Buy wifi package before trip?

LisaT12

Hello,

If I decide to buy the wifi package before I cruise, how and where do I get the wifi password? Is it in the cabin? Thanks!

if you download the Carnival Hub app, you just sign on through there once on the ship :)

• 7 months later...

My question is about having 2 people wanting to each use their device at the same time. Can we pay for 2 package for our room? I'm not finding that option when I look at wifi packages. My husband and I don't want to "fight" over who gets to be logged in and when lol. We both want to be able to post on Facebook at the same time.

My question is about having 2 people wanting to each use their device at the same time. Can we pay for 2 package for our room? I'm not finding that option when I look at wifi packages. My husband and I don't want to "fight" over who gets to be logged in and when lol. We both want to be able to post on Facebook at the same time.

Yes you can buy two packages. You will each log in with your folio numbers.

Yes you can buy two packages. You will each log in with your folio numbers.

Thanks! So if I purchase a package, and my husband purchases one, we just log in with our folio number? (I assume they're different? this is my first cruise, sorry!)

I know that people are saying that the wifi is hit and miss on the ship, but we might take our chances anyway.

Thanks! So if I purchase a package, and my husband purchases one, we just log in with our folio number? (I assume they're different? this is my first cruise, sorry!)

I know that people are saying that the wifi is hit and miss on the ship, but we might take our chances anyway.

Yeah, if you want to buy an internet plan ahead of time, login to your cruise manager and purchase a plan for each of you. Once on board, you’ll login to the wifi with your folio numbers. Those can be found on your Sail & Sign cards.

Yeah, if you want to buy an internet plan ahead of time, login to your cruise manager and purchase a plan for each of you. Once on board, you’ll login to the wifi with your folio numbers. Those can be found on your Sail & Sign cards.

Thank you! Very helpful!

Is the wifi the same price if we buy it before the cruise or wait until we board?

No, there is a small discount if you buy ahead of time. For example the social media package is $4 a day when you buy it before the cruise And is $5 a day when you buy it on the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the wifi the same price if we buy it before the cruise or wait until we board?
In addition to what Lhound said, and I don't know if this is still true today, but two years ago, if you bought it on day 1 of your cruise and bought it for the entire cruise, it was discounted. For instance, I got the Social package for $18 instead of $25. Again, that may not be in place anymore. Two years ago, you couldn't purchase internet ahead of time, so with the introduction of pre-purchases, the day 1 discount may have been eliminated. Hopefully someone who knows can clarify. I'd like to know because if the day 1 discount is cheaper than the pre-purchase price (as it was in my case above), I'll just wait.

In addition to what Lhound said, and I don't know if this is still true today, but two years ago, if you bought it on day 1 of your cruise and bought it for the entire cruise, it was discounted. For instance, I got the Social package for $18 instead of $25. Again, that may not be in place anymore. Two years ago, you couldn't purchase internet ahead of time, so with the introduction of pre-purchases, the day 1 discount may have been eliminated. Hopefully someone who knows can clarify. I'd like to know because if the day 1 discount is cheaper than the pre-purchase price (as it was in my case above), I'll just wait.

That’s no longer the case and you can’t get Social by the day anymore either. It’s cheaper online. No discount onboard.

0d4f560a6c61572311090155aca14aeb.jpg

• 3 months later...
So if we were to purchase the "value" plan that would enable my husband to check work e-mails while on the ship? If so, can he also send pics that way as well. I know, I know - but he never can unconnect.

Thanks.

Don't mind the folks who like to lecture others about disconnecting. We all handle our vacations in our own ways, some just have trouble accepting that.

Yeah, the Value plan allows for checking emails. As far as pictures, we just got off the Glory last week and I didn't try to send any, but my wife was able to send some through iMessage. I assume it'd work in emails. With all that said, depending on the ship you'll be on, be prepared for very slow internet service. Ours was absolutely atrocious. We couldn't go to any websites, including Carnival's, I had a heck of a time checking emails. I was only able to check them, and send one off, one time. After that, I gave up, it wasn't worth it. No matter the time of day or amount of traffic, it was terrible. Vista, and now I suppose the Horizon, are supposed to have their upgraded internet service and they're supposed to be rolling it out across the fleet this summer, so they say. There are often places in port that offer free wifi. Those would probably be better than the ship's. At Amber Cove, I saw one of the crew members sitting outside a shop in the port complex with his laptop. You can talk to crew members because many of them know where to get free wifi in different ports.

So if we were to purchase the "value" plan that would enable my husband to check work e-mails while on the ship? If so, can he also send pics that way as well. I know, I know - but he never can unconnect.

Thanks.

Theoretically yes, however it was so hit or miss for me last week on the Glory my emails didn’t always come through

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Theoretically yes, however it was so hit or miss for me last week on the Glory my emails didn’t always come through
I read many comments about it being slow, but I never imagined it'd be as bad as it was. A couple years ago, it had a lot to do with time of day and the amount of traffic, but this time it didn't matter. It sucked all the time. I wish we would've said something to Guest Services. They probably would've issued a refund or discount, but we didn't.