Has anyone done the "26 Glacier Cruise" out of Whittier???

mkcoombe

I've done a 4 hour Glacier cruise twice and a 6 hour cruise that went to Surprise Glacier, twice. I enjoyed both, but we saw more wildlife on the six hour cruise. Nice, big, clean boats, no problem with seasickness, and just a great experience. If you want to see glaciers, this is the trip for you.

What type of wildlife might we see on this trip? We are thinking of doing this tour June 1st as a Celebrity shore ex with drop off at the airport. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This isn't a wildlife tour, but harbor seals, and sea otters are frequently seen. More sea otter potential with a Surprise Glacier itinerary. Various birds always seen.

Both the 26 Glacier tours as well as the Kenai Fjord tours out of Seward are wonderful trips but the highlights are different. the 26 Glacier tours gets you up and personal with a lot of glaciers. Usually lots of sealife...seals, sea lions, occasional whales and orcas. I have seen goats but from a distance. If you are prone to sea sickness.....go on the 26 Glacier tour..It is all done within a huge fjord and it still water for the most part. Some of the Kenai Fjord trips are out on open water and it can get rough..