P&O Pacific Dawn - doorway widths

LokiPoki

Asking for an acquaintance, as I've never cruised P&O - but does anyone know whether suites/mini suites (non accessible) have a wider doorway than standard cabins - as is the case on some other lines?

Acquaintance booked a cruise (via TA rather than directly through P&O) - made clear that they used a wheelchair & were booked into a suite with family members. Rang to give chair dimensions to P&O to be told they'd (P&O) not been notified of any mobility device - and are being told that the chair will not clear the doorway. Acquaintance is being given the option of an accessible cabin, but at considerable additional cost.

My experience elsewhere is that customer service quote the standard cabin doorway width, and don't have information on any variation between cabin category - and knowing on Princess my chair failed to clear a standard cabin door by maybe 1.5" vs having close to that clear either side in a mini, I thought I'd ask the brains trust here.

TIA

Asking for an acquaintance, as I've never cruised P&O - but does anyone know whether suites/mini suites (non accessible) have a wider doorway than standard cabins - as is the case on some other lines?

Acquaintance booked a cruise (via TA rather than directly through P&O) - made clear that they used a wheelchair & were booked into a suite with family members. Rang to give chair dimensions to P&O to be told they'd (P&O) not been notified of any mobility device - and are being told that the chair will not clear the doorway. Acquaintance is being given the option of an accessible cabin, but at considerable additional cost.

My experience elsewhere is that customer service quote the standard cabin doorway width, and don't have information on any variation between cabin category - and knowing on Princess my chair failed to clear a standard cabin door by maybe 1.5" vs having close to that clear either side in a mini, I thought I'd ask the brains trust here.

TIA

RE: P & O

P & O has a very strict policy as to the size a wheelchair must be in order for it to be allowed in a non-accessible cabin. FYI P&O has just as strict of policy for mobility scooters. When booking with P&O all information requiring the need for a wheelchair should always be disclosed upfront to avoid exactly what your friend is now experiencing. Information can by found in the FAQ section in P&O's website. Here's the link https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/Wheelchair_Scooter_Size

For reference here's the link regarding P&O's mobility scooter policy https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/po_mobility_scooter

RE: Princess

It's been posted routinely on this forum that most all cruise line standard cabins doorways are 23" from door frame to door frame. Being that the door does not open flush to wall than 2" must be deducted which results in the threshold clearance being only 21" . Any mobility device needs to be less than 21" in width.

RE: P & O

P & O has a very strict policy as to the size a wheelchair must be in order for it to be allowed in a non-accessible cabin. FYI P&O has just as strict of policy for mobility scooters. When booking with P&O all information requiring the need for a wheelchair should always be disclosed upfront to avoid exactly what your friend is now experiencing. Information can by found in the FAQ section in P&O's website. Here's the link https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/Wheelchair_Scooter_Size

For reference here's the link regarding P&O's mobility scooter policy https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/po_mobility_scooter

RE: Princess

It's been posted routinely on this forum that most all cruise line standard cabins doorways are 23" from door frame to door frame. Being that the door does not open flush to wall than 2" must be deducted which results in the threshold clearance being only 21" . Any mobility device needs to be less than 21" in width.

I think the problem is that she booked through a travel agent, notified THEM that she was bringing a wheelchair - and agent has 1/ given her & her family incorrect info to begin with and 2/ not passed on all details to P&O (And as I've had similar happen to me twice when others have booked flights for me through a TA, and even once booking myself direct with the airline, this doesn't surprise me in the least...)

Re Princess - I know on (the former) Dawn at least, suite/mini suite doorways were a good bit wider than inside/OV/balcony as I had to fold my chair and be supported by family to get into the latter, but could easily get through our mini suite door on our last cruise - which is why I wondered about P&O (esp as most of those out of Australia I think were Princess ships in a past life)

Appreciate the links - I couldn't find such clear information on P&O Australia's site.