Live Equinox August 13th Sailing

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:52 PM.
san diego
2,400 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by Barwick Cruiser
Thank you so much for the great pics! Looks like you had a great time. The lineup for tenders in GC looks pretty long...how bad was the wait to get off or did it move pretty quickly? We have a privately booked excursion and we're just wondering how far ahead we need to get in line. Also, were there any laundry specials during your sailing?
Thanks and safe flight home!
Cathy
They were still calling numbers at noon, they started at 1030. So I would get in line for tenders Tix early. We decided to get off about 1130, since we are elite we met in the ensemble lounge and walked right down. Felt kinda wired walking past those lines of people but I guess I paid my dues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Live review from Oasis of the Seas Jan 2nd, 2016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293377




My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883


My pictorial review of the Celebrity Eclipse:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1400893



Vision Hawaii 2000, Grandeur 2002, Legend 2003, Explorer 2004, Voyager 2005, Explorer 2007, Independence 2014
san diego
2,400 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Ok, I think were next. We have tag #19 and was supposed to be at 820. They are about 30 to 40 mins behind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Live review from Oasis of the Seas Jan 2nd, 2016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293377




My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883


My pictorial review of the Celebrity Eclipse:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1400893



Vision Hawaii 2000, Grandeur 2002, Legend 2003, Explorer 2004, Voyager 2005, Explorer 2007, Independence 2014
St. Petersburg, FL
137 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Thank you for including us on your cruise! Your pics really make us anxious to board the Equinox on October 27rh for our next cruise. When you gathered with Elite and Elite + for the breakfast before disembarkation in the Tuscan Grille, do they still serve pastries, juice and coffee?
san diego
2,400 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by challahmom
Thank you for including us on your cruise! Your pics really make us anxious to board the Equinox on October 27rh for our next cruise. When you gathered with Elite and Elite + for the breakfast before disembarkation in the Tuscan Grille, do they still serve pastries, juice and coffee?
They don't really serve you but there is a lil buffet set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Live review from Oasis of the Seas Jan 2nd, 2016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293377




My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883


My pictorial review of the Celebrity Eclipse:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1400893



Vision Hawaii 2000, Grandeur 2002, Legend 2003, Explorer 2004, Voyager 2005, Explorer 2007, Independence 2014
cincinnati, ohio,usa
6,019 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by AlbertaCruisers
We were in 6240 last week on the Equinox. The bed is by the balcony. We found the location to be perfect. I didn't have any issues with noise from the hallway.
We were on the Aug, 13th sailing also and in cabin 6216 - right on the hump by the internet cafe and elevators. Food was very good and the entertainment was great. Throughly enjoyed the cruise, but it was just too hot for me - will never again go to the Caribbean during summer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last Year
April - Serenade OTS - 10 nts, Eastern Caribbean
June - Serenade OTS - 11 nts Norway/Arctic Circle
December - Eurodam - 7 nts Eastern Caribbean

This Year
August - Equinox - 7 nts Western Caribbean

2018
April - Brilliance OTS - 15 nts, TA with Ireland and Netherlands.
South Florida
1,444 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
What a nice looking couple. And you don't look a day over 49!

Where would you recommend eating lunch after boarding the first day? We hate going to the buffet. Did you book Tropicante on your own? How long was the taxi ride there? It looks awesome. And most importantly, how did you get that great price? Through a travel agent or own your own through Celebrity?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Richard


Harmony of the Seas - May 17
Allure of the Seas - November 16
Anthem of the Seas - May 16
Celebrity Silhouette - March 16
Regal Princess - November 15
Oasis of the Seas - July 15
Norwegian Getaway - July 14
Oasis of the Seas - May 14
Freedom of the Seas - May 13
Liberty of the Seas - Dec 12
Monarch of the Seas - Sept 12
Allure of the Seas - Jan 12
Allure of the Seas - May 11
Oasis of the Seas - Nov 10
Celebrity Solstice - May 10
Celebrity Infinity - October 09
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - June 08
Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas - May 07
Celebrity Infinity - July 03
Carnival Destiny - August 99
Commodor Boheme - April 84
san diego
2,400 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by RichardE954
What a nice looking couple. And you don't look a day over 49!

Where would you recommend eating lunch after boarding the first day? We hate going to the buffet. Did you book Tropicante on your own? How long was the taxi ride there? It looks awesome. And most importantly, how did you get that great price? Through a travel agent or own your own through Celebrity?
I will have to admit the the Oceanview on embarkation day was a mad house, we couldn't find a table inside so we had to eat outside and it was hot as you know what in Miami.

We did book Tropicante on our own, you just email Steve and he will email you back http://www.sandalsandskis.com/tropicante.html , the taxi ride there is at most 10 mins and thats going really slow, about 5 or 10 miles an hour.

I assume you mean for the price on the cruise, I'm not sure, it was definitely a group rate but there were a lot of online agencies offering it. I was totally surprised to find that for a summer cruise. Celebrity was also offering their $50 deposit at the time, when I called the t/a they told me that the group qualified for the reduced deposit, which again surprised me because usually groups don't. And it even came with a $50 OBC and free gratuities


Price Total1,060.00Total NCCF (port charges)350.00Taxes/Fees256.40Total (USD)1,666.40Amount Paid50.00Balance Due1,616.40



Customer NotesThis reservation include $50.00 on board credit plus free gratuities compliment of xxxxxxxxxxx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Live review from Oasis of the Seas Jan 2nd, 2016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293377




My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883


My pictorial review of the Celebrity Eclipse:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1400893



Vision Hawaii 2000, Grandeur 2002, Legend 2003, Explorer 2004, Voyager 2005, Explorer 2007, Independence 2014
cincinnati, ohio,usa
6,019 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by whitshel
I will have to admit the the Oceanview on embarkation day was a mad house, we couldn't find a table inside so we had to eat outside and it was hot as you know what in Miami.

