pinnacle grill lunch

llbz327

Be aware that if your cruise is one on which a lot of pax have the Pinnacle Lunch as a promo, you may not be able to get a reservation at all.

On a 16 day cruise, 10 sea days, only freebies got reservations. No walk-ins, either.

Oh shoot, don't tell me that. I was unaware of any PG lunches as a promo. I didn't think that came with Explore4. hope not, as we didn't take Explore4 for our next cruise and I am counting on PG lunches for some sea days ;)

What will be will be I guess. Hoping though that the manager can help us with some reservations.

Be aware that if your cruise is one on which a lot of pax have the Pinnacle Lunch as a promo, you may not be able to get a reservation at all.

On a 16 day cruise, 10 sea days, only freebies got reservations. No walk-ins, either.

This is news to me as well as previous posters. A complimentary PG Lunch? I don't think I recall seeing this.

This is news to me as well as previous posters. A complimentary PG Lunch? I don't think I recall seeing this.

I have no idea what promo this was. We were annoyed that HAL wouldn't take paying customers as well as freebies.

When we wanted to book a few lunches (on the second night of the cruise), the PG manager, a very nice guy, certainly one of the best we've had, said all the lunch reservations were gone, to the pax with promos ("freebies").

We took him at his word. Several days the PG was closed for lunch. One day for a special Mariner event, so we did get one lunch there (special menu, hosted tables, very nice).

We never noticed the PG with many pax at lunch time when it was open, but that is standard in our experience.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Many large travel consortiums book "open" group space, and one of those group amenities might be a pinnacle grill lunch. Travel agents can also opt to purchase a pinnacle grill lunch as an amenity for their clients.

I would assume that PG staff at lunch are reduced and allocated elsewhere, so they may only be able to seat 1/2 as many (or less) as at dinner. Also due to the shorter hours they can only plan on seating each table once, which further reduces the # of reservations they can accept.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

we will be sailing in a Neptune suite in about 3 weeks.

I heard there was a complimentary breakfast in the Pinnacle but have never heard anything about lunch.

Is there a complementary lunch there for suite guests ?

Thanks

I didn't know they had a suite luncheon in the pinnacle. Do they have it on the Rotterdam?

They should if your cruise is more than 7 days. I think the cruise needs to be 10 or 14 days long. I think it is 10 but I don't want to steer you wrong.

we will be sailing in a Neptune suite in about 3 weeks.

I heard there was a complimentary breakfast in the Pinnacle but have never heard anything about lunch.

Is there a complementary lunch there for suite guests ?

Thanks

On cruises that are more than 7 days (see reply above) there is usually a suite luncheon for those in the NS and PS. It's a special menu, not normal PG menu and lunch and wine are complimentary.

One subtle change (in the past year) on the menu is that the burger used to be made from Wagyu Beef! That has since been replaced with beef of a lower quality....although it is still a delicious burger (nothing like what you get upstairs at Dive In). DW and I actually enjoy lunch more then the dinners. The Pinnacle is usually not very busy, service is excellent, the food excellent, and the price is right for 4-5 Star Mariners who only pay half price.

Hank

... DW and I actually enjoy [Pinnacle Grill] lunch more then the dinners. The Pinnacle is usually not very busy, service is excellent, the food excellent, and the price is right for 4-5 Star Mariners who only pay half price.

Hank

Spot on, Hank ... on all counts!!!