Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

As the new day dawned we were treated to a glimpse of the distant Cascades beyond the Space needle .

IMG_3552_zps7sir1amx.jpg

We grabbed breakfast at the Whole Foods buffet downstairs to prepare us for the day and get us ready for buffet etiquette aboard the Eurodam .

DSC00412_zpsdcyfleik.jpg

We did take a short walk in the city looking for an ATM .

DSC00425_zpsielayxzi.jpg

DSC00426_zps2gleiroz.jpg

There is a lot of construction going on in the city

DSC0042220Stitch-001_zpsll2xisrf.jpg

And we did catch a glimpse of the day's destination , somewhere under the rainbow .

DSC00418_zpskdvlvxt2.jpg

Pictures are great...I love your sense of humor. We have that same book on cruising in Alaska...have read most of it in preparation for our trip in just 25 days!!!

You can thank the doctor who dropped me on my head when I was born for that ! ;p

Will you be leaving from Seattle ? I forgot because I can't find my memory pills .

We do like the book and we also had a couple of good private guides in Victoria and Ketchikan . :) :D

You can thank the doctor who dropped me on my head when I was born for that ! ;p

Will you be leaving from Seattle ? I forgot because I can't find my memory pills .

We do like the book and we also had a couple of good private guides in Victoria and Ketchikan . :) :D

We are going to Denali National Forest for 3 days first and then cruising from Seward to Vancouver....very excited about the trip.....I am kind of sorry we won't be in Seattle as we've never been there before....but who knows everyone says that we will love Alaska so maybe we will go again sometime!:)

We are going to Denali National Forest for 3 days first and then cruising from Seward to Vancouver....very excited about the trip.....I am kind of sorry we won't be in Seattle as we've never been there before....but who knows everyone says that we will love Alaska so maybe we will go again sometime!:)

Oh yeah , that sounds great ! :) :D

We had a lunch date on the Space Needle and we wanted to visit Chihuly Garden when they opened at 10 AM . It took less time than we thought that it would to walk there so we snooped around a little .

IMG_3563%20Stitch-001_zpsmwpf6o7m.jpg

It takes 41 seconds to ride the elevator 520 ' .

IMG_3559_zps4t3lzbin.jpg

A sculpture in the park

IMG_3588_zpspd91fm8s.jpg

As I walked around to the other side to include the sculpture in a photo with the needle I could hear some drumming . There was a drummer sitting in the pipe on the right and the smell Uncle Ike's was wafting through the air .

IMG_3590_zpsdcubf7cs.jpg

At the base of the Space Needle is the Chihuly Garden

IMG_3571_zpsr8epoqz5.jpg

And across from that is a Boeing Imax Theatre and the Sonic Blooms

IMG_3598_zpsxtsbvlax.jpg

Gorgeous photos! Can't wait to see it in person! Thanks

It's really nice there and we got a tip from C.C. about the Space Needle next door . The lines for the elevator can be quite long sometimes but by eating there they give you a priority boarding . That was our next stop after the garden . I took a look at your cruise and 14 days looks really good !

It's really nice there and we got a tip from C.C. about the Space Needle next door . The lines for the elevator can be quite long sometimes but by eating there they give you a priority boarding . That was our next stop after the garden . I took a look at your cruise and 14 days looks really good !

We got the same tip! Having brunch there the day before the cruise and then going to Chihuly. Yes, we stop at some very interesting ports. :)

After leaving the garden we still had some time before lunch and we saw this full size totem pole in the distance before seeing the building .

IMG_375220Stitch-001_zpslitvmhgb.jpg

IMG_3757_zps09l1gbfw.jpg

I crossed the street at the duck crossing to get a better look at it

IMG_3760_zpslz8ropjt.jpg

IMG_376420Stitch-001_zpsb4lxpmqh.jpg

After rejoining Pat we both said the same thing before seeing this sign

DSC00454_zpsgsivi5do.jpg

DSC00455_zpshobkpuxx.jpg

We had both thought of the Guggenheim which we had seen in Bilbao , Spain on our Transatlantic crossing on the Celebrity Eclipse in 2015 .