Check in times?

deliver42

Got an e-mail today telling me to check in at 2PM, as my room will not be ready. This is on the Regal in FLL. I've never had to be this late for a 4PM departure. Regardless of cruise line, I've always arrived and checked in about 11:30, then boarded with no problem. I have my carry on, and go have a drink and something to eat. How strict are they on the times?

The time is a suggested time. You may board whenever you want. If you get there at 10:30am, you will be waiting awhile but among the first on. If you come around 11:30 your wait, if any, should be a little shorter if boarding has started. If not, you will still have a wait, but to me that is a part of the fun and excitement of starting a cruise! I also go early so I don't miss lunch in the MDR!

Pooh

Got an e-mail today telling me to check in at 2PM, as my room will not be ready. This is on the Regal in FLL. I've never had to be this late for a 4PM departure. Regardless of cruise line, I've always arrived and checked in about 11:30, then boarded with no problem. I have my carry on, and go have a drink and something to eat. How strict are they on the times?

Have you sailed with Princess before, or have a suite booked?:cool:

Rooms are usually ready by 11:30 or noon and then boarding starts after rooms are ready..other cruise lines start their boarding before rooms are ready but usually, always could be an exception, Princess does not.

Rooms are usually ready by 11:30 or noon and then boarding starts after rooms are ready..other cruise lines start their boarding before rooms are ready but usually, always could be an exception, Princess does not.

Sometimes they won’t let you get to your cabin until 1 or 2 but let you on board earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like everything with Princess this is just a suggestion as to when to appear at the terminal. If you arrive early (11 AM) expect to have to wait in chairs in the terminal until called to board. Once aboard your cabin will be ready. We have only been told the cabin is not ready one time when they were disinfecting the cabins and not quite done making up the stateroom.

The time is a suggested time. You may board whenever you want. If you get there at 10:30am, you will be waiting awhile but among the first on. If you come around 11:30 your wait, if any, should be a little shorter if boarding has started. If not, you will still have a wait, but to me that is a part of the fun and excitement of starting a cruise! I also go early so I don't miss lunch in the MDR!

Pooh

All of what you say is true. We go around 11:00 and wait in the Platinum- Elite area and have met some very nice people that to this day. We are all good friends. :)

Tony

We are elite passengers(350 days)so we usually show up around 11:30am.Our last cruise was on the caribbean princess which has just come off a transatlantic crossing.We were told to arrive at 3:00pm.to boarding they meant it.We still sailed around 4:45p.m.

long cruiser

There could be something special going on with Regal that day that is going to delay boarding. It wasn't very long ago that Crown needed a "deep clean" or disnfectant - or whatever they do. They advised passengers similarly, but terminal was open earlier than stated for check-in and boarding was started earlier. However, all passengers were restricted to Lido or Piazza until a "go time" announcement. At least they got everyone on board to minimize delays. But the ship was quite delayed on departure... but who cares because once you step on board the vacation is really begun.

Ignore the email.

I'm on the same cruise, the Regal on Nov 26. I received an email "Final Information... Before you Sail" Nothing on it about what time to show up.

We've received our Ocean Medallions and have completed the online check-in which included scanning our Passports, Photos and the medical questionnaire.