Cruise Ship Model Souvenir New In Box Collectible

I buy one of these whenever I'm on a cruise of the ship that I'm on. Well, my first 2 cruises I did not buy one and have been looking for them. I see on ebay people selling them from $79-$200. Do they really sell for this much or are these people just HOPING?

I'm not complaining or anything. I'm just curious if they truly sell for that price or not.

I buy one of these whenever I'm on a cruise of the ship that I'm on. Well, my first 2 cruises I did not buy one and have been looking for them. I see on ebay people selling them from $79-$200. Do they really sell for this much or are these people just HOPING?

I'm not complaining or anything. I'm just curious if they truly sell for that price or not.

I paid $120 for one of the Carnival Celebration but that was for a ship that rarely comes available on eBay and also was no longer in the fleet at the time I was searching for it.

I’ve collected a few from buying on the ship, only one ship model did I buy off of eBay, the first Regal Princess which was like $30-$35.

It's all about supply and demand. I bought one for somebody on cruise critic and he reimbursed me for the actual cost plus shipping.

Let me know which ships you're interested in. I have several future cruises booked.

They usually sell for $70 on the Carnival ships. I don’t know about the cruise lines.

The most I've ever paid for one of the models was $39.95 onboard the ships. In fact, on our October 2017 cruise on the Paradise, I bought one and it said $39.95 on the box but the guy only charged me $29.95. I too started collecting them after our fourth cruise. I went to the Roll Calls of the specific ships that I needed and ask if anyone would be willing to get me the models that I needed. In all three cases, someone stepped up and said that they would.

I gave them my email and home address and told them that I would pay them for the ship, shipping and give them something for their trouble. Two notified me of the cost of the model and the shipping and I sent them a check. Then they shipped the model. The third just sent me the model and told me what it cost before I sent them the check. In each case, I gave them $10 more for their time invested. I would try that route before I would pay that much extra for one on eBay.

• Like 1

I purchased one of the ship models on Carnival Liberty while on our last cruise in Sept. 2015 and pretty sure it was only $30 - $35. Prices may have gone up since then. I've seen what they are asking on Ebay as well. Someone is asking $169.99 for Valor, and another is asking $199.99 for Legend, the same kinds sold on the ship. :eek::eek::eek: Wonder if they are actually selling for those prices? I could understand a model of a ship no longer in service or with the cruise line going for that kind of price, but ships currently sailing? Unless Carnival has discontinued selling them. I hope not since we get one to represent each cruise

• 1 year later...

My wife and I have been collecting the magnets that are in the shape of each ship. However, the past two cruises we went on did not have these for sale.  Instead we had to buy either a key chain or tree ornament and are planning on glueing a magnet on.  Because of this, we have decided to start collecting the model ships. We bought our first one while sailing on the Carnival Sunshine last week, but would like to purchase the models below to represent our past cruises.  If anyone has any of these or would be willing to purchase and mail while on their next cruise let me know what it would cost.

carnival freedom

carnival legend

carnival liberty

carnival vista

5 hours ago, Kwin_22 said:

My wife and I have been collecting the magnets that are in the shape of each ship. However, the past two cruises we went on did not have these for sale.  Instead we had to buy either a key chain or tree ornament and are planning on glueing a magnet on.  Because of this, we have decided to start collecting the model ships. We bought our first one while sailing on the Carnival Sunshine last week, but would like to purchase the models below to represent our past cruises.  If anyone has any of these or would be willing to purchase and mail while on their next cruise let me know what it would cost.

carnival freedom

carnival legend

carnival liberty

carnival vista

Refer to my post #9 above.  That's the best and cheapest way to get the ones you need.   FYI, the models of the newer ships (Vista Class) are smaller than the models of the Fantasy Class.

Edited by RWolver672

15 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Refer to my post #9 above.  That's the best and cheapest way to get the ones you need.   FYI, the models of the newer ships (Vista Class) are smaller than the models of the Fantasy Class.

Thanks. I have posted in a roll call for each ship.  How much smaller was the vista class? I remember seeing them in the gift shop but don’t recall them be much smaller.  

In comparison, the Conquest and Dream class models are 12 inches long and 3.5 inches high.  The Paradise (Fantasy Class) is 10 inches long and 2.5 high.  The Horizon model is 10 inches long and 3.75 high.  What makes it look so much smaller is that knowing that the Horizon is a much larger ship than the Paradise, proportionately, it just looks odd.

