Regent Seven Sea Cruiser looking for a change

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Silversea Cruises

Read Silversea Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:57 PM.
California
61 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
I have sailed over 250 days on Regent,I have seen a fall off in service and overall quality since Apollo has bought the line.My question is does Silver Sea deliver a product that rivals the service and quality that once was Regent.I am looking to make a change,but only if I can find a quality product.Thanks for your input.
3,184 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by Seacap
I have sailed over 250 days on Regent,I have seen a fall off in service and overall quality since Apollo has bought the line.My question is does Silver Sea deliver a product that rivals the service and quality that once was Regent.I am looking to make a change,but only if I can find a quality product.Thanks for your input.
I sailed with a lot of ex Regent sailors on the Seabourn Odyssey last summer.Barry Hopkins,John Barron and Handre Pottinger are all ex Regent cruise directors and are now with Seabourn.
You will be happy with either Silversea or Seabourn and you have a choice of small or medium sized ships too.
Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A.
1,698 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
We switched to SS in 2008 after @ 250 nights on Regent. We've cruised both Shadow and Silver Spirit. I think you'll be more than happy with Silversea. It's more like what Regent used to be.
670 Posts
Joined May 2004
We now have 3 SS cruises under our belt with a fourth coming up soon. We also switched after many RSSC cruises. SS is just fabulous.