Nachi Cocom Walkups?

Tinious

I'm looking at either Nachi Cocom or Paradise Beach for me and my wife on Tuesday September 15th, arriving on the navigator of the seas (9-6 based on itinerary).

We'd probably prefer Nachi Cocom, but I'm not confident enough to make a pre booking. My plan is (if we're up for the beach that day) to go there first, and if it's full just go to Paradise Beach instead.

Does Nachi "always" sell out in advance such that this is a dumb idea, or have people had luck with walk ups? If we do go, it'd probably be earlier than later so I'm not expecting to roll in there at noon or anything.

I'd heard Nachi Cocum does not take walk-ins but I know some have been let in on occasion, when they haven't reached their 100-guest max.

The best thing to do, I'd say, would be to email them via the booking site and ask your question. That way, your info will be right from the horse's mouth.:)

I'm looking at either Nachi Cocom or Paradise Beach for me and my wife on Tuesday September 15th, arriving on the navigator of the seas (9-6 based on itinerary).

We'd probably prefer Nachi Cocom, but I'm not confident enough to make a pre booking. My plan is (if we're up for the beach that day) to go there first, and if it's full just go to Paradise Beach instead.

Does Nachi "always" sell out in advance such that this is a dumb idea, or have people had luck with walk ups? If we do go, it'd probably be earlier than later so I'm not expecting to roll in there at noon or anything.

From what I have read here it usually sells out. However, we experienced the opposite. We made the booking one night before, while on the ship. That day it was quite deserted in the morning. But people started to trickle in later. I saw a lot of empty loungers so I would assume they were not booked to capacity. This was with the Oasis, the Getaway, the Carnival Freedom and Carnival Dream in town at the same time.

We are also going there in November, but I booked that in advance, since I heard that it is the peak season for cruise ships in port.

Most of the beach clubs are all along one road/beach, but not walking distance from the road.... Paradise, Mr Sancho's, Play Mia, Nachi.

All the beach clubs are very nice and you cannot go wrong. If you have kids, they may like Playa Mia better, but it does get very crowded as all the ships bring their beach tours there. If you like tranquility, Nachi is your place. If you like a little upbeat, Paradise and Mr Sancho's are the places to go.

Hope all this info will give you a better idea of whether you just want to wing it or reserve in advance. Do post what you decide to do and your two cents on your return.:)

Oh one more thing.....we were planning on staying at Nachi for the morning and then coming back to town to do some shopping and stroll around after lunch.....did not happen! It was so beautiful and serene we did not want to leave!

Edited by Arzeena

Thanks all. I like the idea of booking late, and perhaps spending a few bucks on internet from the ship the night before.

No kids, so we'll skip Playa. Not interested in a "party atmosphere" this time, so we'll skip Mr. Sanchos. Indeed we have it narrowed down to Nachi or Paradise depending purely on if we want an all-inclusive or a-la-carte. And that will largely depend on weather and how we're feeling that day.

Thanks all. I like the idea of booking late, and perhaps spending a few bucks on internet from the ship the night before.

No kids, so we'll skip Playa. Not interested in a "party atmosphere" this time, so we'll skip Mr. Sanchos. Indeed we have it narrowed down to Nachi or Paradise depending purely on if we want an all-inclusive or a-la-carte. And that will largely depend on weather and how we're feeling that day.

Paradise is nice but full of kids because of pool and water toys.

If you want adult a-la-carte and can live with stairs into the water instead of sandy beach, try The Money Bar. Great food, free lounge chairs, cold bevies and OK snorkeling. Because of the retaining wall, holding in sand and lounge chairs, this is not a place for kids.

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing with Celebrity in December and were wondering how long it would take to get to Nachi-Cocom and how much it costs.

Cab ride will take about 15 minutes and should cost about $17+tip each way for up to 4 passengers in the taxi -- rates will be posted on the board near the taxi line for your pier. Admission to Nachi itself is about $55 per person (book on-line) plus tips to your waiter and bartenders (I like to practice my Spanish at the swim-up bar :o).

