Half Moon Cay Clamshell Question

ricki

The clamshell is easy to set up if you don't want to wait. There's a strut that's either under the clamshell or behind it. You pull the top up and put the strut into place.

If you are unsure of what to do, the attendants can do it for you.

It has changed slightly. We were there on November 17 (this past Friday). You have to take your ticket that says you've purchased a clam shell, to the booth where the lady there will right up another form for you, and that's the form you give to the ladies in the yellow shirt who set up the clam shell for you. They then take that piece of paper and put it in the plastic envelope at the top of the clamshell. It seems an extra step and there was a little line up. This was our 4th stop here and the first that I've seen them do this.

It has changed slightly. We were there on November 17 (this past Friday). You have to take your ticket that says you've purchased a clam shell, to the booth where the lady there will right up another form for you, and that's the form you give to the ladies in the yellow shirt who set up the clam shell for you. They then take that piece of paper and put it in the plastic envelope at the top of the clamshell. It seems an extra step and there was a little line up. This was our 4th stop here and the first that I've seen them do this.
Thanks for the update. It was hard enough finding one of the setup people before. I'm glad they added an extra step to slow things down. ;) Hopefully they'll add an extra step where you go somewhere on board to exchange the voucher for an extra ticket that you can take to the booth where you can get in line all the other people waiting for excursions. Maybe even throw in a restriction so you can't get your clamshell until your entire party is present.

The clamshell only holds two loungers, so I don't imagine restricting till your party is there is going to happen. We found on Friday we didn't use it, while we always have. My husband likes the shade, and this time he sat outside of it most of the time we were there. I will add that we found the buffet to be pretty good, even better than we'd had before. I don't know if we were extra hungry, or what, but we really enjoyed it and thought there was more selection than we'd seen before. Enjoy your day there.

I find it much easier to walk along the interlocking path before heading down to the beach area to claim a clamshell. It's just too far and hard to walk along the beach all the way from the excursion booth.

I find it easier to fake a bathroom emergency and send my better half to stand in line.. then go find a clamshell.. set it up .. and get my lounge chair all ready for me.

All the while I am sitting pretty at the bar, sipping a Wang Wang .

Just kidding, of course. 8am is way tooo early for a Wang Wang.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely. That's Bloody Mary Time.

But they are now offering "sun shade" tents that are cheaper than the clamshells.

And still waiting for someone to post a picture of one of the sunshades in action.

We have seen the generic sales picture version but not from someone that has used it.

I reserved a clamshell for my cruise in April back in September. When I looked at the shore excursion site the other day they were only offering the big huts (or what ever they call them). I was worried that they didn't have the smaller lounges after the storm. Glad to hear they still are there. Good thing I booked early.

I find it easier to fake a bathroom emergency and send my better half to stand in line.. then go find a clamshell.. set it up .. and get my lounge chair all ready for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums