Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

DrivesLikeMario

What is the sip n sail?

AIBP beverage package is included with the cruise fare. Worth about $57/day for each of the first two passengers in a cabin.

We booked our next two cruises under the last Sip and Sail promo. Our upcoming cruise in October is 28 days. Hawaii and South Pacific. The AIBP for two people on a cruise that length costs $3,217.20

There is no way I would pay that kind of money but as a free perk it is great. The cruise was listed at the same price as last year without the AIBP so we jumped on it. We also booked a 14 day Caribbean for next March under the same promo.

I noticed that this year they mentioned (more than once) a limit on daily alcoholic beverages will apply. That's new to us (not an issue, just new).:confused:

I saw that same thing and was wondering when the change came about. It's a huge change.

We booked our next two cruises under the last Sip and Sail promo. Our upcoming cruise in October is 28 days. Hawaii and South Pacific. The AIBP for two people on a cruise that length costs $3,217.20

There is no way I would pay that kind of money but as a free perk it is great. The cruise was listed at the same price as last year without the AIBP so we jumped on it. We also booked a 14 day Caribbean for next March under the same promo.

We have used the AIBP on every cruse the last two seasons, some 130 days. You usually start out saving thousands of dallors on the long cruises. However usually for us at least the non Sip & Sail fare drops to a value that may or may not be worth keeping the Sip & Sail fare. We always take the Sip & Sail fare and then go from there.

I saw that same thing and was wondering when the change came about. It's a huge change.

I think it's pretty lame to add that verbiage but not have the specifics of the policy available anywhere. I understand that they likely got sick of the people who "shared" the package. Of course some of them then came here to brag about it. It's usually those who abuse things who mess it up for the others who follow the rules.

I think it's pretty lame to add that verbiage but not have the specifics of the policy available anywhere. I understand that they likely got sick of the people who "shared" the package. Of course some of them then came here to brag about it. It's usually those who abuse things who mess it up for the others who follow the rules.

So true! I am kind of glad that they are doing something to address the abuse, but also sad that those of us who follow the rules end up being punished.

I agree completely. You can still buy the AIBP from Princess with no mention of new restrictions.

As I think I said earlier we have seen a lot of shenanigans. Drink sharing was a big one with few bartenders wanting to be caught up in being the sherif. I am glad on the Royal they finally incorporated the AIBP into the card instead of the colored sticker. People would reuse the sticker (only 3 colors) but that option is gone.

I am glad on the Royal they finally incorporated the AIBP into the card instead of the colored sticker. People would reuse the sticker (only 3 colors) but that option is gone.

Or Princess simply could have posted every drink to the on-board account and have the computer delete it if the cruise card owner did have the AIBP.

Unless I 've been sleeping (possible) I don't see Princess ever offering Included Drinks Packages, such as Sip and Sail, in their marketing here in Australia. I have cruised with Celebrity and unless your timing is out it is nearly always possible to get perks such as drink packages included.

I know nothing is really free and it is costed in somewhere but does anyone know why Aussies don't get this option. If we do please advise and I'll start looking closer. I like plenty of beer but I am about to do a 21 cruise on the Royal and it would cost me over $1400 for the daily beverage package. Some days I'd get the value but not on average over 21 days.

I agree completely. You can still buy the AIBP from Princess with no mention of new restrictions.

As I think I said earlier we have seen a lot of shenanigans. Drink sharing was a big one with few bartenders wanting to be caught up in being the sherif. I am glad on the Royal they finally incorporated the AIBP into the card instead of the colored sticker. People would reuse the sticker (only 3 colors) but that option is gone.

Or Princess simply could have posted every drink to the on-board account and have the computer delete it if the cruise card owner did have the AIBP.

Which they've been doing for a number of years now. You didn't think just having the right color sticker would beat the system. :D

It might fool the bartenders since they don't cross check the computer. They just scan you card & if you don't have the package it'll charge the correct amount to your tab.

You have to have at least one AIBP to get by. ;)

Which they've been doing for a number of years now. You didn't think just having the right color sticker would beat the system. :D

It might fool the bartenders since they don't cross check the computer. They just scan you card & if you don't have the package it'll charge the correct amount to your tab.

The above statement is completely incorrect, at least on the Royal. It was all about the sticker before Feb 28th, 2017 on the Royal Princess. We had bought the AIBP for our adult children back on a cruise in 2016 and charged it all to our cabin with no link to their cabin. Later on we question passenger services about it and they said it was all about the sticker. It was swiped only for inventory control before Feb 28th, 2017 on the Royal. The bartender had to hit the AIBP logo on the computer screen based solely on the sticker.