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Been to Nachi Cocoom twice so far. Usually what I've heard, it does sell out. It never looked crowded those two times. The beach really isn't all that, in my opinion. Although I do like their covered area with tables, and the swim-up bar next to the pool.

Last year when I was there, they handed us some shots and drinks that basically tasted watered down. Not sure what they were initially giving us, but one in our group yelled and complained to give us the good stuff. Then they went back and got us good strong shots. So be warned they may rip you off on drinks. Go to the bar, ask to see the bottles and make sure they provide good stuff.

Edited by MyronH

I've been to Nachi multiple times, Paradise beach several times and Mr. Sanchos once. Here are my thoughts.

Nachi- I love Nachi. Hands down my favorite. It's low key and laid back and I always get great service. Love the food and always get good drinks. Nice chairs and thatch Palapas. It's beautiful and I feel like I'm in a Corona commercial. Beautiful pool and nice hot tub as well. Nachi limits to 100 people per day, though I have seen them squeeze 120 in on a crazy bust day with several ships in town. 120 is still better than 600 at Paradise IMHO.

Paradise- This is a great beach club, and with kids would be my choice. Lots for them to do and it's festive. If you are not a big drinker, this is the way to go as you aren't paying high admission to cover your booze. I've had a great day there and would go there more except for one thing, at Nachi, you are front row on the beach...no lounge chairs in front of you. At Paradise you may have a couple rows of chairs (and umbrellas) between you and the water, and I don't want to look at several rows of people in front of me. Food is good here as well.

Mr. Sanchos- Lots of people love this place and the service is good. Food to me was ehhh, same festive atmosphere as Paradise, same umbrellas as opposed to thatch palapas. Good value and I would go again if Nachi was sold out and Paradise was too crowded. It's still a beach in Cozumel, how bad can it be? :D

So for those keeping score -- my wife and I did just walk up on Sept 15th (Tuesday) from the Navigator of the Seas with absolutely no problems.

We took a taxi just before 9am and ended up being one of, if not the, very first to arrive just after they opened. When we said we did not have reservations the greeter started a sales pitch about how they were a "luxury all inclusive and..." -- I cut her off, showed her my $110 cash and a couple minutes later we were drinking margaritas from a prime spot under a palapas on the beach. While they were checking us in I saw their reservation list and there was at most 20 names listed. A quiet day because the weather forecast was iffy for a while and I think there were only 2 ships in port.

At about 3:30pm they hinted very strongly that we were among the last couples left and we should get back to the ship! There were a lot of Coronas and some fantastic food in between.

It was an amazing day. Thanks to everyone here for the advice to seek it out. The food was great, service was fantastic, we met a lot of very cool people including a group next to us who kept ordering and bringing corona's out into the water for me.

I even managed to have a fantastic cigar near the end of the day.

My only complaint is that I ended very, very burnt as I wasn't expecting to spend any time in the water, and I actually spent way too much time in the water. My shoulders actually blistered it was so bad. But worth it ;)

If you're 100% sure you're going to go, I would recommend making a reservation via the website. But if you're going to arrive early, especially if there's not a lot of the massive sized ships in port -- you can probably easily walk-up as we did.

So for those keeping score -- my wife and I did just walk up on Sept 15th (Tuesday) from the Navigator of the Seas with absolutely no problems.

We took a taxi just before 9am and ended up being one of, if not the, very first to arrive just after they opened. When we said we did not have reservations the greeter started a sales pitch about how they were a "luxury all inclusive and..." -- I cut her off, showed her my $110 cash and a couple minutes later we were drinking margaritas from a prime spot under a palapas on the beach. While they were checking us in I saw their reservation list and there was at most 20 names listed. A quiet day because the weather forecast was iffy for a while and I think there were only 2 ships in port.

At about 3:30pm they hinted very strongly that we were among the last couples left and we should get back to the ship! There were a lot of Coronas and some fantastic food in between.

It was an amazing day. Thanks to everyone here for the advice to seek it out. The food was great, service was fantastic, we met a lot of very cool people including a group next to us who kept ordering and bringing corona's out into the water for me.

I even managed to have a fantastic cigar near the end of the day.

My only complaint is that I ended very, very burnt as I wasn't expecting to spend any time in the water, and I actually spent way too much time in the water. My shoulders actually blistered it was so bad. But worth it ;)

If you're 100% sure you're going to go, I would recommend making a reservation via the website. But if you're going to arrive early, especially if there's not a lot of the massive sized ships in port -- you can probably easily walk-up as we did.

OMG, you were sitting next to me and my SIL! you're from Canada? I believe when I left you were, um, taking a siesta! It was a great day...I love Nachi Cocom. I will be back for sure!

Edited by Shekim

Can anyone please let me know what the beach is like? Is it rocky or sandy. Do you need water shoes or not? Thanks in advance.

The beach is soft sand, not rocky at all. There a small incline down into the water which isn't bad going in, but a bit of a challenge coming out! Nothing insurmountable, just be aware. I don't wear water shoes there and never felt I needed them.

Can anyone please let me know what the beach is like? Is it rocky or sandy. Do you need water shoes or not? Thanks in advance.

There were a few posts earlier this year complaining that the sand was too soft? :confused:

I suspect they also complained that the beer was too cold and the drinks were to "fruitiful" :rolleyes:

OMG, you were sitting next to me and my SIL! you're from Canada? I believe when I left you were, um, taking a siesta! It was a great day...I love Nachi Cocom. I will be back for sure!

Small world. That was me for sure. There are indeed a couple hours missing from my memory of that afternoon, one minute we were eating ceviche, and next minute we were being told we should go to the ship if we wanted to be on it :)

The beach is soft sand, not rocky at all. There a small incline down into the water which isn't bad going in, but a bit of a challenge coming out! Nothing insurmountable, just be aware. I don't wear water shoes there and never felt I needed them.

The beach is great, and you do not need water shoes at all. It is very sandy all around, no real rocks or jageds in the water to worry about.

However, the sand is not a super soft silica type, it's more biogenic, so it's a bit "rougher". It reminded me very much of the sand in Veradero Cuba area. It's very enjoyable, but "sand snobs" may find fault with it.

WE have been to Nachi once about 5 years ago and are very excited to be going back again this coming March. We would have gone back sooner, but this is the first time we will be porting at Cozumel since our last visit there 5 years ago.

The one experience we had when there we felt like it was almost empty. More than half of the chairs were unused. I wondered how many people were actually there so I walked the beach area (not very big) and did count about 80-90 on the beach (some could have been in the water, the pool, the bar area, washrooms, etc.). Even with 100 people there, this place seemed empty.

As for our trip this coming March, we are taking a group of about 30 of us out there for the day (plus others from our roll call joining us too) so it will likely be like we have place to ourselves. When we booked several months ago there were only about 20-25 spots left for our date in mid-March 2016. If you have your heart set on this place, I would recommend booking it. If you are ok trying at the gate and being told no and comfortable having going to Mr. Sanchos just down the beach (our kids intend to walk down to Mr. Sanchos and pay to use the inflatables for the day), then the walk up option may be good for you.

As for the weak drinks...I found them to vary throughout the day. If I went to the bar or the pool (swim up bar), then they were quite strong. We sat far away from the bar on the beach (the far right). It was so hot that the ice probably melted by the time the servers got our drinks to us most of the day, thus they may have felt watered down. Either way, there was more than enough alcohol consumed that day to make the pier sway side to side as we made our way back to the ship.

P.S. we loved all the food as well and only wish we were hungrier and could have eaten all of it