On 11/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, Kwin_22 said:

carnival freedom

carnival legend

carnival liberty

carnival vista

When you recently purchased your ship model on Sunshine last week, was it in the $30 - $40 range or have they gone up to $70?  Reason I ask is that I've also been getting the modes but it was mentioned in the 2nd post of this thread (from 2018) that they "usually sell for $70 on the Carnival ships.".  I can see paying $30 - $40, but I don't think I'd spend $70 for one.  We now have ship models to represent each of our cruises/ships we've sailed on and looking to buy one next year.  We didn't buy a model for our first few cruises, but was fortunately able to get models from our first cruises on Ebay for $20 - $40, but that was in early 2011.  I can't believe what they are asking on Ebay now. 

1 hour ago, pghsteelerfan said:

When you recently purchased your ship model on Sunshine last week, was it in the $30 - $40 range or have they gone up to $70?  Reason I ask is that I've also been getting the modes but it was mentioned in the 2nd post of this thread (from 2018) that they "usually sell for $70 on the Carnival ships.".  I can see paying $30 - $40, but I don't think I'd spend $70 for one.  We now have ship models to represent each of our cruises/ships we've sailed on and looking to buy one next year.  We didn't buy a model for our first few cruises, but was fortunately able to get models from our first cruises on Ebay for $20 - $40, but that was in early 2011.  I can't believe what they are asking on Ebay now. 

It was $35 for the sunshine model.  I agree about the eBay prices.  I have found all ships except for the Vista on eBay but they want anywhere from $90-$150.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:30 AM, Garth2 said:

It's all about supply and demand. I bought one for somebody on cruise critic and he reimbursed me for the actual cost plus shipping.

Let me know which ships you're interested in. I have several future cruises booked.

I believe it was me that you bought it for.  Since then, I have mentioned that if anyone is looking for models of the ships to go to the Roll calls and ask like I did.  I got all three that I needed within a month.  Can't thank you enough for doing it for me.

15 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

When you recently purchased your ship model on Sunshine last week, was it in the $30 - $40 range or have they gone up to $70?  Reason I ask is that I've also been getting the modes but it was mentioned in the 2nd post of this thread (from 2018) that they "usually sell for $70 on the Carnival ships.". 

They have never cost $70 on the ships.  The least I have ever seen them was $29.95 and the most was $39.95.

20 hours ago, Kwin_22 said:

It was $35 for the sunshine model.  I agree about the eBay prices.  I have found all ships except for the Vista on eBay but they want anywhere from $90-$150.

Thanks!  That's about what I paid for my last one (Liberty) in Sep. 2015.  I thought that $70 mentioned in the 2nd post in this thread was a little much.

7 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

They have never cost $70 on the ships.  The least I have ever seen them was $29.95 and the most was $39.95.

Thank you.  When I read the 2nd post in this thread, I was shocked when I saw she mentioned they cost $70 on the Carnival ships.  Since that is double what I paid for my last one, on the ship, in 2015. 

On 6/22/2018 at 10:01 AM, iamchrisstone said:

i'm seeing carnival ink pens on ebay for $20 each LOL. i mean, if you can only get this stuff on the ship, i guess i could understand it being that much. but wow

I have one on my kitchen table don't know when we got it.its going on ebay tomorrow.id rather have the jackson.i used to be a cheerleader but after the last 2 I've come to my senses.i got one more to take then we are done.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:01 AM, iamchrisstone said:

i'm seeing carnival ink pens on ebay for $20 each LOL. i mean, if you can only get this stuff on the ship, i guess i could understand it being that much. but wow

I have even seen the blue zone luggage tags for debarking on e-bay.

I have one from each of my Carnival cruises except from our first cruise, which was on Ecstasy.  So on our most recent cruise, I asked the cruise director if he would email the Ecstasy cruise director and he did. Wala! An Ecstasy model ship arrived at our home a couple weeks after we returned from the cruise.  I display them in my home office.  

On 11/17/2019 at 11:22 PM, Kwin_22 said:

carnival freedom

carnival legend

carnival liberty

carnival vista

Been lurking for years on this board but first time poster. Going on the Vista in January and would be happy to get the model for you. 

Edited by MaynardG