Tauck Christmas Markets Cruise along the Rhine

Paulmj

We just returned from the Tauck Christmas Markets cruise along the Rhine on the MS Treasures, a brand-new riverboat. I posted up on Flickr a sampling of pictures which can be found here:

Feel free to ask any questions about the cruise or the stops we made along the way: Basel, Riquewier, Colmar, Strasbourg, Baden-Baden, Heidelberg, Rudesheim and Cologne.

It rained every day.

We just returned from the Tauck Christmas Markets cruise along the Rhine on the MS Treasures, a brand-new riverboat. I posted up on Flickr a sampling of pictures which can be found here:

Feel free to ask any questions about the cruise or the stops we made along the way: Basel, Riquewier, Colmar, Strasbourg, Baden-Baden, Heidelberg, Rudesheim and Cologne.

It rained every day.

I am so sorry it rained every day. That could have been a magical time, and even better if it had at least snowed.

I am so sorry it rained every day. That could have been a magical time, and even better if it had at least snowed.

Well, the bad news is it rained every day. The good news is that the rain runoff made the Rhine navigable. Two weeks earlier, it was still touch and go, and a number of people here expounded on all the woe and inconvenience they suffered by the low water.

The ship looked lovely. Any reports on the cabin and meals? How did they handle going ashore. Did it dock close by the markets?

We've been on 30 ocean cruises and 4 prior land tours with Tauck. Based on that perspective, the cabins were first rate as was the food. People could and would nit-pick, actually about anything, but we were completely satisfied. If you've never been with Tauck, you should try it...just once. If you have toured with them, you know what to expect, and they didn't fail to deliver.

Wherever it was an easy walk to the markets (Rudesheim), we walked. If it was longer, Tauck provided bus transportation. Three Tauck-dedicated buses followed the riverboat the entire week. They were always there waiting, including getting us to the airport in Cologne at the end of the week.

Archived