Live from the Ruby Princess!

Coffeeluvr05

Currently docked in Mazatlan and having a wonderful time. We are thoroughly enjoying our cruise but the hubs informed me this will be our last tropical cruise. We just hate the heat and humidity. The service has been fantastic and the food is equally good. This is a very full ship and 800 of the passengers are kids. We are empty nesters and normally avoid kid places. I have to say, none of the children on this trip have annoyed me. I’ve found them all very well behaved. Well, except for those few we saw jumping into the pool where the signs clearly say “no jumping”! Pretty minor stuff. The entertainment has been pretty good. Lots of family friendly stuff...yes or no game show, lots of trivia, comedy/magic. So different from our last cruise on the CB in Europe. Really good, just different.

TTFN! Off to enjoy my trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow 800 rug rats running around! We got off the Ruby when you boarded on Saturday. I thought we had a lot of kids, maybe 75 or so, but 800. :eek: Our local secondary schools are out for the week and this is probably true in many areas. We as empty nesters also try to avoid school breaks. We were on a carnival ship last year, the first week of May, and there were over 400 aboard. Don't these kids have to go to school? I can say that we have never had a problem with them being aboard. They have always been respectful around us. Have a great journey.

Curious to know if you have noticed if the buffet is doing the same menu for 3 days in a row at lunch and dinner. Thanks!

I have only eaten twice at the buffet, including embarkation. The food is ok. I’m not a buffet person so no buffet is going to be great. It was very limited on embarkation day. Yesterday we had brisket, lasagna (tasty), a couple of Indian dishes, soup, etc. I really like the pizza at the pizzeria. Haven’t had lunch yet today so we shall see. I may just get pizza or a burger at the trident grill.

If you are able to post the menus, we would appreciate it.

We like to book a speciality restaurant for one night and try to find the night without our favorites in the MDR.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise

Christie

Sorry, no menus. We have eaten in the MDR each night and everything is good. Tonight is our second formal night so I am hoping for lobster. Ask your room steward to provide you the menus for each day and that way you can plan. We did that on our last cruise.

We are thoroughly enjoying our cruise but the hubs informed me this will be our last tropical cruise. We just hate the heat and humidity.

Try Mexico in January-March. It's not nearly as humid. Still real warm, but not the oppressive humidity.

Jim

We disembarked the Ruby on 11/11 on the last calif coastal of the season and thought the ship in very nice condition. The deck crew always seemed to be out and about cleaning something or other and with the exception of embarkation day the food was very good in horizon court.

800 kids? Seriously? Holy cow! It must be because of the US Thanksgiving holiday week. I think I only saw about 20 kids the whole cruise.

I'll be on a Ruby Princess cruise in less than a week. So, I am quite interested in Coffeluvr's experience. Normally, I would click on the "Thread Tools" link and subscribe to the thread. However, that link doesn't appear to be working today on this thread. So, I am making this totally uninformative post to see if that gets me subscribed.

I'll be on a Ruby Princess cruise in less than a week. So, I am quite interested in Coffeluvr's experience. Normally, I would click on the "Thread Tools" link and subscribe to the thread. However, that link doesn't appear to be working today on this thread. So, I am making this totally uninformative post to see if that gets me subscribed.

If you are able to get copies of the menus and post them, we would be most appreciative

Thanks

Gosh how many kids will be on board over Christmas i wonder and all really excited!

There were a lot of kids aboard the cruise because it is Thanksgiving week in the US and a lot of kids are out of school for the week. The year end holidays will attract the same families so expect hundreds of kids aboard. You may even get more than the 800 they have now. I have read reports of over 1000 aboard. Good luck.

Is the international cafe open on embarkation day?

And are there keep fit classes like yoga, zumba and maybe dance classes?

Hopefully there's a brilliant kids club?!

I believe the IC is. It’s open 24/7. Not sure about classes. We didn’t do any.