Obstructed balcony cabins on Royal or Regal

Cruisin Kay D

It depends on the location. Some have a lifeboat or davit blocking the view, others are deemed obstructed because the front panel is metal rather than glass.

And some (BV and DV cabins) have no horizontal obstruction but look down on the roof of Crooners (port) or a shop (starboard). We were on Regal’s TA in September in a DV and it was a great bargain due to it officially being obstructed and having an extended balcony to boot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We book category DZ on the Regal, front balconies on Emerald Deck, the balconies are (Obstructed) because the front and sides are metal, but they are 3 times the size of a regular balcony, our Apr. and Sept. of '18 TA's are E-108 and E-110 respectively, we stayed in them before. We even had deck loungers last year on our balcony.

By all means, check out the website maintained by Renmar for cabin views out the doors. Regal/Royal are unique from other ships. Some of the lower profile lifeboats roof lines just come up to about the balcony railing top, while others are higher profile boats and block much more of the view as the roof line comes well above the balcony railing.

we had a "obstructed" balcony a few yrs ago on Regal, I believe it was E deck, the deck above the life boats. There wasn't really an obstruction, except looking down, the life boats were right below, and there were lifeboat davit cables running across above, only a pain if you were trying to take a picture, you would have a cable in the picture

c58PpFenhance

Edited by rp23g7

we had a "obstructed" balcony a few yrs ago on Regal, I believe it was E deck, the deck above the life boats. There wasn't really an obstruction, except looking down, the life boats were right below, and there were lifeboat davit cables running across above, only a pain if you were trying to take a picture, you would have a cable in the picture

we are about to be in 2 of these cabins. I'll take pics and write up a review.

E502 and E332.

E110 Obstructed

85a392c316c4ce34b6a1cbfaa32630ea.jpga9b6a262d1d00e74b3349d71f3a12115.jpg0c748f7a7f90aee1b8ddc3813b0709ed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

April '17 TA, FLL to Hamburg we had this cabin and loved it because of the size of the balcony and cheaper balcony price, with that said next April's TA, FLL to Copenhagen this cabin wasn't available so we booked E-108, next door. Sept. '18 we'll be back in this cabin, Copenhagen to NYC.

need2cruisesoon and firecrewcapt- Me my DH and in laws will be on the Royal in these cabins E110 and E108 in January do you think we will be able to play card on the balcony while the ship is moving? Will it be to windy? We usually play in the designated card playing room but it would be nice to be able to play while enjoying the ocean.

need2cruisesoon and firecrewcapt- Me my DH and in laws will be on the Royal in these cabins E110 and E108 in January do you think we will be able to play card on the balcony while the ship is moving? Will it be to windy? We usually play in the designated card playing room but it would be nice to be able to play while enjoying the ocean.

This cabin in particular was well insulated from the wind as huge metal partitions separated (and enclosed) you from the balcony next.

I wouldn't see an issue with playing cards however wind direction and ship speed would be a factor. You can open the partition door between 108=110.

Enjoy these cabins, we loved the quietness and the sound of the water on the hull of the Regal which lulled us to sleep every night.

I believe if the weather holds out and stays fairly calm you should be able to.

need2cruisesoon and firecrewcapt - Thanks for your quick responses. I really hope we can play cards on our balcony and hopefully the ship speed and wind direction will be in our favor. I am glad we can open the balcony between the cabins we like having the ability to go between both cabins to get soda or beers from both refridgerators ( we are elite) . Again thank you both for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
And some (BV and DV cabins) have no horizontal obstruction but look down on the roof of Crooners (port) or a shop (starboard). We were on Regal’s TA in September in a DV and it was a great bargain due to it officially being obstructed and having an extended balcony to boot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What was you cabin #?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use the above (Renmar) site often as we often take a deck 8 obstructed view cabin on various Princess ships. We are very early bookers and next year on Royal, by carefully checking the available cabins and the above link, scored E630, no obstruction for a decent price.:halo:

I was in E331 in October and you could not see straight down because of the lifeboat. It did not block looking straight out if you were on the couch, or from the bed.

It didn't bother me, but traveling single I am usually in an inside cabin. I like Emerald deck because I spend so much time on 5, 6 & 7 lower decks make more sense.

After checking the aforementioned website, we booked E439 and 438 for our Feb. cruise. It doesn't look THAT obstructed. Seems like a great location, especially now that we can take the stairs down to the Piazza area.

We've never done a balcony before so this will be interesting.

Please do. We are in E512 in December and were wondering about it.

E512 has a lifeboat outside the balcony, blocks view below to the waterline but no obstruction looking straight out, this is the situation with many of the obstructed balconies on Emerald Deck 8.

Enjoy your cruise.;)

• 3 weeks later...
Please do. We are in E512 in December and were wondering about it.

both E332 and E502 were great cabins. E502 was closer to the stairs and elevators which was a plus for my limited-mobility dad.

E332 was a deluxe room, so it had a single sofa bed which was more comfortable than the regular single beds, so I used it for myself instead of my kiddo.

My parents enjoyed E502 very much.

I sent photos of the view to Renmar right after the cruise, but I checked and as of yesterday, he didn't add them to his website yet.

E502 view

25158462_1618103274915186_1796302921139039987_n.jpg?oh=15eeea59635062ae599dc496f661ce18&oe=5AC12F3D

E332 view

25158278_1618103651581815_8377030334536091290_n.jpg?oh=e350178171615dc0d9eda97caa43a675&oe=5AC0E51A

I have to say that the obstructed view was identical for both rooms.