Status Match Program

awhcruiser

Good question! My initial thought would be: yes, there will be a loyalty program, in some form, on Virgin Voyages. My only guidepost on this one is Virgin Air. Sir Richard really did shake up air travel, as we knew it. But, some things -- like the frequent flier program -- remained pretty much industry standard. Although frequent cruiser clubs vary widely in their structure and rewards, they are ubiquitous within the mainstream cruise lines. Can't see the advantage to Virgin, in not going with the status quo,on that one.

LOL -- We really do have a lot of things to speculate about, between now and when booking opens -- don't we?:D

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope they do NOT do the status match program. Loyalty deserves its rewards from the ground up. Virgin is a name that has been in the US before with Virgin Records, Virgin America (now gone). I can imagine this ship commanding a higher price because of it's all adult and unique design elements. Those who sail on her frequently should be rewarded with working their way up.

• Like 2

I hope they do NOT do the status match program. Loyalty deserves its rewards from the ground up. Virgin is a name that has been in the US before with Virgin Records, Virgin America (now gone). I can imagine this ship commanding a higher price because of it's all adult and unique design elements. Those who sail on her frequently should be rewarded with working their way up.

I think it would help them to do some kind of status match. Oceania seems to talking perks away from their loyal customers so this might be a good time to get some of them. I am sure they will do what they think is right for them. We will will sail either way but an extra perk or two would be a nice way to begin. :):):)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He did an interview and says there will be a cross company loyalty covering trains, planes, ships etc:

Quote:

"“I don’t think we’ve done it very well at Virgin,” Branson admitted of Virgin Group during the press conference. “We are setting up something called Virgin Red, which will pull the various Virgin companies together.” And that means one day soon — potentially this year — you’ll be able to collect points from your Virgin Atlantic flights, your Virgin Voyages sailings and maybe even your travels to space on Virgin Galactic."

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-things-we-just-learned-about-virgin-voyages/

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, ziggyuk said:

He did an interview and says there will be a cross company loyalty covering trains, planes, ships etc:

Quote:

"“I don’t think we’ve done it very well at Virgin,” Branson admitted of Virgin Group during the press conference. “We are setting up something called Virgin Red, which will pull the various Virgin companies together.” And that means one day soon — potentially this year — you’ll be able to collect points from your Virgin Atlantic flights, your Virgin Voyages sailings and maybe even your travels to space on Virgin Galactic."

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-things-we-just-learned-about-virgin-voyages/

Now that's tempting, but I don't know that it will sway us one way or another.  We aren't yet where we can travel enough to really make an impact as we don't choose just cruise vacations but building both cruise and air may be of interest!

On 2/24/2019 at 3:04 PM, ShillyShally said:

Now that's tempting, but I don't know that it will sway us one way or another.  We aren't yet where we can travel enough to really make an impact as we don't choose just cruise vacations but building both cruise and air may be of interest!

Interesting...

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

• 4 weeks later...