Starting with the 28, Feb 2017 cruise on the Royal they put in a new program recognizing the AIBP on the cabin cards magnetic strip. We were on that cruise and they had problems recognizing the AIBP before 3:00 pm on embarkation day. We happen to have a friend who was the bar manager on that cruise and he confirmed that that was the first cruise that they activated the AIBP in the card and that they were having some glitches.

It's best not to guess when posting a reply.

We found that not to be true on the Royal. We had boughten the AIBP for our adult children on our account with no link to their cabin or account. When they had a couple of errant charges and I went with them to explain why they have the AIBP sticker. They had to look up my account to see that I had boughten four AIBP's. She confirmed again that it was all about the sticker. She said it was all up to the bartender to hit the AIBP logo on the screen because it would not be automatically deleted because of the AIBP.

It's a moot point now because as of 28, Feb 2017 on the Royal the AIBP is in the magnetic strip on your cabin card.

The above statement is completely incorrect, at least on the Royal. It was all about the sticker before Feb 28th, 2017 on the Royal Princess. We had bought the AIBP for our adult children back on a cruise in 2016 and charged it all to our cabin with no link to their cabin. Later on we question passenger services about it and they said it was all about the sticker. It was swiped only for inventory control before Feb 28th, 2017 on the Royal. The bartender had to hit the AIBP logo on the computer screen based solely on the sticker.

Starting with the 28, Feb 2017 cruise on the Royal they put in a new program recognizing the AIBP on the cabin cards magnetic strip. We were on that cruise and they had problems recognizing the AIBP before 3:00 pm on embarkation day. We happen to have a friend who was the bar manager on that cruise and he confirmed that that was the first cruise that they activated the AIBP in the card and that they were having some glitches.

It's best not to guess when posting a reply.

Last Nov on the Royal a bartender was certain that the AIBP info was all kept on the computer and as long as any drink was posted to that card number it wouldn't be charged. The correct color sticker was only for the bartender to check.

Last Nov on the Royal a bartender was certain that the AIBP info was all kept on the computer and as long as any drink was posted to that card number it wouldn't be charged. The correct color sticker was only for the bartender to check.

The old system would usually create several mistaken charges per cruise on our account because there was no automatic link to the AIBP. With the new system it's much better but not perfect. We got off a 38 day Royal cruise last month with only one errant AIBP beverage charge for a diet coke. It will be interesting to see how the Ocean Medallion will interface with the AIBP.

Cruised on Caribbean Princess in April and had AIBP with no sticker. It was associated with my account when my cruise card was swiped. My goal is only to cruise with the sip & sail perk so I never have to worry about it. :')

A cruise with a stop at Princess Cays I believe is the only time they need the sticker because they don't have readers. At least it was that way last April.

We really enjoy the AIBP and even better if the Sip n Sail works out as the best option.

The flyer only shows a couple of examples but the other information posted states that the offer is valid on "all destinations, summer 2018 - spring 2019".

We were able to re-book our recent Alaska cruise to take advantage of a Sip and Sail promotion, and would love to have the same thing happen for our September 2018 cruise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed b/c while it says all destinations, it does not say all cruises. Am I being too cynical? Or could we get lucky two cruises in a row?

I'm wondering what constitutes "summer 2018". I have an Alaskan cruise booked, but it's at the very beginning of the season - departing the very end of April. I'm guessing it won't be eligible, but I'll know soon enough, I guess.

I'm wondering what constitutes "summer 2018". I have an Alaskan cruise booked, but it's at the very beginning of the season - departing the very end of April. I'm guessing it won't be eligible, but I'll know soon enough, I guess.

I booked for March 18, 2018 under the last Sip and Sail promo. That might tend to indicate that cruises in this upcoming promo will be later than that date. Obviously that is only a surmise on my part.

It seems that your comment about needing "one to get by" identifies you as a sharing advocate? :(

We were able to re-book our recent Alaska cruise to take advantage of a Sip and Sail promotion, and would love to have the same thing happen for our September 2018 cruise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed b/c while it says all destinations, it does not say all cruises. Am I being too cynical? Or could we get lucky two cruises in a row?

Hopefully you'll get lucky 2 cruises in a row but until cruise fares are released we can only speculate.

Based on the offer's conditions not every cabin will be eligible for this promotion.

"Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories may vary"

Hopefully you'll get lucky 2 cruises in a row but until cruise fares are released we can only speculate.

Based on the offer's conditions not every cabin will be eligible for this promotion.

"Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories may vary"

What are "minimum lead-in categories"?