority guests and excursions from MSC. Then rest of the ship.

Yes,you gt ticket with time. First go priority guests and excursions from MSC. Then rest of the ship.

Specifically Grand Cayman, on this ship, how long are you looking at a wait ? Will everyone be ashore say 1.5 hours after the ship arrives ? Where do you get tickets ?

I've been to GC many times (none on MSC) and you always have to tender. It is safe to say that everyone who wants to get off the ship will be able to do so within 1.5 hours. Generally in order to get tickets your WHOLE group has to go to the designated spot (usually a theater). It is usually slight madness at the beginning but then quiets out fairly quickly from my experience.

I booked Aurea and it worked out well. We got the priority tickets which allowed us to skip having to go to the meet point in the ship to get tickets and wait. Took 5 minutes to walk through the ships check points. Another 5 to load up on the tender. Then maybe another 5-8 minutes for the tender to get to the dock.f984adad7f73ef6371024200479c1419.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tenders hold 120 people if I remember correctly. I remember the line being VERY long to get back on the ship, but I was surprised to only wait maybe 10-15 minutes max to get on a tender.

Were they still using their own life boats as tenders? I recall last time being in GC on NCL everyone else was using the tenders from the island but MSC was using their own.

The line to get back on was also crazy long wrapping down the street. If it was only 10-15 wait that would be o.k.

I booked Aurea and it worked out well. We got the priority tickets which allowed us to skip having to go to the meet point in the ship to get tickets and wait. Took 5 minutes to walk through the ships check points. Another 5 to load up on the tender. Then maybe another 5-8 minutes for the tender to get to the dock.f984adad7f73ef6371024200479c1419.jpg

The answer I wanted from a person who has sailed MSC...And guess what..we are Aurea too !!

Thanks !!

Were they still using their own life boats as tenders? I recall last time being in GC on NCL everyone else was using the tenders from the island but MSC was using their own.

The line to get back on was also crazy long wrapping down the street. If it was only 10-15 wait that would be o.k.

Yes, we were there two weeks ago, and MSC uses their own boats as tenders.

Yes, they were using their own life boats as tenders. The last ones at the end that are bigger.

Perfect! You're welcome. The priority worked out great for us.

MiamiC - How did you find it Aurea Class ? - With us being from over the other side of the pond, Europeans don't bother us btw ..lol

MiamiC - How did you find it Aurea Class ? - With us being from over the other side of the pond, Europeans don't bother us btw ..lol

As fellow scousers sailing MSC for the first time on Davina, I LOVE your signature, I too am an old hand on the Royal Iris, Royal Daffodil etc. You made me smile!:D

How did I find he overall experience of being in the Aurea Class? If so, then my answer is great. The priority boarding in itself was worth it. Then the unlimited drink package which I probably drank it's worth in the first day or so. Then the free massage which was perfect after the blue hole. Priority tendering was very convenient. The cabin was perfect with the balcony. The location is towards the from of the ship which I thought would be inconvenient because of distance but it was not. I'm slowly writing a day by day review here:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_type=t&share_fid=24703&share_tid=2520499&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2520499 .

Any more questions feel free to ask there or PM me :).

As fellow scousers sailing MSC for the first time on Davina, I LOVE your signature, I too am an old hand on the Royal Iris, Royal Daffodil etc. You made me smile!:D

Been the IOM a couple of time also forgot about them !!