Nude Areas on Ships?

sullaRaffaello

• 6 months later...

Options:

1. Book a cabin with a suitable balcony.

You may have to do some research to establish just what is "suitable".

2. Play it by ear, find a secluded spot on the ship (they're usually on the top-most decks, where most folk think it's too windy). We've usually found somewhere on board to get a 100% tan.

If you do intend to use public areas, best to choose vessels and dates that keep children to a minimum...

Being tactful and tactical are the key. If you're an experienced naturist, you'll know what I mean.

3. Destinations is another option. Many ports of call have nude beaches not too far away. We found a wonderful one on the south side of The Big Island, Hawaii last time out.

I just got off the NCL Pearl. They have a "freestyle" deck. My husband and I went up there to get away from the crowd and so I could rest my sunburn for a bit and remove my straps. I only saw topless women and their fully clothed husbands up there - but maybe it was because the men weren't interested in being freestyle on that day. I recall reading that a men have sunbathed nude on previous cruises.

• 4 weeks later...

Some NCL ships have a freestyle deck, and yes both men and women have the option of going nude.

Carnival no longer has a topless decks as of Feb 22nd, 2007

As far as I know NCL is the only line that offers true CO travel for non-charted cruises.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know about other Celebrity ships, but the Galaxy has a deck marked "topless". I can attest to this, first hand.

It's the very top deck - #14, at the very front. It's almost like a deck 15, up some more strairs, in among the satellite navigation spheres.

Except when entering/leaving port or something else worth seeing, this deck was not used by "clothed" people much at all (it's fairly remote) and topless ladies were by no means uncommon up there. The staff were noted serving drinks and chatting to completely nude passengers (male or female) and didn't bat an eyelid.

Some of the girls in the theatre show liked to use it too.

I think it's because it is a remote area of the ship that it is condoned.

• 1 month later...
Why did carnival do away with the topless deck? I do not remember anyone being forced to go there, and it was a great spot to meet friends that shared some of our vacation experiences.

The poster above you just said that the Destiny still had it. And I know

the Feb 2007 date topless decks supposedly ended is not correct also

because the Carvnival Glory still had an area with topless women

sunbathing on our Jan 2008 cruise.

• 2 months later...

"...Does anyone know if the Norwegian Jewel has a topless/nude deck?..."

Yes it does, along with the Pearl, Gem, and Jade. Deck 15 forward. Small, only 'bout 18 deck chairs (at least on the Pearl). Sometimes empty, sometimes SRO. Everything from fully clothed to nude, men, women, young, old, big, little, you name it. It was our favorite place on the ship...

All Costa ships offer topless or Euro sunbathing on all sun decks.

You can still get away with topless on Carnival ships, just like any other line, until someone complains. On our Miracle cruise someone complained and they kept going through the area telling people they couldn't be topless. If one of the Carnival ships still has a marked topless area I would love to know about it.

We were on the Carnival Destiny last week in Sept. Destiny had just returned from dry dock/refurnishment. The topless deck is now a mini-golf course. Very pretty but unless you are in port due to the wind it really is useless. But it does serve as a nice back drop for photos but not sun bathing....