We did book Tropicante on our own, you just email Steve and he will email you back http://www.sandalsandskis.com/tropicante.html , the taxi ride there is at most 10 mins and thats going really slow, about 5 or 10 miles an hour.

I assume you mean for the price on the cruise, I'm not sure, it was definitely a group rate but there were a lot of online agencies offering it. I was totally surprised to find that for a summer cruise. Celebrity was also offering their $50 deposit at the time, when I called the t/a they told me that the group qualified for the reduced deposit, which again surprised me because usually groups don't. And it even came with a $50 OBC and free gratuities


Price Total1,060.00Total NCCF (port charges)350.00Taxes/Fees256.40Total (USD)1,666.40Amount Paid50.00Balance Due1,616.40



Customer NotesThis reservation include $50.00 on board credit plus free gratuities compliment of xxxxxxxxxxx
Was that price for 2 or 1?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last Year
April - Serenade OTS - 10 nts, Eastern Caribbean
June - Serenade OTS - 11 nts Norway/Arctic Circle
December - Eurodam - 7 nts Eastern Caribbean

This Year
August - Equinox - 7 nts Western Caribbean

2018
April - Brilliance OTS - 15 nts, TA with Ireland and Netherlands.
cincinnati, ohio,usa
6,019 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
We got an unobstructed balcony on the hump, which is near the elevators and what we need for DH for $1,938 bottom line - for the 2 of us + $175 OBC. We only booked 4 weeks out, so I was thrilled that I was able to get such a good cabin so close to sailing - someone must have changed cabins and this one became available. Guarantees were several hundred $'s less, but we need to be close to elevators, so they're usually not an option for us
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last Year
April - Serenade OTS - 10 nts, Eastern Caribbean
June - Serenade OTS - 11 nts Norway/Arctic Circle
December - Eurodam - 7 nts Eastern Caribbean

This Year
August - Equinox - 7 nts Western Caribbean

2018
April - Brilliance OTS - 15 nts, TA with Ireland and Netherlands.
Montgomery County, PA
59 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
What a fantastic review and pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along. We are doing the same ship/itinerary in March 2018, and your review has been a big help. One question - what did you do in GC? Thanks in advance.
Lenexa, KS
639 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
My wife photobombed your picture. I think you all were sitting right next to us.


Originally posted by whitshel
It feels like it's 20 degrees cooler than in Miami and Key West.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Going, Going:
Celebrity Summit 11/2017

Gone!
Azamara Quest 11/11/2016, Celebrity Summit 11/28/2015, Celebrity Summit 4/11/2015, Oasis of the Seas 6/7/2014, Disney Fantasy 5/4/2013, Oasis of the Seas 6/11/2011, HAL Eurodam 1/15/2011, Carnival Legend 9/26/2010, Liberty of the Seas 9/13/2008, Carnival Fantasy 9/3/2007, Majesty of the Seas 8/23/2006, Disney Magic 11/1/2004
san diego
2,400 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by mek
Was that price for 2 or 1?
That was for the 2 of us. I thought it was a fantastic deal especially since it was a summer sailing. Plus we booked it in November, so it wasn't like it was a last minute thing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Live review from Oasis of the Seas Jan 2nd, 2016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293377




My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883


My pictorial review of the Celebrity Eclipse:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1400893



Vision Hawaii 2000, Grandeur 2002, Legend 2003, Explorer 2004, Voyager 2005, Explorer 2007, Independence 2014
san diego
2,400 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by brooker
What a fantastic review and pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along. We are doing the same ship/itinerary in March 2018, and your review has been a big help. One question - what did you do in GC? Thanks in advance.
We did absolutely nothing in GC. We walked around a shopped a bit. This was i think the 6th time we were in GC, 4 of the times we did Nativeway's Rays, reef and rum point outing. Ya we think thats an awesome tour.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Live review from Oasis of the Seas Jan 2nd, 2016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293377




My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883


My pictorial review of the Celebrity Eclipse:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1400893



Vision Hawaii 2000, Grandeur 2002, Legend 2003, Explorer 2004, Voyager 2005, Explorer 2007, Independence 2014
san diego
2,400 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by mmacdcc
This is great, and great pics. We're doing the same itinerary in Dec, can't wait!
You'll have a great time, be sure to venture to Mahajual, don't stay in the port area.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Live review from Oasis of the Seas Jan 2nd, 2016
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293377




My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883


My pictorial review of the Celebrity Eclipse:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1400893



Vision Hawaii 2000, Grandeur 2002, Legend 2003, Explorer 2004, Voyager 2005, Explorer 2007, Independence 2014
florida
600 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Thanks for the review. We've been deciding on our upcoming day in GC and so glad to hear you've enjoyed the Nativeway tour enough to do so 4 times. That's good enough to make my decision easier!