Price Difference !!

ticktoneer

I was just checking the April Brilliance transatlantic for a friend and am shocked at the price difference if we book in the UK or use a US booking route.

Booked in the UK - £499 ($750) per person

Bokked in the US - £239 ($358) per person

Shocking !!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was just checking the April Brilliance transatlantic for a friend and am shocked at the price difference if we book in the UK or use a US booking route.

On the Royal Caribbean Australian site you can book an oceanview room for $350AUD (£228)per person. Not bad in my opinion :D

This has been done by hotels, rental car companies and especially the Airlines for years.

I find it interesting that it is now 'Shocking' when a cruise line is doing the same thing.

It used to be worse, the lines used to have one General Agent for each country and even the local travel agencies could only book through this source.

The internet has really helped to at least open up this practice to aware consumers.

Some rates are regionally exclusive and require ID or country specific credit cards and it least they are not doing that entirely.

Hi

The reason the cruise is priced more in the UK at the moment is because the price includes a free premium drinks package and $100obc for an inside cabin plus $200 for an outside which incidentally is the same price as inside:confused: It doesnt say this on the RCI UK website but it is advertised in the press and on internet Travel agents websites.

We are on this cruise and have watched the prices go up and down depending on which promo they are offering, luckily we had a cabin on hold back in November before they increased the price so we got an amazing deal, sadly I have read RCI are no longer allowing travel agents to hold cabins:mad:

You just have to work our which deal is the best for your friend and then accordingly.

Hi

The reason the cruise is priced more in the UK at the moment is because the price includes a free premium drinks package and $100obc for an inside cabin plus $200 for an outside which incidentally is the same price as inside.

Doesn't sound like its free to me.

Book in the USA then?:rolleyes:

Hi

The reason the cruise is priced more in the UK at the moment is because the price includes a free premium drinks package and $100obc for an inside cabin plus $200 for an outside which incidentally is the same price as inside:confused: It doesnt say this on the RCI UK website but it is advertised in the press and on internet Travel agents websites.

We are on this cruise and have watched the prices go up and down depending on which promo they are offering, luckily we had a cabin on hold back in November before they increased the price so we got an amazing deal, sadly I have read RCI are no longer allowing travel agents to hold cabins:mad:

You just have to work our which deal is the best for your friend and then accordingly.

It doesn't include the drinks package as I rang them and asked as soon as I saw your post. It also doesn't include OBC I was told as that was last months promotion.

Book in the USA then?:rolleyes:

Judging by this comment I presume you have booked in the US previously. I know it is against forum rules to post the name of the agent used, but is there any way of passing this information on personally? Reading all these posts has really made me consider trying to book in the US for our cruise this summer but as a first timer I am nervous and a recommendation would be helpful. Thanks

Archived